Worth Capital presents The Big App Fund powered by Facebook.
- Weybridge, United Kingdom
After the success of our Foundation Fund earlier this year, Worth is launching a new App fund in partnership with Facebook. Our new fund will invest in three businesses which come top in a pan-European business competition, The Big App 2014. The £350k fund will be called The Big App Fund I.
The competition aims to discover Europe's best App Entrepreneurs. Facebook is supporting the competition with a major, pan-European advertising campaign for six weeks, in tandem with a big PR push to national and international media.
It is anticipated that significant numbers of app businesses and developers will enter, and the best 50 will go to the Big App Pitch Day at Facebook HQ on 27th October 2014. From there we will choose the best 10, who will enter a final judging event in London on 17th November 2014. To help us, we have assembled a stellar judging panel from the App and investment world, which so far includes:
- Jeff Lynn, Co-Founder of Seedrs
- Ted Nash, Co-Founder of Tapdaq
- Aman Ghei, Strategic Partner EMEA, Facebook and ex-Board Advisor / Investor at Supercell
- Adam Harrison, Head of Partner Marketing EMEA, Facebook
- Alex Johns, Partner, Worth Capital
- Paul Ephremsen, Partner, Worth Capital
The result of the judging will be one winner and two runners up. The winner will receive £150k and the runners-up £100k each, for stakes to be determined at the time of the investment. Each winning business will also receive a significant package of support from Facebook and Worth. In the event that we overfund, we will either choose one or two more runners-up or increase the funding in the original three businesses.
Please note: the top 20 Seedrs investors will be invited to the Pitch Day, and three Seedrs investors (the top two investors plus one drawn at random) will receive VIP passes to Finals Day at Facebook HQ.
This is a ground breaking moment for us as Facebook's support takes this to the next level and presents you as investors with an unprecedented opportunity to invest in the very best app businesses in Europe.
We strongly believe that our first Big App Fund will have a significant chance of success for the following reasons:
- The investments will be chosen by a group of well-known entrepreneurs with huge success under their belts.
- The search for the final shortlist will come via a European-wide (plus Israel) search with unprecedented media coverage.
- The companies will receive focused business mentoring from a group of experts - which will turbo charge their path to success.
- The three winning companies will receive significant support and coverage from Facebook, which will help put their businesses in front of the public and their potential customers.