Sleep Well is a natural milk drink designed to help you relax and get a better night’s sleep.
To our knowledge, it is the only ready-to-drink food alternative to taking a pill or potion. Sleep Well is a gorgeous tasting, long-life drink made with whole Jersey milk, honey and valerian - the herb that’s been helping people relax and sleep for 2000 years.
Easy for retailers and consumers to buy and store, Sleep Well comes in vanilla and chocolate flavours in either convenient 200ml sip n’ sleep cartons or 1 litre family packs. We believe it is perfect for everyone, from families to on-the-go students, shift workers and stressed executives. We recommend drinking a cup chilled or gently warmed up half an hour before you want to sleep.
Sales of sleep products are growing at 8% p.a. and the sleep-health industry is currently valued at between $30 - $40 billion. There's a huge opportunity presented by global sleep debt.
We're on a mission to help the world get a better night's sleep. Your investment will help us achieve our ambition. Sleep Well launched in September 2017. With growing retail listings and online sales that continue to perform strongly, we're on a mission to help more people get a better night's sleep. Your investment will help us achieve our ambition.
We are on the cusp of a sleep revolution as the world wakes up to the mental, physical and economic costs of sleep insufficiency. Almost half of Britons say stress or worry keeps them awake at night and a third of UK adults have taken medication in an attempt to relieve sleeping problems.
Customers are craving a great night’s sleep but want to avoid taking medication. We responded to the growing demand for a natural solution, creating an easy-to-drink, delicious cup of goodness that uses ingredients we are happy for our children to drink.
We believe that the business opportunity is significant for sleep solution products that are early to market. Sleep Well is designed to reinvent the bedtime drink and evoke nostalgic memories of a cup of milk as part of a healthy bedtime routine. Our recipe has been independently verified by a specialist food lab in Berlin and, from customer feedback, we know Sleep Well works. We are already helping thousands of customers to sleep and we want to help millions more.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• Sept 2017 - Launched at Speciality & Fine Food Fair with Vanilla Sleep Well (200ml and 1 litre).
• Q4 2017 - Listed in Fortnum & Mason and 30+ Channel Island stores including Morrisons Daily, Tesco Alliance and Co-Op.
• Aug 2018 - Listed in 18 Booths stores across the North of England.
• Oct 2018 - Listed with Cotswold Fayre, supplying 2000+ UK independent shops, luxury stores, farm shops and delis.
• 2600+ online orders through Sleep Well website and Amazon.com.
• 1900+ online customers placing average order values of £11.09.
• £51,000 revenue in 8-months test period from starting in new type of category.
• Generating strong international interest through established Jersey Dairy sales channels.
• Developed scalable supply chain in UK with international compliance.
• Received confirmation that health claims are justifiable under current EFSA food regulations.
• Created a brand new product and brand within 12 months of launch.
• Registered trademark protection in UK and EU, filed in China and Hong Kong.
• Building a loyal Sleep Well community with a 3000+ GDPR compliant database and 4,300+ social followers.
• Sleep Well founder, Allan Watts, wins Institute of Directors Award for Innovation.
• PR campaign generating excellent coverage on BBC Radio 2 Simon Mayo show, Good Housekeeping, Country Living Magazine, Woman & Home, Woman's Own, Take A Break, Grocer, Caterer and other trade, national, regional and lifestyle titles.
• Launch of Chocolate Sleep Well (200ml & 1 litre) in December 2018.
Sleep Well has three existing revenue streams - Online, UK national retail and UK independent retail. We also intend to develop three other revenue streams - UK health, international hospitality and international retail.
Our business strategy, growth targets and financial forecasts are based on securing ‘stores and doors’ and achieving rate of sale targets in each. Online sales and successful PR, digital and content marketing strategies have created a groundswell of demand from customers wanting to purchase Sleep Well in store.
We launched with Vanilla Sleep Well in 200ml and 1 litre packages. We are planning to launch Chocolate Sleep Well in store and online early in December 2018 in response to customer demand.
The focus for the next 12 months will be on nurturing existing stockists to grow sales volumes with a programme of promotions, tastings and advertising. We are in final stage negotiations with national retailers and 2 flagship luxury hotel chains. We are aiming to achieve excellent production economies of sale through increased listings and volume of sales.
Use of proceeds
Having established Sleep Well as a delicious, natural solution for all ages who need to relax and get a better night’s sleep, our strategy is to build the brand fast to establish vital awareness, trust and loyalty.
This fundraise will help us super-charge marketing, increase listings and support stockists with advertising and promotional activity.
We plan to allocate the funds to:
• Advertising, promotions and in-store tastings to build brand awareness (55%).
• Marketing and Sales resource (20%).
• Production and launch of Chocolate Sleep Well (15%).
• NPD for travel ‘sleep shots’ (5%).
• Fundraising costs (5%).
The Company has in issue £250,000 worth of “Preference Shares” which entitle the holder to a cumulative preferential payment of 7% per annum. These shares will be redeemed by 2020. These shares have not been taken into account in calculating the Company’s share price as they do not offer any voting rights or any rights to participate in distributions, other than a fixed 7% p.a.
Loading, please wait...