UK digital broadcast radio station showcasing podcasts 24/7 with ambitions to grow globally.
- Ofcom-licensed radio station which launched in the UK, Feb 2020
- Currently broadcasting in London, Surrey, Manchester and Glasgow
- Revenue growing through ads, sponsorship, production partnerships
- SEIS eligible with £150,000 of our allocation left
Podcast Radio marries broadcasting and podcasting.
Radio in the UK continues to be highly popular with 9 out of 10 people
listening for an average of more than 20 hours each week.
Commercial radio generally is enjoying its largest ever audience of more
than 36 million people.
There has also been significant growth in the global appetite for podcasts with
predictions that podcasting could be a $3.3 billion industry by 2025.
However, there is a key challenge – podcast discoverability.
With more than a million podcast series and 30 million episodes, many consumers are overwhelmed and bewildered with choice. It’s called “variety fatigue”.
Podcasters are also fighting to raise awareness of their content.
Podcast Radio was created to help solve these problems by showcasing, playing and discussing podcasts 24/7.
As listeners sample and discover, Podcast Radio becomes the ‘trusted guide’ to quality content using a medium that listeners love – radio.
Radio is free, easy to use and a familiar place to discover new content.
Podcast Radio is being monetised using a variety of revenue streams.
● Advertising and Sponsorships – The traditional way commercial radio
stations earn revenue through the sale of ‘spot’ ads (30 or 40 second
commercials) from £10 a spot to the sponsorship of a series of podcasts
or part of the day’s output.
● Content Partnerships – Podcasters and production companies pay us to
showcase, play and promote their podcasts on air and online from £500
● Production of Customised Content – We will produce and play customised
branded podcasts from £5,000 per series
● Subscription Service – A premium monthly subscription service within
two years which will offer personalised content for subscribers