Salcombe Distilling Co.
We produce the internationally award winning Salcombe Gin and non-alcoholic New London Light spirits.
- Nationwide listings with Waitrose, Majestic Wine and John Lewis
- 'Start Point' awarded Platinum by the Beverage Tasting Institute
- Every 70cl and 75cl bottle sold makes our oceans healthier
- Gross turnover doubled in last two years to almost £5 million*
The taste of tomorrow starts today; at Salcombe Distilling Co., we’re on a mission to bring exceptional taste to the world.
Our business was born out of a desire to create world-class spirits and a genuine and long-standing passion for the sea and lifestyle on and around the water. With 'Salcombe Gin' and our non-alcoholic spirit 'New London Light', we aim to elevate above craft, go far beyond Salcombe and create an emotive connection with our consumers, enabling them to enjoy special moments of escape and luxury.
We're proud to have:
- Carved out a high gross margin position in the ultra-premium spirits market*
- Achieved 100% growth in the past 2 years despite the challenges of the pandemic*
- Built 1% for the Ocean partnerships with leading marine conservation charities
Our brands are positioned to be distinct from other spirits brands with positioning that is ambitious, adventurous and aspirational. We aim to transcend other ‘premium’ brands, as the luxury aspirational alternative.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Built one of the only distilleries in the world accessible by boat, in an beautiful coastal area with huge visitor footfall
- Carved out a position with an ultra-premium gin pricing strategy of >£40 a bottle, further complemented by being a leader in the hyper premium sector with our Voyager Series at £75 a bottle
- Launched Salcombe Gin and New London Light both in the UK and US (grown from 2 to 9 states since launch) as well as various other fast growing export markets
- Listings in over 1,000 stockists in the UK, including prestige venues such as Selfridges and Fortnum & Mason, alongside national listings at Waitrose and Majestic Wine
- Three Double Gold Medals at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and Gold at the World Gin Awards for Salcombe Gin. New London Light was described as exceptional being awarded gold at the Beverage Tasting Institute in the US and also awarded the People’s Choice Spirit Mindful Drinking Award
- Built powerful partnerships, with Virgin Atlantic where New London Light is the exclusive non-alcoholic spirit in their global Clubhouses, Princess Yachts where our brands are promoted alongside their luxury yachts at international boat shows, P&O Cruises with whom we launched the world's first distillery at sea, Exeter Chiefs rugby team & Crew Clothing
- An outstanding Gin School which is the #1 thing to do in Salcombe on TripAdvisor and booked all year round
- Gross revenues of almost £5m for FY21/22 and sales quickly approaching 200,000 bottles each year
We have four main rich revenue channels that are supported by our super-premium brand positioning for Salcombe Gin and New London Light;
1. UK Sales to wholesale, on & off-trade, 3rd party eCommerce and other corporate clients; c. 52% of revenues*
2. Direct sales to consumers (via our website, events and retail stores in Salcombe & Dartmouth); c. 26% of revenues*
3. Export and Duty-Free Sales; c. 12% of revenues*
4. Our award-winning Gin School, tasting experiences and waterside bar; c. 10% of revenues and supports our brand*
With this funding round, we intend to take advantage of the huge opportunity in the No & Low sector by capitalising on our recently extended New London Light range, both in the UK and selected export markets, by investing in promotion and sales. Alongside this, we plan to build on our luxury brand positioning of Salcombe Gin to further expand our UK Sales and leverage the excellent foundations created in the US with our distributors.
Some of our UK clients:
Use of proceeds
We intend to raise a minimum of £1m to help fund the next phase of our growth. The funds raised will be used in the following key areas:
Advertising and Promotion – 40%
Launch ambitious powerful advertising and promotional campaigns aiming to drive consumer pull through for both Salcombe Gin and New London Light
Sales and Operations Teams – 20%
Finance our enlarged sales team (and sales agency staff) to grow and support our clients alongside our internal production and operations teams supporting this growth
Product Development – 10%
Continue to develop the New London Light range of non-alcoholic products
Stock and Working Capital – 30%
Operating capital to support cashflow and stock requirements as we grow
In the event of overfunding, we plan to invest additional capital in sales & marketing to further accelerate growth.
The Company has 4 share classes in issue: A Ordinary, B Ordinary, C Ordinary and D Ordinary shares. All classes have equal income and capital rights. In terms of voting rights, B Ordinary and C Ordinary have full voting rights, whereas D Ordinary shares have no voting rights and A Ordinary shares are only entitled to vote in respect of resolutions concerning (i) winding up of the Company; or (ii) changes to the A Ordinary shares’ rights.
Seedrs investors will be getting beneficial ownership in [C] Ordinary shares as part of this round.
The Company has a £250k CBILS loan from Funding Circle at 5% to be repaid over 3 years, maturing in March 2025.
The Company also has a £250K overdraft facility which is not currently required. This facility currently has a debenture but the company aims to remove this at closure of this round.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these debts.
*Based on unaudited management accounts.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Salcombe Distilling Co.
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.