On a mission to put a Nanny in the pocket of millions of parents worldwide.
- Founded by Norland Nanny & Maternity Nurse Louenna Hood
- 3,500 Subscribers, suggesting approx. £170k ARR
- 50k Insta Following / 92% Subscriber retention rate
- One stop shop from pregnancy through to school aged children
Hi, my name’s Louenna Hood and I’m the founder of the Louenna App - the Nanny in Your Pocket.
For the past 18 years I have worked all over the world, including for several royal families. During my time as a Nanny I found that today’s parents have access to more information, but less direction than ever before and are increasingly separated from support networks. So, I created an app so that every parent can have access to support and guidance from a trusted and qualified expert, taking them from pregnancy through to school age.
The app can be accessed wherever you are and has over 255 chapters, categorised in an age and stage appropriate timeline for ease. We have integrated features such as timers and logs, a video library, 240 family recipes, 250 activity ideas, first aid videos and so much more!
With the Louenna app parents know they are getting trusted advice from a team who have the training, the references, the compassion and expertise to support them on their journey.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Since launching the app 16 months ago with a small friends and family investment round, we have achieved a lot:
- We developed and launched the app, and have released dozens of new versions and features, 100s of how-to videos and loads of other fantastic content.
- The app now has over 25,000 downloads, and over 3,500 paying subscribers, which suggests an annual recurring revenue of £170k.
- We are very proud of our Subscriber retention rate, which currently stands at 92%
- Subscriber Growth Below
- We have grown our Instagram following to over 50k, and have consistent 5 star reviews on the app store.
- We’ve also built an expert team with a wealth of experience in tech, childhood education, and marketing.
- We have successfully launched partnerships with other industry experts to bring their original content into the app. Examples of this include expert videos on pre and post natal fitness, early learning education, children’s first aid and pre and post natal yoga.
Our goal is to give millions of parents across the planet access to affordable and expert childcare in their pocket.
The primary source of revenue comes from subscription sales to the app. We offer a monthly or annual subscription, however the app itself is free to download,
Since launching the app and digital consulting services over a 1 year ago, it has had over 25,000 downloads, over 3,500 paying subscribers and suggests approximately £170k annual recurring revenue.
- These are sold through the website in both physical form and as an e-voucher.
- There are two consultants on the Nanny Louenna team that take bookings through the website. They provide a personalised support service to parents/carers and cover a wide range of topics.
Affilate Link Programmes:
- Products are recommended for purchase through the app's shopping feature. These product links are affilliated, giving Nanny Louenna a percentage of the sale.
The cost of a Norland Nanny vs the cost of the Louenna App:
The Louenna app is available at a fraction of the cost of a Norland Nanny.
Use of proceeds
Funds raised in this round will primarily go towards funding a world-wide marketing campaign to grow our subscriber base and increase awareness of the Nanny Louenna brand through partnerships, social media marketing and PR events.
We will focus on marketing the app in the following areas: United States of America, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
We would like to add the following features to the app:
- Personalised pop ups, tailored to the developmental stage and age of each child.
- Pregnancy feature where women can keep a log throughout their pregnancy.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £50,000 bounce back loan from Barclays at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid in monthly instalments, and is to be repaid in full by October 2030.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Louenna
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.