Green energy ownership made simple. Part own a wind farm, have its electricity supplied to your home.
- The UK's first ever clean energy ownership platform
- Unlocking the $11TR global wind and solar market for consumers
- Partnership with Octopus Energy + Co-op Energy
- +£1m transactions on platform since launch in June 2020
People want to act on climate change. We help them achieve it.
Ripple's clean energy ownership platform enables households and businesses to part own new wind farms and solar parks and have the green, low cost electricity they generate, supplied to their home or business premises via the grid.
Your green electricity. From your wind farm. To your home.
We launched the first, pilot wind farm on our platform in summer 2020. This will be the UK's first wind farm to be owned by the consumers it supplies. We are proud to partner with Octopus Energy and Coop Energy for the pilot.
We estimate our customers will save around 25% on their electricity bill over the 25 year lifetime of the wind farm, for an upfront cost that's roughly 65% cheaper than rooftop solar.
So far the platform has handled over £1m of transactions from more than 500 customers.
We are now looking to expand into the B2B market.
This round will convert our Future Fund round earlier in the year into equity.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Ripple has been gathering considerable momentum over the last 18 months, including:
- Launched UK's first-ever clean energy ownership platform in June 2020
- £1m+ transactions on platform to date
- 500+ customers, average spend £2000
- Supply partnership with Octopus Energy and Coop Energy
- First of a kind co-operative structure approved by the UK Financial Conduct Authority in 2019
- 1300+ unique Seedrs investors (who we owe everything to!)
- Articles in the Times, CNBC, Independent, Business Green, This Is Money
- Voted Startup of the Year 2019 by Seedrs investors and Business Green Technology Awards
- Selected from 850+ startups to take part in Free Electrons 2020
PROVEN CUSTOMER APPETITE
- 5300+ pre-registered customers
- In discussions with 5 additional energy suppliers
- Second wind farm project secured, planning to launch summer 2021
- MOU in place with an offshore wind farm developer
- Exploring Ripple as an employee benefit offer with a leading employee benefits provider as well as engaging with employers direct
- Potential partnership opportunities with an environmental consultancy, engineering consultancy and community energy organisation
- Exploring expansion into Ireland and Australia with ESB, Ireland's largest utility and Origin, Australia's largest utility and one other Australian utility
- In discussions with investors and lenders about filling the rest of the pilot wind farm so construction can commence
Ripple has four primary revenue streams:
1. Arrangement fee paid by customers
2. Management fee paid by the ownership co-op
3. Acquisition fee paid by supply partners for new customers we secure for them
4. Partner commissions from products sold via our platform and clients introduced
In the early years the arrangement fee is the most important source of revenue for Ripple. Over a customer's lifetime we expect the other revenue streams become far more significant.
We intend to secure customers through 5 primary routes:
1. Ripple led digital marketing
2. Supply partner marketing to existing customer base
3. Strong affiliate marketing (eg Fully Charged YouTube channel)
4. Via employer loans
5. B2B customers via direct marketing and 3rd party affiliate partnerships (eg revenue sharing with zero carbon consultancies)
Our marketing uses shortcuts to trust wherever possible to minimise cost per acquisition
Use of proceeds
40% Marketing + developing new offers
We will market our second project to households and business customers, as well as develop new ways to package Ripple, for example via an employee loan.
40% Projects + business overheads
We will undertake due diligence to get our second project ready to launch on the platform. This also includes management of the pilot project.
10% Non-UK projects
We will explore opportunities in Ireland and Australia. This takes our team's time engaging with regulators and governments. It also includes the cost of market research and any legal work needed to fit with local regulations, as well as the cost of setting up a co-operative.
10% Website + app development
Our tech team will develop Ripple's app in house so it is ready when the pilot wind farm begins operation. We will also make improvements to the website.
The use of proceeds across the various work areas includes Ripple's employment costs and other overheads. These are not reported separately.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Ripple
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.