Sophia.app is an on-demand marketplace for the private tuition industry
- 100% Repeat Booking Rate and 5 Star Tutor Reviews
- Founded by Educational Leaders
- Tutors fully vetted against highest standards of safe recruitment
- 3 specially curated educational programme's designed and running
SOPHIA is an EdTech disruptor, bringing on-demand, flexible working to the £6bn UK tuition industry.
Founded by an Independent school Head Teacher and run by a team of educational leaders with decades of experience in the industry, we promote confidence and convenience without compromising on safety or quality of education.
Tutors are fully vetted by the education team against the highest standards in safeguarding and safer recruitment. Sessions are booked via an app and are delivered online, at home or anywhere the client finds convenient.
1) Face-to-face & online Tuition:
Clients pay Sophia one of 3 rates based on the tier of tutor.
Sophia takes a fixed % commission when the session is booked and pays the remainder to tutors.
Sophia covers variable costs including 'gig-economy' insurance (via a partnership with Tapoly), payment processing fees (partnership with stripe) and retains gross profit of 16.4% per average session:
2) Virtual School - sessions are run daily and cover core curriculum across age groups from KS1 to GCSE. Up to 3 parents can book into a single session, parents get to select subject but not the specific time or tutors. Classes get booked up weeks in advance and this cross pollenates into clients booking specific tutors for one-to-one sessions via the app.
3) SophiaX - a wide variety of extra-curricular courses (Book club, Harry Potter and his World, Minecraft coding, Debating, Mathematical Art, Coding a Lego Maze), SophiaX feeds kid’s curiosity and elevates their learning with a variety of real time online classes.