Really Local Group
We create vibrant high street community spaces that promote local culture, arts and area regeneration.
- We have a pipeline of 6 sites across London & SE England
- 1st site, Catford Mews, successfully launched in 2019
- Investment conditional upon Future Fund funding - see Key Info
- Business has raised £1.25 million from 3rd party investors
Learn more about convertible loan campaigns.
MORE THAN JUST A CINEMA
Really Local Group creates and restores cinema led cultural infrastructure through the regeneration and renewal of the UK’s high streets. We deliver high quality community and cultural hubs, acccessible to all residents.
Each of our bespoke venues provides a mixture of:
• a 3-4 screen cinema with community spaces
• a vibrant live music & comedy programme
• coffee shop and roastery
• bar with a wide range and locally sourced offering
• ‘pop up’ stalls for local traders
Our vision focuses on:
• Localism: Each of our venues is uniquely designed to reflect its locality and we recruit from the communities we are serving. We are proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
• Accessibility: Our average ticket price is between £5 and £8 for cinema. We control our programming, allowing a local focus at each venue.
• Creativity: In each of our venues artists and entrepreneurs can work, create and reach out to the community through affordable performance, art and learning.
Our business has 8 diverse revenue streams, providing a resilience not seen in a traditional cinema.
• Ticket revenue: Average ticket price is c. £6.57 and our occupancy for year 1 was over 20%
• Special events: Spaces can be rented by the hour for special events. To date, we have had a wide range of events, from late night birthday parties to planned weddings!
• Pre-show advertising: We have a deal with Pearl & Dean where we earn c. £8/quarter from pre-cinema advertising
• Memberships: A range of memberships, from student (£20) to family (£50). We had sold in excess of 1,250 before COVID
• Food & drink (non-coffee): We stock a range of local goods, from beer to snacks and everything in betwen (yes, popcorn too!)
• Compound Coffee: Our 'in house' coffee brand sells it's own blend as well as a range of other goodies
• Vendor concessions: We charge a turnover rent of 20% for each concession
• Consulting: Retainers to assist developers with their cultural strategies