Mesmo wants to revolutionise the hotel experience.
Imagine travelling to a hotel and being able to network with other guests even before you check in, or receiving special offers from the hotel before and during your stay.
When launched, hotels will receive a full dashboard, which will allow them to fully control its content and get analytics to communicate with guests, in order to increase brand engagement, in-house revenue, and even attract new customers.
After suspending its first campaign, Mesmo is coming back on Seedrs with a brand new B2B tool for hotels, and we intend to offer the same soon for events and trade fairs.
To strengthen our team, we have brought new senior directors on to the board, who have a wealth of experience in a variety industries including Hotels.com, Amadeus, and H10 Hotels.
As a thank you to everyone who decides to join us on this journey, we are happy to offer free lifetime access for our future premium versions of the app, as well as the following investor perks:
IF YOU INVEST OVER £/€500:
• Unlock 10% discount on selected hotels in Europe and South America, thanks to the support of Pestana Hotels, Pestana CR7 (Cristiano Ronaldo) Hotels, Pousadas, Dom Pedro Hotels and Abba Hotels. You can see the full list of hotels and destinations by clicking on the following link: www.mesmo.me/perks
IF YOU INVEST OVER £/€1000:
• Unlock up to 25% discount on several of the same hotels. You can see the full list of hotels and destinations by clicking on the following link: www.mesmo.me/perks
Hotels are finding it ever harder to compete with social travel sites such as Airbnb or Homestay. Mesmo tackles this head-on by allowing hotels to add a social element to the hotel-booking experience.
THE B2B IMPACT
At hotels integrating Mesmo, guests will be able to network with other hotel guests as well as with the local community even before they arrive at the hotel.
THE EXPECTED BENEFITS FOR HOTELS:
- Adding value to incentivise direct bookings.
- Adding a social element to the hotel experience.
- Boosting online reviews.
- Business travellers being able to network right at the hotel.
- Boosting bar and restaurant revenue.
- Making the hotel the centre of the local community.
- Big data.
- Targeting new customers through the Mesmo community.
THE B2C IMPACT
One of the best places to network is the hotel lobby, even the hotel bar.
Mesmo instantly connects people staying at the same hotel/in the same area with smarter networking, enriching their experience with interesting user-generated local content and bookable services.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Version 1.0 iOS & Android apps working smoothly with strong user interface available.
Mesmo was released as a public minimum viable product and was featured on TNOOZ.com, a prominent travel industry publication.
Version 1.0 was highlighted and recognised on a number of large tech news sites, allowing us to gather valuable consumer feedback for future updates.
Mesmo was then one of the featured startups on ProductHunt.com (Silicon Valley-based site, curating the best new tech startups).
Most recently it was featured as app of the day at PCGUIA.
We believe that one of the most attractive aspects of our business model is having three different revenue streams:
- Think of a swiss army knife for guests. Our users will be able to book hotels, flights, taxis activities and actually anything they need to have a perfect stay through our partner agreements. If we simply take a look at the monetisation revenue from our affiliate agreement with HotelsCombined, we can already see added revenue coming in from 26% of visitors. The reason is simple: a number of our users travel on a regular basis and are looking for best-price-guaranteed stays.
- We also intend to generate incremental revenues through in-app targeted advertising, as we profile users and know where they are, where they are travelling to and what they're interested in.
- At a later stage we intend to add a freemium model to the app, where users pay an extra fee for premium features.
Use of proceeds
Given our growth strategy, which includes partnering with hotels, the majority of the proceeds from this round will go to adding new features to the app:
- B2B business profile and dashboard, allowing businesses to showcase their products.
- User-generated content to further boost user interaction and networking.
- Bookable content offering hotel, restaurant, flight, taxis and ticket bookings.
- Gamification to reward users with discounts on third party content.
For the rapid and smooth addition of new features to the app, Bliss Applications in Lisbon (one of the largest agencies in the field in Portugal) are Mesmo's technology partners. Their vital input makes them effectively a Mesmo staff member.
Mesmo works alongside hotels - a global industry forecast to generate 550 billion U.S. dollars in revenue in 2016.
Travellers who are on the road for more than one day need a place to sleep and rest. There are various types of lodging across the world to accommodate for this.
Most cities are seeing pressure from more serviced apartments, Airbnb and similar shared space models. Rooms at these venues are popular with travellers on weekend, leisure and business trips, while also catering for people around large events. Increasingly business travellers are forecast to become more frequent users of such shared models.
Regarding the actual users, we are targeting the group of modern travellers from urban centres travelling on short, medium or long stays. We consider the demographics to be impressive, especially regarding "Bleisure" travellers who mix business, work and leisure. 67% of business travellers say they take some leisure time when on a business trip and 58% of business travellers extend their stay, adding a free day or weekend. Mesmo will come in handy for these customers.
Business travel generates over 1 trillion dollars. According to the UNWTO, 14% of total international arrivals (1.1 billion in 2014) were made for business and professional purposes, which is approximately 154 million international business arrivals. Big cities host big businesses, big conferences, and big fairs. Business travel is a vital part of the travel market in cities. Working habits are changing. More and more people work remotely; they work on weekends and during holidays, many saying they take time to play when on business trips.
Characteristics of target market
We intend to facilitate a smarter, richer experience for bleisure travellers, widening their business and personal circles and turning down time into good time: finding the right restaurant/hotel, new things to see and do, and meeting other guests staying at the same hotel. Travellers have limited time to investigate what a city has to offer. Targeted information via mobile phone specifically designed to inspire, inform, and guide in a highly efficient manner: that's Mesmo's goal.
Our beta users have shown us that people are looking for a good social experience coupled with great local content and services. By combining our solution with hotel partners we intend to revolutionise the whole hotel experience.
Our acquisition costs are expected to be very low, by partnering with hotels, both in terms of our B2B strategy and our end users.
We intend for hotels to be able to integrate Mesmo for free into their sites or on their booking confirmations, which we hope will allow Mesmo to be distributed to customers around the world at zero cost.
Although independent and chain hotels will be the major driver for acquiring new users, we also aim to gain users and hotels via a Comms Campaign. This campaign involves growth hacks, word-of-mouth and organic growth tactics.
Once we reach our critical mass, which we expect to happen by March 2017, we intend to roll out Mesmo to most cities in the EU, US and Asia.
We aim to optimise our marketing strategy to include influencers and live events held at hotels in our main markets.
Although we feel that none have the same exact model as Mesmo, there are several apps which offer similar components, e.g. Tripadvisor, Foursquare, Swarm and LinkedIn; even Tinder and Badoo. Our aim is for Mesmo to share some of their best qualities, but to be more interactive, social, focussed, and offer a richer personal experience.
To stay ahead of the game, Mesmo intends to add new features such as gamification, user-generated local content, and interaction with local businesses to keep users engaged.
We have a strong relationship with our technology partner, Lisbon-based Bliss Applications, which we believe ensures that we can constantly raise our game and stay ahead of the competition.