The Climate App
Making climate action easy, fun & social; creating a movement to protect our planet from climate collapse
- Android + iOS beta apps fully functional and ready to launch
- 30 core volunteer team members from NASA, Facebook, IBM, Whatsapp, NHS and others.
- Successful previous crowdfunder raising £23k from 430 backers
- Online community of thousands, including our ambassadors Max Litchfield & Fiona Oakes
The Climate App is an environmental-social app, making climate action easy, fun & social - leveraging positive peer pressure to create a movement of action to protect our planet from climate collapse.
Governments have failed us, 1m species are threatened with extinction, life support systems are breaking down, and we only have 8 years left to stop using fossil fuels.
Many people feel powerless, unmotivated and isolated while cutting carbon can be difficult, boring and thankless.
People are ready for change - the green economy is predicted to grow from $8.3bn in 2019 to $57.8bn by 2030.
The Climate App brings together the best bits from Duolingo, Strava and Instagram; the go-to place for climate action.
Users complete gamified challenges, earn awards and achievements, see how their carbon footprint changes over time, challenge others, and inspire their network.
Utilising positive peer pressure, every action creates a ripple effect to create a mass movement of action!
Substantial accomplishments to date
1. Our team of volunteers: Experience comes from NASA, Sky, Whatsapp, Facebook, IBM, NHS, rapid-scale start-ups, climate scientists and include many PhDs and degrees from psychology to science.
2. Android alpha app developed + tested.
3. Android + iOS beta app designs produced.
4. Successful Indiegogo crowdfunder raising £23k from 430 backers:
5. Press mentions:
6. Android beta app developed and rigorously tested continuously over the last two years with detailed, 1-on-1 and group user feedback.
7. Growth of movement to thousands of community members across mailing lists and social media.
8. Several networks and partnerships grown including the ESGmark certification, Greentech Alliance, and famous ambassadors such as Guinness World Record holder Fiona Oakes.
9. First B2B client confirmed (paying £1k/month).
There are possibilities for multiple B2B and B2C revenue streams. Initially the app will focus on B2B, though as with most social apps, B2C will become the most significant stream once user numbers become substantial.
• Affiliate/referral links on products+services mentioned in challenges.
• Relevant advertising + sponsorship.
• Organisational subscribers (eg Monetalis competition).
• We estimate that 3-4% of our users will pay a premium upgrade (£10-60/year) for additional features. This is based on the financial models used by Duolingo, Strava and Couchsurfing.
Use of proceeds
The majority of the amount raised will be used to ensure that there are enough full-time employees to enable the launch and growth of the apps over the first 6 months.
• 3 Full Time Equivalent employees for year 1: CEO, lead developer, lead community builder as well as several part time equivalent employees, 89%
• Travel, 0.5%
• Marketing, 3%
• Office Lease, 2%
• Server costs for 20,000 active monthly users, 2%
• Tech subscriptions, 1%
• Legal/accounting cost, 2%
• Other, 0.5%
Overfunding would let us continue our efforts for the year, while ramping up our tech architecture, and content creation teams to start our International plans sooner, rolling out to the US, Australia and other English-speaking countries.
Currently the team consists of a global community of highly experienced volunteers. After the successful closing of this campaign, there is a plan to pay a salary to the CEO, a full-time lead developer and full-time lead community builder, and several others part-time.
Open an account to get access to the team members of The Climate App
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.