A powerful AI app with the aim of connecting legal consumers with a vast network of legal services.
- Selected as LawTechUK Sandbox Pilot Pioneer
- UK patent pending for AI-Method Technology
- £52,000 Sales Q3 2021, £33,000 Sales already in Q4 2021*
- Internationalising as UK-Government UAE Trade Mission Delegate
We're a growing platform, powered by machine learning, pioneering convenience, accessibility, and affordability for legal consumers.
1. Artificial Intelligence: We provide an app through major app stores that benefits legal consumers by bringing legal services closer to them. We were one of the first start-ups in a UK-government sponsored sandbox, have received EU and other funding, and have worked with global firms.
2. Needs-Focused: Demand is core to our work. A recent report found that there is an £11.4bn per year market opportunity for LawTech and innovation to address the unmet legal needs of SMEs and others. We build solutions that people want and will pay for, and this drives our model.
3. Growth: We've identified a space for new services, such as legal finance and claims purchasing. We want to expand and have prepared a product strategy, together with a marketing strategy. We also have a strategy for partnerships too that will enable us to grow internationally.
Substantial Accomplishments to Date
Over the past 4 years, we've looked at 100,000+ cases to launch a machine learning app that can address unmet legal needs. We were one of the first companies to be included in a UK-government backed sandbox, have been provided with EU and UK Government funds, and have been supported by some of the largest law firms in the world. Our vision is 'a world where people everywhere feel empowered by technology to enforce their legal rights'.
We have a patent-pending AI app that can be downloaded from Apple and Google. It enables people to understand the area of law by typing in free text and then signposts them to relevant services. They can find a regulated legal service provider, and can access 1,000s of questions and answers, +5,000 legal documents, +6,000 resources and more than 10,000 pages of content.
Premium services can be paid for, such as 'Book A Lawyer', where consumers can access legal service providers' calendars and hold video conferences. We offer other subscription services too.
This includes launching a 'group claims' service. This will allow group users to 'Join a Claim' and submit their information for Legal Utopia to process and pass on to a legal service provider. It will also include 'Sell my Claim', which will provide Legal Utopia with the power of attorney to deal with claims and with the right to benefit in exchange for a cash payment.
We also plan to launch a 'Bundles Service' to provide specific bundles of documents, along with paralegal support, to enable high-volume, low-value legal tasks to be completed.
We are in the process of establishing a wholly-owned subsidiary of Legal Utopia to provide authorised legal advice from employed and consultant solicitors to subscription clients. It will focus on providing "out-of-hours" and remote advice.
We are undertaking significant data landscaping and developmental work to support the expansion of our existing 'Find-A-Lawyer' service to introduce new services next years.
Use of Proceeds
Our 3-year product strategy is also accompanied by a new partnership strategy, under which we will work with 3 new categories of partner – ‘Product Partners’, ‘Service Partners’ and ‘Strategic Partners’, in expanding our income, together with a new marketing strategy that identifies 11 marketing channels that we’re actively targeting. We have, for example, recently embarked on a new nationwide television campaign with Sky Media.
We aim to grow in the UK legal space, whilst prospecting international opportunities. This crowdfunding will be used to scale the business, including developing new products and services so we can reach even more customers. We want to explore expanding into overseas markets. For example, we are already part of the first UK government backed legal services trade mission to the UAE. Our app can be used to export legal services abroad targeting a $1trillion global marketplace.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £24,549.09 Bounce Back loan from Starling Bank Ltd at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is repayable over 3 years.
2. £33,319 loan from a director at an interest rate of 0% per annum. The loan is to be repaid when the business allows.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
*Based on unaudited management accounts.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Legal Utopia
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.