Please note that whilst the campaign is labelled as EIS eligible the Company has £150,000 remaining of its SEIS limit. We will, therefore, be looking to seek SEIS relief on the first £150,000 invested into the campaign, with the balance being EIS eligible. Any tax relief is dependent on personal circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
We are Super U!
And we create great-tasting, innovative and nutritious Superfood Blends - making healthy eating easy & fun without costing the Earth.
We stand by that a healthier you, makes a happier you! And with the majority of consumers still not meeting their 5-a-day target of fruit and veg - we want to encourage more people to live healthier and eat more Superfoods!
The global superfood market is already worth over $20 billion. And with superfoods being a major source of natural vitamins & minerals, consumers are now making a conscious shift towards more natural ‘superfood’ based supplements. So this is a really exciting time to get involved with Super U!
Our products have reached the home’s of thousands of happy customers and as of January this year, the shelves of As Nature Intended, Whole Foods Market & Selfridges. With a growth of 200% already in our second year, the business is continuing to thrive.
And we would like YOU to come and join us on this amazing journey.
Founders Charlotte and Sean created Super U to make superfoods more accessible & convenient for everyone.
It all began when Charlotte was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease at the age of 16. She really struggled to accept a future of restricting her diet in an ongoing battle against unpleasant side-effects. By the time she reached university, she was surviving, not thriving – feelings of fatigue, frustration and being unable to concentrate became the norm. Sean became aware of superfoods such as; spirulina, baobab, açai and their amazing health benefits whilst studying in the US for part of his degree. Thinking Charlotte may benefit from some of these ingredients, the couple began experimenting hoping to improve her self-esteem & overall health. Which is when Super U was born!
They created 7 functional superfood blends - naturally gluten free & vegan, without any fillers, sweeteners or flavourings. Helping people genuinely feel healthier & happier through the power of natural superfoods.
Substantial accomplishments to date
2017 - 2018
· Successfully launched, self-funded.
· Began developing new packaging to become more eco-friendly and retail ready.
· Organically grew our online following of loyal followers.
· Launched 2 new superfood products, Pink Pitaya & Blue Spirulina.
· Exhibited at a number of consumer trade shows all over the UK.
· Launched new cardboard, tube packaging.
· Runners up for Young Entrepreneurs of the Year 2018, for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
· 1st Year Revenue = £37,000.
2018 - Now
· January 2019, launched with As Nature Intended.
· Began NPD to develop 4 additional superfood blends.
· May 2019, launched with Whole Foods Market.
· Total Revenue: November 2018 - May 2019 = £76,000.
· Grew our revenue by almost 200% (Nov 2018 - August 2019).
· August 2019, launched with Selfridges.
· September 2019, introduced 4 brand new superfood blends to our range!
· Finalists for Start-Up Business of the Year and Health & Beauty Business of the Year 2019 - for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
· Confirmed new listing with John Bell & Croyden - for launch in October.
· Grew our social audience to over 8,500 loyal, engaged followers.
· Reached over 3,500 online customers.
So far, we have built our online customer base to over 3,500 - from subscribers, to one-time buyers and returning customers; our community is always expanding.
We intend to continue our growth through the following revenue streams;
· B2C - sell directly to our customers through our website (including a subscription service), in order to reach customers all over the world and build a trusted & loved superfood brand.
· Amazon - continue to build our presence on Amazon UK and become listed with Amazon US.
· Retailers - continue working with our UK retailers and supporting listings with regular sampling sessions, to build brand presence and in-store performance.
We ensure that all of our products are manufactured in the UK, within a certified organic and BRC facility, to ensure the highest quality of control.
Use of proceeds
We believe that this is a really exciting time to get involved with Super U! Our journey so far has shown that we are building a loved & respected brand within the market, we’ve developed amazing relationships with our suppliers, retailers and customers - all of which we feel gives us a fantastic platform for growth.
The funds raised will be allocated to the following key areas;
· Support for Growth (50%) - primarily allocated to fund production costs and to build our team.
· Marketing Activities (25%) - increase our budgets for digital marketing & PR. Help fund retail support & promotions.
· Export Strategy (25%) - develop a strategy to enter the US market. Also begin to export to key European countries.
This will allow us to further establish our customer base within the UK, whilst also exploring opportunities for growth within Europe and the US.
So we hope you decide to come and join us on our journey to achieving better health for everyone, through the power of superfoods!
Loading, please wait...