Perfect World makes delicious, healthy vitamin fortified plant based ice cream with no added sugars.
- Store expansion in Jumbo Supermarkets, Netherlands, March 2020
- Launch vitamin and mineral enriched plant based recipes 2018
- 5 flavour launch in Ocado, First export to Jumbo Supermarket 2018
- First Stevia sweetened ice cream to launch in the UK in 2014
Our mission is to make ice creams that are not just less bad for you, but that are proactively good for you. We expect the trend towards healthier eating, growing in recent years, to accelerate rapidly now, as people focus more intensely on their well-being than ever before.
We are happy to announce a significant increase in our Jumbo Supermarket listing (Netherlands) to 228 stores, with immediate effect. Jumbo have listed three flavours in the main ice cream aisle as we plan to grow other sales channels to accelerate further growth.
This round will allow us to immediately increase stock levels for the expansion, boost marketing and drive sales, as well as drive product and brand development through 2020 and beyond.
We work to stay at the forefront of healthy dessert development, offering consumers a choice of products that deliver numerous proactive health benefits in a wide range of delicious flavours and formats. Our range is plant based, has no added sugars, is high in 12 vitamins and minerals, high in fibre, and has a long list of legal health claims.
In 2018 we launched, what we believe is, the first vitamin fortified ice cream range in the world. We are a Trading Standards Primary Authority member, so all of our health claims are legally substantiated. PW products are also certified Kosher Parev.
As food trends more towards healthier, cleaner eating, our products are well placed to lead the way. In this turbulent time the need for healthy food is more important than ever before. A convergence of food trends and unfortunate current events leaves us uniquely placed to help fill consumer's freezers with a healthy and delicious treat.
Substantial accomplishments to date
· Launch of 100% plant-based, vitamin and mineral enriched range.
· Ocado lists 5 flavours
· First export market Jumbo Supermarket, The Netherlands, lists three flavours.
· Best of Awards Health Winner, Nourish Awards Winner
· National press coverage, including Daily Mail (winner in their healthy ice cream round up of 9 brands, with 9/10), The Sunday Times.
· Increase in stores numbers in March 2020 to 239 stores, a 225% increase on the last store list they supplied us in 2019, showing 108 stores.
· New Ocado buyer delivers high value media plan at a fraction of cost (value according to Ocado of around £120k) for growth through increased customer base penetration.
· Developed relationships for engagement of new, focused teams, experienced in health and plant-based products, for sales, press and PR.
· NDA signed with USA factory for testing.
· UK factory found and trial fees agreed for impulse handheld product development and production.
· Contract signed, April 2020, for Nordic sales and distribution with Kale United.
· Discussion ongoing for engagement of USA sales activation teams.
· 2020 Store expansion w/c 23 March 2020 into 239 stores. New store estate is being targeted at urban and affluent areas.
· Goal to build strong sales to help deliver further store expansion (potential for up to 600 stores) and range extension for 2021
· Agreed new media plan with new buyer with a goal of significant growth utilising prominent keywords and product category banner placements
· Planned deployment of Ocado digital couponing campaigns targeting of up to 300k customers at a time.
UK - Contracted PB & Co sales and brand development team - - They have recently achieved listings in Zizi and Papa Johns with other partnered brands. Lead contact is Lucy Wager, founder of Pudology food brand, who achieved listings in ASDA, Sainsburys, Brakes.
NL - Greenseed Netherlands manage NL contacts and continues sales drives
Other territories - Discussion ongoing for engagement of Nordic and USA sales activation teams.
Use of proceeds
· Rapidly build stock levels.
· Engage press and social media teams. UK and NL. Emma Cantrill, press officer for Heck, started in March, as did PB&Co.
· Drive Jumbo NL and Ocado growth through 2020.
· Focus widespread, locally targeted social media targeting in UK and NL.
· Rebrand/repackage for late summer with increase vitamin levels and health focused messaging.
· Bring new handheld impulse range though to factory trial to production. A delicious health product suitable for local shops as well as hospitals, schools and care homes.
· Introduce new flavours, which have already gone through factory scaling and sample production.
· Develop region specific flavours (specifically, for The Netherlands and Nordic countries).
· Add further Ocado customer couponing campaigns.
· Attend key food shows to build sales channels late 2020, early 2021
· Progress our EU and USA distribution and production opportunities.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Perfect World
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.