Sky Wave Gin
An exciting and internationally recognised brand, growing rapidly at the premium end of the gin market.
- Named World's Best Contemporary Gin 2020, 18 months after launch
- 39 international awards and accolades in 32 months
- Increased revenue by 339% in 3 years
- Revenue streams, including own brand, bespoke clients, & events.
Sky Wave Gin is about carpe diem, seizing the moment, adventure and exhilaration. It is an ultra-premium gin, for the epicurean spirits drinker.
Unable to find their perfect gin, founders Rachel Hicks and Andrew Parsons seized the moment and created their own, crafted to reflect the adventures they've had travelling through skies and over waves around the globe.
The result is a range of sublime gins which have won an incredible number of
international awards in just 4 short years. The first, Sky Wave Signature London Dry, was named The World’s Best Contemporary Gin at The World Gin Awards 2020. We also produce award-winning bespoke gins for premium clients such as Blenheim Palace.
The next stage on the Sky Wave Journey is to produce breath-catching bespoke
packaging to reflect the quality of the liquids inside and expand sales and marketing as part of an overall plan to grow the business.
We invite you to join us on our new venture and the enthralling opportunities it could bring.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• Oct 18: Sky Wave Gin founded and Signature London Dry Gin launched.
• Jan - Dec 19: A further 3 gins launched to grow the portfolio, Navy Strength, Raspberry and Rhubarb and Spiced Apple Gin Liqueur. Sky Wave Signature London Dry wins first global medal, a double gold at the China Wine and Spirit Awards.
• Feb 20: Sky Wave Signature London Dry Gin named The World's Best Contemporary Gin at the World Gin Awards.
•Apr - Jul 20: Sky Wave Navy Strength scoops first of two top awards (Master Award, above Gold) at the Global Spirits Masters, the subsequent in 2022.
• Jul - Nov 20: Two more gins launched, including a unique, limited edition industry-first cask aged gin and a new London Dry, Liberation, which wins Gold at the World Gin Awards 2022.
• Jan 21: Product demand and growth is such that Sky Wave Gin has to move into a brand new, larger, purpose built distillery at the iconic Bicester Heritage site.
•Feb 21: The book Craft Gin Making is published. Commissioned by Crowood Press, written by Andrew Parsons and Rachel Hicks. Sold in bookstores and online. A second print run was produced in 2022.
• May 21: Sky Wave Orange and Madagascan Vanilla Gin launched - one of the highest scoring orange gins in the world at the 2021 International Wine and Spirits Competition.
• Jun: 21: Sky Wave Gin's Master Distiller, Andew Parsons, shortlisted for Icons of Gin World's Best Master Distiller, World Gin Awards.
• Mar 22: National listing achieved with the Craft Drinks Company.
Sky Wave Gin has the following revenue streams:
• Own brand (Sky Wave Gin): a portfolio of 6 gins including 3 fruit gins; internationally recognised at the highest levels in global competitions. Currently 77% of revenue*. Further products, including no-alcohol, are in development.
• Own brand events, including distillery tours, gin tastings and bespoke events, promoting the Sky Wave brand in our new experience centre and bar. Other public-facing offerings are in development. This revenue stream has increased in monthly average revenues by 85% comparing last year with the first 5 months of 2022*.
• Bespoke gin creation; Sky Wave Gin creates and distils award-winning products for clients such as Blenheim Palace Gin, Birch Gin and Meadowcourt Gin. Critically, Sky Wave Gin retains the ownership of the recipes, locking in clients. This growing stream currently generates 20% of revenue*.
• White label gin production; we never rebrand Sky Wave Gin. However, we have a separate gin which we brand for lower volume clients. Currently 2.3% of revenue*.
*Revenue figures from unaudited management accounts.
Use of proceeds
Having won numerous international awards in under 4 years, we are confident that the liquid in Sky Wave Gin’s bottles is world-class. However, it is a truism that the first bottle is bought with the eyes, not by taste. Sky Wave Gin is winning hands down on taste – it now needs to win on aesthetics.
We therefore need world-class packaging to match the liquid in the bottles. We are fund raising to create and produce a bespoke bottle design as part of an overall plan to significantly invest and grow our sales and marketing divisions to ensure continued impressive growth.
Once funding is in place, we aim to have the best packaging in the world, fit for our world class liquid. Backed up by a larger, robust team to drive its promotion and sales to the market.
Plan for use of funds as follows:
Bottle Design 11%
Bottle Mould 12%
Working Capital 16%
Initial Bottle Order 22%
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
CBILS loan taken out in September 2020 at an interest rate of 2.5% with monthly repayments of £496.35. The company expects to have this repaid by September 2030 with £42,736 outstanding.
Fleximize Loan taken out in May 2022 for the expansion of distillery facilities at an interest rate of 30% pa. Monthly repayments of £1,467.70 expected to be repaid by May 2024 with £6,250 outstanding.
CBILS Loan from Tower Leasing Loan for HP of equipment. Taken out in February 2022 at an interest rate of 0% with monthly repayments of £220.91 to be repaid by February 2025 with £4,695 outstanding.
Director's Loan of £36,845 to fund growth at 0% interest. Will be withdrawn at an appropriate stage of profitability with no set deadline.
Overdraft facility of £25K in use for cashflow purposes.
Funds from this round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Sky Wave Gin
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.