Straight & Narrow
Ready to produce and distribute a portfolio of Premium 0% Non-Alcoholic drinks ahead of Dry January.
- Non-Alcoholic drinks surging +51% and now worth £217m
- Launch Planned for Dry January, 6.4m people took part in 2021
- PR & Social media campaign being prepared for launch
- 25% of all 18-24 year olds describe themselves as non-drinkers.
Straight & Narrow are ready to produce and distribute a portfolio of recognisable naturally flavoured 0% Non-Alcoholic Spirits offering great value for money.
Each product is housed in a distinctive bottle shape together with a premium foil design to give maximum on shelf impact.
Our Ready to Drink range is also in development, ready for launch in January 2022.
Giving back is also part of our DNA, we support chosen charitable partners by attending fundraising events and donating 3-5% of our profits. That way our consumers feel good inside and out every time they raise a glass!
Substantial accomplishments to date
○ We have spent the last 6 months fine tuning the recipes, focussing on getting the perfect balance of flavour and heat.
○ The team consists of handpicked industry experts which offer the perfect balance of experience and fresh ideas. Jason Stoneham, CEO/Founder, previously held senior commercial positions including Interim Head of Sales at Life Health Foods Europe, where he played a strong role in turning around market performance which kickstarted market share growth for the brand. Nigel Broadhurst, Independent Non Exec Director, was previously MD of Iceland Frozen Foods.
○ Our ambition is to recruit and develop a talented team with a can-do winning attitude.
○ The Ready To Drink liquids are at the final stages of development and will be available in both a canned and bottle format.
○ Masters of Malt have agreed to list Straight & Narrow products from launch.
○ We have built our social media awareness from our partnership with Cure Leukaemia summer BBQ campaign and were included in a regional press supplement that reached 250K people.
○ Medal winner at the prestigious International Wine Spirit Competition 2021
○ Most Grocery supermarkets have been approached and samples have been submitted to a major supermarket and discounter.
○ Our plan is to work with no alcohol social media groups and work in partnership, offering incentives for their followers - e.g. Sober Girl Society.
○ Currently pulling together our marketing & PR launch campaigns.
As well as selling our own product, we will also sell other complementary brands with a margin of between 10-15%. We are already able to offer Krombacher, which is the most popular Non-Alcoholic Pils in Germany with a 20% market share.
The plan is to have a balanced portfolio across retail, hospitality and direct to consumer.
Selling other brands also increases our distribution efficiencies and improves profitability further.
We aim to maximise our revenue by offering a White Label option.
We will not deal with customers who are a credit risk or have a reputation of delaying payment.
Direct to consumer offers a more profitable route to market and part of our strategy is to presell the stock in line with production.
Use of proceeds
Ready to drink stock and bottle development 20%.
Production trials and shelf life tests 30%.
PR Launch press release in October targeting trade media on-trade, off-trade, drinks trade, wholesale, feature submissions to relevant Christmas and Dry January 10%.
Social media awareness campaign with influencers 10%.
Marketing costs for design work 10%.
Operations and distribution costs 5%.
New website with online shop 5%.
Salary & Expenses 10%.
SEIS/EIS Tax Relief
The first £150k invested in the round is eligible for SEIS tax relief and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
Investments over £150k will be eligible for EIS.
The Founder previously went into volutary liquidation with a previous contracting company, following a change in HMRC repayment requirements. This was settled in December 2020.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Straight & Narrow
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.