Using technology to make dry cleaning accessible 24/7 in convenient locations; slashing costs.
- Staff free 'shop' for dry cleaning & laundry. 2 fully operational
- Operating costs 85% less than a shop
- We estimate the UK market to be worth £250m and to be ripe for disruption. Stagnating competition.
- Fundraising to step change the business and grow market share
At Peters’ Cleaners, we’re on a mission to deliver dry cleaning for how we live now. No queues, no outdated opening hours, no high prices for low quality; just great service and convenience.
We’re marrying nearly 60 years’ cleaning experience with modern technology to remove the limitations of traditional shops, by rolling out our 24/7 fully automated pods - staff-free 'shops’ designed for quickly and easily dropping off dirty clothes, and collecting clean ones.
We plan to place our pods in high footfall locations that our customers visit regularly; commuter train stations, business parks, supermarket car parks… Customers simply scan to drop off and scan to collect at any time on any day.
It’s quicker and more convenient for customers and costs 85% less than a shop to operate. A WIN WIN!!
We have a passion for customer service, extensive cleaning experience and are poised to revolutionise the industry. So join us on our mission to get the country to ‘Drop Their Trousers’.
Substantial accomplishments to date
1. Recognised shops can be restrictive and expensive so developed a new route to market - our 24/7 fully automated pods.
2. Pods have been designed, built and two are operational.
3. Pods use proven technology used daily in 5 & 6 star hotels.
4. Exclusive license on the pod technology for 5 years, and a patent pending for the pod.
5. Secured contracts with LNER and British Land.
6. Equipped and staffed cleaning hub can clean over 70k items/annum and be quickly scaled to clean over 100k.
7. Won 8 awards in 4 years including Best Dry Cleaner 2020 and 2021.
8. 99.9% customer satisfaction rating.
9. Our business model has been approved for franchising.
10. Had initial meetings regarding expansion to the US when ready.
We have a cost plus pricing model in line with market rates. Our standard turnaround is 2-working days but we deliver the same day or next day for an upcharge.
Customers register their credit cards with us and payment is taken before items are cleaned ensuring good cashflow and no bad debt issues.
We have an established cleaning hub that has the potential to service 9 pods, with 1 shop for larger items creating a hub and spoke model that can easily be replicated.
Our plan is to expand quickly by using a blend of organic growth and franchising, placing pods in commuter train stations, business parks, supermarket car parks... places our busy customers visit regularly.
We will use a mix of above and below the line marketing, PR, Geo Targeted campaigns and our CRM to educate the market and expand our customers base. Here's a look at our latest advert:
Use of proceeds
Our pods are developed, our cleaning hub operational and we have over 7,000 customers that are happy with our pricing and cleaning. We are ready to grow!
The funds raised in this round will primarily be used for marketing, equipment, working capital, growing our team and preparing to franchise.
1. Marketing - £135k for web improvement, geo targeted marketing both above and below the line & PR
2. Equipment - £80k to purchase/ install further pods and expand our current cleaning hub
3. Franchising - £45k to prepare for franchising and get first franchisee on board
4. Management - £55k to expand the team
5. Working Capital - £85k
IP for pods
Please note that the technology for the Pods (the conveyer and the relevant software for operation) is licensed off a third party, and therefore this third party holds the IP. The company has an exclusive license agreement for a period of 5 years until July 2026.
The company has the following outstanding debt:
1. An overdraft facility of £45,000. At the point that this campaign went live, the company has used £31,694 of this overdraft. The utilisation of the overdraft fluctuates according to cashflow needs.
2. Deferred VAT of £19,547 to be repaid from cashflow.
3. A bounce-back loan of £50,000 with a 2.5% interest rate. This is to be repaid over 59 monthly instalments starting in May 2021.
None of the funds raised will be used to repay these debts.
The investee company was previously known as Wolery Consulting Limited (09952953). This company purchased the assets and IP from a company called Peters Cleaners Limited (00895883) in June 2016, from unrelated parties. The company has since dissolved and Wolery Consulting Limited has been renamed as Peters Cleaners Ltd.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Peters' Cleaners
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.