We create spectacular handcrafted lip-smacking ice creams, vegan sorbets and iced delights
- Unique ice cream creations and flavours
- Featured in The Times, The Guardian, Vogue and on the BBC
- Strong and growing retail and corporate client base
- Global ice cream market is worth an estimated £44bn
Fancy a sumptuous Blackcurrant & Chandon Sorbet, Seville Orange Marmalade Ripple, or perhaps a Stilton & White Port Ice Cream? Ruby Violet can deliver.
Due to ever increasing demand, we've grown from a market stall in 2011, to two parlours and an accompanying vintage van and tricycle and trolley, almost doubling our revenue from 2016 - 2019*. Our creations are loved so much that we've even published a recipe book for our fans.
But we can't keep up with demand!
We're operating at full capacity in our kitchen, unable to meet the range and size of orders. By upgrading our equipment and workspace we'll be able to meet existing and future demand, and keep innovating. We'll also be able to start deliveries nationwide and through wholesale partnerships.
The ice cream industry is worth £1.4bn in the UK, and £44bn worldwide, growing at an estimated 4.5% growth per annum.
Join us as we shake up the world of ice cream!
Substantial accomplishments to date
· We've been consistently written about in national publications, including The Times, Telegraph, The Guardian, Time Out, Evening Standard, Vogue, Red magazine, Waitrose Magazine, Conde Nast Traveller, and we've also appeared on the BBC.
· Turnover increased 85% between 2016-2019.
· Since launching our Kings Cross parlour, sales in that location alone increased 135%.
· Our online sales surged 612% this calendar year vs last year as our loyal customers continued to purchase our products despite our parlours being shut for large portions of the year.
· 90% of our packaging is either recyclable or compostable, for the remaining 10% it's a work in progress.
· As well as our tubs of ice cream and sorbets, we create spectacular ice cream cakes, ice cream sandwiches and bombes.
· We boast an impressive corporate obtained organically and either directly or through our connections with agency partners
*based on unaudited management accounts.
With the successful soft launch of our own direct-to-consumer platform, delivering in London, we plan to grow this distribution channel significantly, putting the infrastructure in place to expand delivery nationwide, and then internationally.
With the increase in output and efficiency from our new kitchen and machinery we’ll expand distribution into the wholesale channel, focussing on supermarkets and travel companies. We’ve had to turn down business opportunities due to our capacity constraints, so we’re excited to continue sales development in this area, with a new hire leading our business development efforts in this space.
We’ve worked with many companies developing bespoke flavours and see this as an important sales channel going forward. We’ve collaborated with Gin Mare, creating gin ice cream & sorbet specific to their infused botanicals and have developed bespoke flavours companies including Moet & Chandon and McVities.
Use of proceeds
CapEx ~75% - We are moving into a new premises which will be kitted out with the most up to date and efficient ice cream equipment on the market . New machinery will allow us to produce up to 15x the amount of ice cream we currently produce, more than half the freeze time, increase potting from 50 pots per hour to 400 pots per hour, all while continuing to experiment with flavours and designs.
Marketing ~ 15% - To date we have invested very little in marketing. Our growth has come about almost entirely from word of mouth and features in publications. As we seek to increase sales, we will begin to implement a marketing budget to help us grow even further.
Key Hire ~10% - We intend on hiring a full-time head of sales & marketing to start, and in Y2 appoint other key hires across operations and sales
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. A Bounce Back loan of £50,000, interest-free for 12 months, and 2.5% thereafter. This is to be repaid over 60 monthly installments starting in May 2021.
2. A director loan of £200,000. This has 0% interest and is due to be repaid on either (i) an exit (ii) by Q1 2024 (iii) on a date decided at the board’s discretion based on the financial position of the company.
3. An overdraft facility of £25,000 with £5,000 currently drawdown
4. Shareholder loans totaling £10,000. These have 0% interest and are to be repaid by 2025.
None of the funds raised will be used to repay these loans"
Open an account to get access to the team members of Ruby Violet
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.