Rubies in the Rubble
We make award winning condiments from surplus ingredients, that would otherwise have gone to waste.
- London, United Kingdom
Categories: Food & Beverage Mixed Digital/Non-Digital Mixed B2B/B2C
- Social Media
- Company number
- Incorporation date
- 1 Feb 2012
- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
Hi, we’re Rubies in the Rubble – an independent business with a passion for sustainability.
Did you know that a third of food produced never reaches our plates?
We are on a mission to change this.
We sell a range of condiments packed with delicious ingredients that would otherwise go to waste, often simply for being the wrong shape, size or colour.
Having spent the last 5 years building a trusted brand and growing our distribution of relish and chutney to Waitrose, Ocado, Virgin, EAT, Marriott and many others, we estimate we've saved a whopping 7 million pieces of fruit & veg from going to waste! But this barely scratches the surface of the problem as millions of tonnes of food are wasted each year, and with the condiment market size of over £1 billion, the commercial appetite is huge.
We want to utilise our existing brand platform to launch into the mainstream condiments market as the sustainable alternative with a classic ketchup & plant-based mayo.
We've worked tirelessly to create a tomato ketchup & mayo that can take on the big players whilst having a positive impact to our planet.
We've had an incredible start to the year launching these products, the reception to the ketchup and mayo has been overwhelming! We have just signed up to supply Sainsburys, Marriott Group, Honest Burger, Mac & Wild, Foxlow, Hippo Inns, Origins Coffee and many more in our pipeline as we start to push the products and expand our distribution partners.
We're also mid a rebrand with Pearlfisher to solidify our brand proposition as THE sustainable alternative in the condiment category.
The opportunity for growth is huge and we are in a strong position to make a real impact.
We have the brand, we have the product, we have the team. We now just need you to back us for growth.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Since day one, our primary focus has been on creating a brand that inspires people to value & celebrate food.
Today, we have a multi-channel distribution strategy focusing on:
- Major + Independent Retail
- Food Service (including restaurants, contract catering, cafes, pub groups)
Over the next 2-3 years we aim for growth to be generated from Major Retailers & Food Service through penetration of classic ketchup.
• Our existing range of relishes and ketchups continue to grow year on year as complimentary offerings to the new product launches.
• The growth in sales during 2019 is driven by listing new products with large supermarkets, and increasing sales of existing products to new ketchup and mayo customers.
• We plan to launch the ketchup into retail during the later half of 2019.
• Our aim is for ketchup to be 5% of the ketchup market by 2023. Other new products are also expected to be developed during this time.
*Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Use of proceeds
This is a super exciting time to get involved in Rubies in the Rubble and join the fight against food waste. We have established our brand, built an amazing team and developed excellent relationships with our suppliers and customers - all of which gives us a fantastic platform for growth.
The proceeds from this raise will be used to accelerate our sales and marketing reach through the following plans:
• Working capital and cash flow requirements during this phase of growth.
• Expanding our sales and marketing team.
• Investment into brand building through experiential marketing, including events, trade shows and pop-ups.
• Investment into New Product Development - new ranges, formats and expansion of existing lines.