Premier Punt is a fantasy football social gaming website and app. Users can play to win real money.
|Aberdeen, United Kingdom
|Games Digital Mixed B2B/B2C
|21 Nov 2013
Premier Punt provides fantasy football enthusiasts with a platform to come together and play daily fantasy football games against one another for real cash.
In return we take an admin fee of the money staked.
Check out our explainer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFt4c4DeUF0
Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) is at an early stage here in the UK and Premier Punt is one of the first of its kind.
We released our app in August 2016. It is one of the first of its type, offering what we think is a brand new way of playing fantasy football and engaging fans.
We were the no.1 searched app in the UK App Store a number of times, generating over 16,500 downloads!
Our fan engagement strategy is what differentiates us from the competition!
We have an Official Partnership with Premier League club Southampton FC that gives us huge worldwide exposure.
We bridge the gap between people who like fantasy football and people who bet on sports.
There is already a huge appetite for Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) betting in the US and Canada. However, DFS is in its infancy in the UK and Europe, and that's where we come in.
Our single game format is different from the traditional DFS one in the US and Canada where 11 players are selected from 20 teams, meaning there are huge amounts of players to choose from.
With our format you only choose 6 players from any single game, therefore, there are only 22 players to choose from. This means we can fit it all into a bite-sized app and the user can choose a line up in seconds.
Check out our explainer video:
Substantial accomplishments to date
- We are the official partner of Southampton FC. We have advertising around the pitch, on the big screens and on the backdrop when players are getting interviewed (check us out on Match of the Day).
- We have had 16,500 downloads and over 15,800 sign ups since the start of the season in mid-August 2016.
- We have been the No. 1 searched app in the UK App Store!
- We have a full UK Gambling License suitable for fantasy sports.
- Over 90% of our app reviews are currently 5 out of 5.
- We believe we have a unique product that none of our competitors have.
- Shortlisted for Best Fantasy Sports Product at SBC Awards 2016.
- We have had a number of press releases:
Our business model is simple: we take a cut on any bet placed on our site, which is similar to the on-line poker business model.
The more people playing the games, the more commission we make.
We have a full UK Gambling License suitable for fantasy sports that permits us to let users play against each other to win money.
Use of proceeds
The main areas of investment will be:
- Product development (app & website)
- Salary (modest)
- Offices (modest)
- Other regions / sports
- Continuous improvement on the App
- Full site upgrade in the off season
- Additional leagues / sports
We have what we believe to be a ground-breaking app that went live on the App Store (Apple) and for Android devices in August 2016 for the start of the Premier League season. We are continually looking to improve the app as we figure out what works well and which areas can be improved.
The app focuses on the single game format and live in-play checking of all of your Premier Punt teams.
We believe our competitors have failed in the past to bring a noteworthy app to market because there is simply too much information to squeeze onto a small screen. When choosing a team for the Weekly Game format there are hundreds of players to choose from, with multiple statistics to show, not to mention a visual of the players you have already chosen.
Our target market are:
* Aged 18 - 50
* Sports fans
* Like fantasy football
Characteristics of target market
- There are over 4,000,000 users playing the Official Fantasy Sports Platform this season.
- The market for global fantasy sports is currently estimated to be $40 - $70 Billion / year.
- Market analysts predict that this will grow year on year by over 10% until year 2020.
- This growth can be seen in the following graphs.
- The average user spend on Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) is over £250 / year.
- But we are also targeting people who use mobile apps to gamble. We intend to apply for a Sportsbook license, which would allow us to take bets on non-fantasy sporting events: i.e. for Chelsea to beat Liverpool, or for Sturridge to score the first goal.
We believe we have a very powerful marketing strategy. A large UK gambling marketing company invested in Premier Punt in the last round of investment, which has been a game changer for the business.
The marketing company have delivered 16,500 downloads and over 15,800 downloads since launch.These have converted into paying customers with weekly cumulative deposits exceeding £10,000. They have huge reach in the social realm.
We are also the Official Partner of Southampton FC. Part of this deal involves them promoting Premier Punt on all of their outlets including:
- Advertising around the pitch.
- Advertising on the big screens in the stadium.
- Advertising on media back drop when players and managers are being interviewed.
- Saints FC Twitter Page.
- Saints FC Facebook Page.
We are also intending to roll out a network marketing campaign focused on raising funds for local sports clubs in the near future.
Our two main competitors are Draft Kings and Fan Duel.
Both have made their way over to the UK this season from North America, but despite their large estimated marketing spend dwarfing ours, Premier Punt has still seen good download numbers.
A few things that make us stand out are:
1) We believe our product is unique - to our knowledge, we are the only ones who have the single game on the app format.
2) Our app has enjoyed great success in its first season, with over 16,500 sign ups and good reviews from our customers.
3) We're British-made. We don't have Draft or Duel in our name, nor do we use terms like "salary cap" or "offense". Those terms are offensive to us.
4) We believe our plans to provide sportsbook in the future will leave us with few competitors as we'll have unique challenges and competitions.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Premier Punt
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.