Fastest growing free-from treat brand in the UK. Always 100% plant-based, natural and indulgent.
- Almost 7 million treats sold
- Stocked in 3,200 UK stores. Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s & more
- Mainstream appeal: 73% of customers aren’t vegan
- 200k online following and super-fan customer base
We’re on a mission to make better-for-you and indulgent treats accessible to everyone! Adding magic and innovation to the plant-based and free-from world.
We make naturally scrumptious treats that always hit the sweet spot. Our products have mainstream appeal while also catering for those with allergies and intolerances. We develop the recipes in-house and sell through major retailers (e.g. Tesco, Sainsbury’s & Boots) and online, via Amazon and our website.
Since launching in 2014, we’ve demonstrated that vegan and free-from products can be delicious, innovative and exciting. We enable people to feel good about their indulgent moments.
Life is too short to settle for anything less than everything – at Livia’s we are hungry for it all.
Our community has always been at the heart of everything we do. Now is the time for our community to be involved in another meaningful way… by becoming a Livia’s Investor.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Livia’s is founded: Olivia spotted a gap in the market for naturally scrumptious, free-from treats
- Raised £60k from an angel investor to help launch
- Olivia converts her parents’ kitchen for small-scale manufacturing and launches in Selfridges just 11 weeks after the idea was born
- Now supplying Selfridges, Planet Organic, Whole Foods and high-end independent stores across London
- Blog created with Olivia’s baking experiments. It quickly becomes well-recognised for plant-based and indulgent food
- Book deal with Ebury for Livia’s Kitchen – an Amazon Best Seller
- Moved from home kitchen to a contract manufacturer!
- Million Squares launches and sells out rapidly. Winner of Great Taste Award - the word was out: a new treat brand on the block and everyone wanted a taste!
- Raised £350k from three experienced angel investors
- Going mainstream: topping £1m revenue with launches into Waitrose, Ocado, and Sainsbury’s
- Nugglets launch is a huge success and distribution grows nationwide. Tesco and Boots join the family
- Team move to a new home in North West London, with their very own development kitchen!
- Dunx range launches - the ultimate cookie and nut butter combo!
- Million Squares, Nugglets and Dunx stocked across 3,200 stores including Holland & Barrett and WH Smith
- £1million investment from Triple Point Venture Capital and angel investors
- Launch Treat Boxes and Dunx Dips, with both selling out on the first day!
- Website sales increase by over 1,000%+ during lockdown (y-o-y)
Livia’s sell across multiple online and offline channels. We supply major supermarket chains, specialist health stores, and are expanding into out-of-home too. We also sell directly to customers through Livias.co.uk and Amazon.
With a growing and loyal customer base, of which 49% of surveyed customers tell us they'd buy at least once a week, we see substantial incremental sales whenever we bring new products to market.
Our focus on growing revenue is driven by three things:
- First taste: driving trial with new consumers using our impulse range
- Building loyalty and basket spend with our multipack and sharing formats
- Trading consumers across into new innovative ranges
Moving forward, we’ll be doubling down on New Product Development and expanding distribution even further.
Plus, our huge digital fanbase is hungry for more – so we will be improving and growing our online customer experience. We’ll bring our brand-customer relationship to life with more online content, subscriptions, merchandise and events.
Use of proceeds
The foundations are all in place. We have a product that customers are “obsessed with”, a reliable supply chain and a team that is experienced, passionate and focussed.
Now, we want to invest in four areas to further our brand as the number one fastest-growing plant-based treat in the UK and become a well-known household brand worldwide. The four areas your investment will feed into are:
- new product development,
- growing our e-commerce platform (D2C),
- growing our marketing and sales teams, and
- scaling operations
By the end of 2021, we plan to have released three new product ranges, ensuring that Livia’s has something to offer for every sweet occasion. We aim to grow our online presence and direct-to-consumer business, as well as branch into whole new areas including cafes, travel and, when the time is right, expand overseas.
All investors in this round are receiving the same class of senior share as our lead VC.
Has all of this left you feeling hungry? Great, come and join us on this delicious journey. Here is what is in it for you...
Please note that any discounts and/or offer listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company's responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Please note that the company has a £50k government bounce back loan. The funds raised as part of this round will not be used to pay back this loan.