One Planet Pizza
Frozen plant-based pizza range to be sold in supermarkets, retailers & restaurants - UK & Worldwide
- International distribution with over 365 store network
- Launch with major UK retailer confirmed for Q1 '22
- Further international expansion in progress
- Collaborating with established Vegan brands
Learn more about convertible campaigns.
At One Planet Pizza – we have a giant plan. To save our planet, one slice at a time with our epic tasting plant-based frozen pizza.
We are a family founded brand, established in 2016 in Norwich, UK. It all started in the home of father and son founders, Mike & Joe Hill, and quickly became a successful local business.
Our pizzas are stocked in hundreds of outlets, in over a dozen countries. Our UK presence is strong, we sell directly through ecommerce and export has become a core part our business.
We are ramping up production ahead of a major retailer listing starting at the end of March 2022 and are in discussion with the other UK supermarkets to support increasing their plant-based range.
Having perfected our range and expanded across markets and channels, we believe we will have all the tools to be the number one frozen vegan pizza brand on the planet in the next 3 years.
This is our 2nd round through Seedrs, and we've made great progress so far thanks to your support.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- We have strong strategic relationships with well established brands in the plant-based space. We top our core range with meat alternatives such as This isn’t bacon lardons & Jack & Bry Pepperoni and work with other global brands such as Violife and VFC to create exclusive limited-edition pizzas – with our most recent ‘pizza pockets’ selling out online in 24 hours.
- We’ve perfected our range – The perfect base, topped with our family recipe sauce and we have been taste and customer testing the best toppings. Our core range now mirrors the UK’s favourite pizza toppings – making it easier to make the switch to plant-based without compromising taste. Our range is HFSS compliant for the regulations expected in 2022, lower in fat and still has loads of amazing melty cheeze.
- We top up our range with other popular pizzas such as Mac n’ Cheeze & Cheezeburger, and have a range of gluten free options – these are sold through our successful website and shipped across the UK using Carbon Neutral deliveries.
- Working with My Emissions, our products have been awarded Carbon Ratings which will be displayed on our packaging. Three of our core range are rated A – and one, our three cheeze is rated B. Looking at our pizza overall, they have a 47% lower carbon footprint than meat & dairy topped alternatives. Our work will be continuing with the experts at My Emissions throughout this year to map out how we become climate neutral as our business scales.
- And we have a passionate team in place!
UK retail: Following a February launch in one of the UK’s largest speedy grocers, Getir, we will turn our attention in March to a launch in a major UK retailer. All four of our core products will be ranged in store and feature on gondola end as part of a new brand proposition. The launch will be supported with a full marketing campaign above & below the line.
International: Launching soon in Australasia & the Middle East (in final discussions). Discussions underway in Spain, Dubai, Saudi Arabia & Germany. Next stop – We're targeting launching in America & UAE.
Food service: We see B2B and food service offering countless opportunities for us as plant-based menu items are increasing. We are now exploring this with our new partner, Upfield and their Violife brand.
NPD online: As our channel focus becomes ‘in-store’, our ecommerce site will become destination for NPD and our loyal customer base who subscribe to our pizza club. We plan to explore new pizza collaborations and test new products such as doughballs, pizza pockets and garlic bread pizza.
Use of proceeds
We are raising up to £500k in this campaign and the proceeds will be used to strengthen our sales and marketing activities, and to grow our business during 2022.
At the end of April we intend to run a Series A investment rase which would increase the activities further. All the details are shared in the supporting deck including how we will use this round of funding, and what happens next.
The funds will be used to:
· Support new confirmed listings in major UK supermarkets such as Asda, as well as growing online speedy grocers such as Getir.
· Launch of our pizzas into new export territories such as France, Australia and Scandinavia, as well as marketing to support these launches.
· Continue to test and develop new products such as the UK’s first Pizza Pockets in conjunction with one of Europe’s leading vegan cheeze brands; Violife.
· Appoint 2 new strategic personnel in Sales/Marketing.
· Invest in production equipment for our Norfolk production facility prior to our planned switch to co-manufacturing.
This investment round is being raised by way of a convertible equity investment structure, in this case an "advanced subscription agreement".
The key terms that apply to the Company’s advanced subscription agreement are set out below. See also attached Key Terms document for further details.
Conversion is triggered by ("Trigger Events"):
- An Equity Fundraise – defined as the Company raising investment capital of at least £1,500,000 from one transaction or a series of transactions, in exchange for the company issuing equity shares;
- A Change of Control of the company (transfer of more than 50% of the share capital); or
- An IPO – being a listing of the company’s shares on a recognised stock market or secondary market.
On the occurrence of a Trigger Event, your investment will convert at the lower of:
- A 20% discount to the valuation set by a Trigger Event. Please note, there is no valuation cap to this convertible.
Longstop Date is 6 months from the date of the advance subscription agreement. If conversion has not been triggered by the Longstop Date shares will be issued on the longstop date at the Default Share Price, which is the lower of:
- The lowest price of any shares issued after the date of this Agreement; and
- a price per share based on a pre-money company valuation of £3,500,000 on a fully diluted basis.
The convertible would also convert to equity at the Default Share Price in the event of winding up or liquidation of the company.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £50,000 bounce back loan from Santander at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid by May 2026.
2. £50,000 Non-interest bearing Director’s loan with no fixed repayment date.
3. £50,000 Non-interest bearing loan from Veg Capital with no fixed repayment date.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of One Planet Pizza
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.