The Modern Nursery
eCommerce store offering stylish, eco-friendly, children's toys & nursery furniture and & Playroom décor.
- Fresh, interior design-led products for Nurseries and Playrooms
- Since our launch in 2015 we've built a brand our customers love.
- We're ready to scale the business & expand our own brand products
- Extend service with aim to be never out of stock on key products
The Modern Nursery is a leading online store inspiring parents to create modern, contemporary fun spaces for their children to nest and play.
With a fresh interior design-led focus, The Modern Nursery offers stylish and sustainable Scandi inspired nursery and playroom furniture, décor and toys including a range of own-brand products.
Since our launch in 2015, our customers have consistently shown us that they want more for their children's spaces than cheap and garish plastic throwaway items dominated by the ethos "pink for a girl, blue for a boy"
We offer a design service which has also proven very popular and has been used to great effect by clients including strong celebrity endorsement.
Our vision is that nurseries and playrooms can be stylish and contemporary whilst still being great fun spaces for children to develop and thrive.
Our aspiration is to be the #1 design-led children’s eCommerce store for nursery and playroom interiors and toys in the UK and beyond.
Substantial accomplishments to date
We've built a community of parents who believe that nurseries and playrooms should be beautifully designed spaces where their little ones love to learn, rest and play.
With 133,000 customers to date, we've grown to a £2m turnover business.
Our team of 10 employees all love what we do and share the same vision. In fact, the first 3 team members to join us are still here today.
Operationally, we upgraded our warehouse facilities in 2021 to help prepare us to scale, and this year we've begun to expand our Interior Design Service.
We have established a strong social media presence which really helps us cut through in our marketing.
- Instagram 294,000 followers
- Facebook 32,000 followers
- Pinterest 7,300 followers
- Tik Tok 4,600 followers - last year we were one of the first in our sector to market via Tik Tok.
Our award-winning brand benefits from great press coverage. You can see some examples of our press on our website at:
We were winners of Best Lifestyle/Interiors Boutique for two years in a row and The Good Web Guide for Best Children's Website.
And of course, we were thrilled to be featured on ITV's Sam & Billie: The Mummy Diaries and Ferne McCann's First Time Mum.
We're an eCommerce brand selling a range of prestigious Scandinavian brands as well as a number of our own products.
Like many eRetailers, we had a challenging year in 2021 due to the impact of Brexit, Apple iOS changes and supply chain issues following the pandemic. We now aim to scale the business by focusing on a few key areas:
- Our own brand products are well-loved and provide a higher margin, so we aim to expand this range as part of the investment spend.
- Our celebrity-endorsed Nursery Room and Playroom Design Service generates AOV’s in excess of £2,000, and we'll be expanding this capability.
- Deploying a Never Out Of Stock (NOOS) strategy for high demand products in order to satisfy customer demand.
Use of proceeds
We're using the investment monies to expand our own brand products, and to optimise revenue and profitability:
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
- £221,088 Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) loan at an interest rate of 10.10% per annum. The loan is being repaid at a rate of £8,078.54 per month with the final instalment due in April 2026.
- £82,000 Director’s loan from the Founder, Laura Williams, at an interest rate of 0% per annum. The loan is not repayable, in part or in full, until June 2025. It is only repayable when the company has sufficient working capital reserves to repay it without creating any immediate cash flow concerns.
- £10,000 loan from an individual at an interest rate of 0% per annum. The loan is to be repaid in January 2023
- £10,000 loan from an individual at an interest rate of 0% per annum. The loan is to be repaid in August 2022
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of The Modern Nursery
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.