A plant-based snacking and beverage company focused on nurturing healthier, more sustainable lifestyles.
- Six award winning plant-based brands sold in 40 countries
- Finalist FDF Emerging Business of the Year 2021
- £8.2m annualised run-rate based on H2 2021 revenue*
- Brands sold in Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons, Ocado and Waitrose
We are Nurture Brands and our purpose is to create more positive choices through food, business and beyond.
Nurture Brands is a plant-based, sustainable snacking and beverage business, based in London, UK. Founded by Ben Arbib in March 2019, Nurture Brands owns six awesome brands that are sold across 40 different countries as well as the UK's biggest retailers, with offices in London, New York & Hong Kong.
Our brands include Rebel Kitchen, Myracle Kitchen, The Primal Pantry, Ape, EMILY and recently acquired Jax Coco.
The brands offer healthier choices across savoury and sweet snacking, as well as indulgent, functional and refreshment beverage occasions. They meet the consumer need for healthier, more wholesome food and drink that is plant-based as well as tasting great, having won 13 Great Taste awards.
Finally, Nurture Brands is b-Corp certified, donating 1% of all revenue to charities aligned with environmental sustainability, is 100% carbon neutral and 63% of sales comes from certified organic products.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- In 2020, Nurture Brands was shortlisted with five other British companies for the Food & Drink Federation's (FDF) Emerging Business of the Year Award.
- EMILY Lockdown Outdoor Campaign features in Ad Age and Marketing Week as one of the top campaigns of 2020 alongside some of world's most famous brands. Shortlisted for the FDF's Campaign of the Year Award 2021.
- Coffee guru and World Champion Barista, James Hoffmann, launches Rebel Kitchen Barista Mylk 1L in January 2021; the first plant-based Mylk to work and taste just like milk in coffee. Great Taste Award Winner 2021.
- Nurture Brands certifies B-Corp across all five brands in March 2021.
- Launch Rebel Kitchen Banana Mylk Shake 250ml, made with real bananas, in April 2021. Great Taste Award Winner 2021.
- Nurture Brands launches EMILY Veg Thins, one of the UK's first HFSS compliant crisps in July 2021 in three flavours; Barbecue, Vegan Sour Cream & Sea Salt. Great Taste Award Winner 2021.
- Nurture Brands launches Myracle Kitchen Bytes & Barista Mylk into the USA, drumming up $1m annual sales run-rate in less than 6 months (annualised run-rate is based upon Q4 2021 revenue performance)*. Retail giant, Meijer has recently confirmed it will list Myracle Kitchen in Q1 2022.
- Myracle Kitchen Barista Mylk 1L wins 'Best Product' at the Atlanta Coffee Fest 2021.
- Nurture Brands exports to 40 countries, with brands listed in UK retailers Sainsburys, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons, COOP, H&B, WHSmiths and Ocado.
*Based on unaudited management accounts.
Nurture Brands creates bespoke recipes for innovative plant-based products and co-manufactures them with our network of suppliers. Our supply bases include China, Philippines, Sri Lanka, France, Italy, Canada and UK.
Once manufactured, Nurture Brands markets and sells the range of brands across three key business units: UK, North America and International. Within the UK, Nurture Brands sells to nearly all major UK grocery stores, national wholesalers, high street chains, foodservice providers and direct to consumer (D2C and Amazon).
In North America we sell into the same channels but are presently focused on New York and Los Angeles in USA and the Foodservice channel throughout Canada. Our final channel for our brands is through our network of distributors across 40 markets worldwide: with Asia being a major focus for us.
The acquisition of Jax Coco (based in Hong Kong) provides a superb platform and network of distributors to expand our brands throughout this region.
Use of proceeds
Nurture Brands is raising a minimum of £2.5m to be deployed against working capital, additional marketing and growing our team.
-Working Capital 60%: To be held in reserves to fund our business growth to our breakeven point, expected to be by the end of 2023, where we aim to be cash generative. Working capital will be deployed mainly to purchase stock and materials.
- Marketing 20%: Increased spending on building our Myracle Kitchen brand in North America with a focus on specialist coffee events, online influencer marketing and innovation tailored to the tastes of the market. Our vision is to build Myracle Kitchen as our umbrella brand across the USA and launch our portfolio of products under Myracle Kitchen over the coming years.
- Team 20%: Increased investment into the US sales team to focus on specialist sectors; retail, coffee wholesale and eCommerce.
A portion of the investment reflected in this campaign was received by the Company in the 3 months prior to the launch of the investment round on Seedrs and the Company has started putting this to use. The investment was made on the same terms as this round.
£250,000 of direct investment reflected in the campaign is from a cash investment by the Founder of Jax Coco. This investment is separate from the equity issued in consideration for the recent acquisition which has been factored into the pre-money valuation.
The company currently has 2 classes of shares, A Ordinary and B Ordinary. All investors in this round, including Seedrs investors, will be benefitting from A Ordinary shares.
The rights attached to the share classes are as follows:
A Ordinary shares:
- Full voting rights
B Ordinary shares
- No voting rights
- Used for employee options
Investors in this round are investing into and will become shareholders of Nurture Brands Limited.
The company has the following wholly owned subsidiaries:
1. Nurture Brands LLC: A US Subsidiary company.
2. Seraing (HK) Limited: Also know as Jax Coco.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Nurture Brands
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.