UK digital broadcast radio station showcasing podcasts 24/7 with ambitions to grow globally.
- Ofcom-licensed radio station which launched in the UK, Feb 2020
- Currently broadcasting in London, Surrey, Manchester and Glasgow
- Revenue growing through ads, sponsorship, production partnerships
- SEIS eligible with £150,000 of our allocation left
Podcast Radio marries broadcasting and podcasting.
Radio in the UK continues to be highly popular with 9 out of 10 people
listening for an average of more than 20 hours each week.
Commercial radio generally is enjoying its largest ever audience of more
than 36 million people.
There has also been significant growth in the global appetite for podcasts with
predictions that podcasting could be a $3.3 billion industry by 2025.
However, there is a key challenge – podcast discoverability.
With more than a million podcast series and 30 million episodes, many consumers are overwhelmed and bewildered with choice. It’s called “variety fatigue”.
Podcasters are also fighting to raise awareness of their content.
Podcast Radio was created to help solve these problems by showcasing, playing and discussing podcasts 24/7.
As listeners sample and discover, Podcast Radio becomes the ‘trusted guide’ to quality content using a medium that listeners love – radio.
Radio is free, easy to use and a familiar place to discover new content.
Substantial accomplishments to date
● Broadcast Licence Granted - Podcast Radio obtained its DSPS (Digital
Sound Programme Service) licence from UK broadcast regulator Ofcom
● London Launch - The station started broadcasting on DAB+ radio to
London and Surrey in February 2020.
● UK Expansion - Podcast Radio was extended to DAB+ radio in
Manchester and Glasgow in June 2020
● International Industry Profile - Our launch was the front-page lead story
in the International edition of Radio World magazine and we continue to receive substantial ongoing coverage in other radio industry publications, especially in the USA
● Platform Expansion - Podcast Radio has created its own app available on
Apple or Android devices. We can also be heard via Alexa smart speakers
and via the website www.thepodcastradio.co.uk and on the UK
Radioplayer app alongside most other BBC and commercial stations.
● Recruit Star US Talent - We recruited US radio DJ Gene Baxter (30 years
co-presenting the morning show on KROQ Radio in Los Angeles) as our
star ‘Podjock’ presenter and interviewer
● International Content Partnerships - Successful content partnerships
have been established with Radio New Zealand, Lionsgate/Cameo
Productions in the UK as well as Clear+Vivid and Evergreen Podcasts in
● US Investor Support - Evergreen Podcasts, based in Ohio, is the anchor
investor for this fundraising round.
Podcast Radio is being monetised using a variety of revenue streams.
● Advertising and Sponsorships – The traditional way commercial radio
stations earn revenue through the sale of ‘spot’ ads (30 or 40 second
commercials) from £10 a spot to the sponsorship of a series of podcasts
or part of the day’s output.
● Content Partnerships – Podcasters and production companies pay us to
showcase, play and promote their podcasts on air and online from £500
● Production of Customised Content – We will produce and play customised
branded podcasts from £5,000 per series
● Subscription Service – A premium monthly subscription service within
two years which will offer personalised content for subscribers
Use of proceeds
● Secure digital radio broadcast transmission in 5 more UK cities by the end of 2020. Among areas we are considering: Birmingham, Liverpool, Bristol, Cardiff, Portsmouth (15%)
● Partner with applicants for new digital radio transmitters in Edinburgh,
Leeds, Newcastle and other areas to secure carriage for Podcast Radio
during 2021 (15%)
● Create a PR-led UK marketing campaign supported by social media to
raise consumer awareness of Podcast Radio and build audience growth
as we grow city by city (15%)
● Recruit up to 3 new presentation and production staff members to
enable on air and online growth, as well as a full-time sales executive and
part-time finance manager (25%)
● Develop our on-air content and style (10%)
● Develop website and app and begin developing technology to support a subscription service (10%)
● Continue to build new business partnerships to drive the international
expansion of Podcast Radio via FM/AM radio and digital platforms in the
US, Canada and Australia (10%)
The company has reflected an amount of $100,000 (£75,959.85) into the campaign. The actual exchange rate of this investment will be updated on closing of the campaign when funds are transferred.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
£10,000 bounce back loan from the British Business Bank. The loan is interest free until June 2021 and thereafter an interest rate of 2.5% per annum shall apply. The loan is to be repaid in 2026.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Podcast Radio
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.