A scalable, purpose-led accessories brand on a mission to re-define industry standards of traceability
- +515% YOY revenue growth June 2021 - May 2022*
- Global multi-channel distribution in place spanning 4 continents
- Team with extensive luxury brand-building and start-up experience
- Awarded for excellence in sustainable fashion & B-Corp pending
STELAR is a purpose-led brand, founded on the principles of community, craftsmanship, transparency and regeneration.
Born and established in Bali, we collaborate with local artisan communities to create luxury handcrafted bags and accessories that preserve high-level heritage weaving skills.
Our mission: To build a modern luxury brand, setting new industry standards of traceability by bringing value to the people and skills behind each item we create, not only the item itself.
We believe that knowing where your purchases come from should be a standard, not a luxury. Which is why everything we make is accompanied by a unique digital code, connecting you to the artisan who created it.
We produce in communities not factories, using natural materials, where possible.
We sell online, and in leading department stores, boutiques and resorts across 4 continents and plan to scale, supported by a robust business model that’s designed to deliver continued growth.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• We have established our own operations and fulfilment process, with the capacity to meet the demands of our business as we scale
• Our vertically integrated production and supply chain model has also been established, working with a community of over 120 trained artisans (and continuing to grow) who are paid an average 2.25 times the regional minimum wage
• Achieved global press recognition
• Common Objective Leadership Award in 2022 for Excellence in Sustainable Fashion
• Finalist at the Luxury Innovation Awards (Geneva, Oct. 2022)
• B-Corp application is in progress, with a score of 93.8 in the impact assessment
Between our financial years June 2020 - May 2021 and June 2021 - May 2022 we:
• Increased our total revenue growth by +515%*
• Established our wholesale distribution over 4 continents, with 17 luxury retail/resort locations across UK, Europe, USA, Japan and Hong Kong and 4 online marketplaces
• Increased our online revenue by 529% year on year*
• Increased our order volume by 365%
• Seen our organic/direct website visits increase by +39%
• Achieved returning customer rates of +22%
• Reduced our CPA (marketing cost to acquire a customer) by 76% (Jan-Dec 22 vs Jan-Dec 21)*
• Increased our online conversion rate by +370%
• Established a successful private events model, which will be rolled out in the USA and Singapore from Spring 2023
STELAR is executing an international multi-channel distribution strategy. Our vertically integrated production model generates high-intake margins, designed to deliver growth. Our global online store delivers a compelling, immersive brand and product experience, with localised currency options.
We will continue to expand our dynamic calendar of on and offline pop-up events, private trunk shows, brand collaborations and partnerships, which build awareness and accelerate new customer acquisition. We also have longer term ambitions to create an experiential flagship store to provide a complete immersion into the world of STELAR, with artisan-led workshops and customised products.
Additional international wholesale partnerships will continue to drive brand awareness and establish credibility; high-profile speciality retailers, iconic department stores, luxury hotels/resorts, and online multi-brand fashion retailers. Each item’s unique code drives new customers from these channels to our website.
Use of proceeds
With the funds from this round, we plan to build on the traction achieved to scale our proven business model:
1. Expand our product range with the introduction of our first hat collection as the next step in our journey to becoming an unparalleled lifestyle accessories brand.
2. Develop our vertically integrated supply chain to further improve transparency, manufacturing methods and operational efficiencies. We aim to achieve exceptional sustainability credentials, evidenced by an annual impact report.
3. Accelerate revenue growth by consolidating our UK and Japan multi-channel presence, and prioritise the USA. Further enhance our online customer journey with an immersive made-to-order service; scale our offline trunk show and pop-up activities in key markets
Recruit additional talent to scale our sales, marketing, product development, production and fulfilment capabilities.
*based on unaudited management accounts
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £50,000 Shareholders Loan at an interest rate of 0% per annum. This loan shall be repaid only when either a) the Company has secured the full £1.5m to fully fund the business to deliver its 5 year plan or b) when the business becomes cash positive.
2. £75,000 Director's Loan at an interest rate of 5% above the Bank of England's Bank Rate per annum. This loan shall be repaid only when either a) the Company has secured the full £1.5m to fully fund the business to deliver its 5 year plan or b) when the business becomes cash positive.
3. £2,557.35 GC Business Finance Start-Up Loan at an interest rate of 0% per annum. This loan shall be repaid by May 2023.
4. £4,981.78 Bounce Back Loan at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. This loan shall be repaid by July 2023.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Investors in this round are investing into and will become shareholders of STELAR LONDON LIMITED, 10776508. This is the holding company for the group.
The Company 90% owns PT Operations Bali, which is a subsidiary that oversees the development, production and dispatch of STELAR products. The other 10% is owned by the Company's founder.
The company currently has 2 classes of shares, A Ordinary and B Ordinary. On an exit or liquidation, all share classes participate pro-rata. A Ordinary Shares have voting and dividend rights.
All investors in this round, including Seedrs investors, will be receiving A Ordinary shares.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of STELAR
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.