The ticketing platform with an ethical twist, capping booking fees, fighting touts & donating to charity.
|Location||London United Kingdom|
|Sectors||SaaS/PaaS Digital Mixed B2B/B2C|
|Incorporation date||27 Jul 2017|
- Anyone can turn their events into social impact at no extra cost.
- Successful offline and online proof of concept with paid users.
- In-house tech team developing a modern & scalable ticketing tech.
- Certified as a business for good. #EthicalTicketing #GiveBack50
Ticketpass is a Tech for Good company that is challenging the traditional ticketing industry with an ethical approach.
Our goal is to create a fair platform that uses ticketing to create a positive impact.
With millions of tickets sold every year in the UK, imagine the impact if a percentage of each ticket went on to do good.
We are on it. To our knowledge, Ticketpass is the first ticketing platform that gives back 50% of our booking fee to charity projects.
We allow organisers and buyers to support thousands of charity projects in over 170 counties vetted by GlobalGiving. Tickets can support causes from children’s rights and humanitarian aid, to animals and the environment.
Ticketpass is free to use for event organisers. We charge a 10% booking fee, fairly capped at £5 on paid tickets, and we don’t charge anything for free events.
Today, the ticketing industry is broken.
It is now common to hear stories of people being scammed by touts, paying uncessarily high booking fees, or losing money on unused tickets.
The reason is simple, current market leaders tend to put profits above people.
This is not fair. So we are working to build the biggest ethical ticketing alternative.
Ticketpass was born out of a desire to change this “norm”. Our platform is free to use for organisers, caps booking fees and donates half of it to charity.
We are also building our ethical secondary market, where people will be able to resell their purchased tickets at face-value with a single click.
We also want to fight bots and touts so we’re working on digitising the FAN ID concept that used in the 2018 FIFA World Cup, which required users and their tickets to be verified before entry. #toutsOut
We are more than just tickets! Join our mission, together we can help the planet and impact millions of lives. #TechforGood #EthicalTicketing
Substantial accomplishments to date
• Rodrigo got fed-up with the ticketing industry and decides to build a fair and honest alternative.
• Proved the concept offline by selling tickets by hand and cycling with a rusty £7 second-hand bike.
• To cope with demand and prove the concept online, Rodrigo built a Wordpress site as MVP.
• Ticketpass wins Warwick Startup Venture Cup.
• Ticketpass receives its first seed funding investment to kick start the platform.
• Robert, our Lead Developer joins Ticketpass, starting what would be become our in-house tech team!
• Development of our scalable & modern ticketing technology begins.
• Beta platform with free & paid events is launched to a warm reception that our users love.
• iOS and Android check-in apps are launched, to offer quick on the door entry at events.
• During our Beta we created a waiting list for organisers of bigger events who approached us to use Ticketpass, but we were not yet able to take on.
• Partnership with leading NGO GlobalGiving helping us to vet and support charities in 170 countries.
• Ticketpass hosts its first event outside the UK, in Monaco!
• Ticketpass is certified as a social enterprise - a business for good.
• Ticketpass is shortlisted as top 20 Business for Purpose in Europe by Ashoka and TOMS.
• Ex-VP of Ticketmaster, Sean, and Director at TOMS, Lisa joins Ticketpass board.
• Ticketpass official launch is featured by national industry media and Forbes.
Currently, Ticketpass’ main revenue stream is through a 10% Booking Fee charged per ticket sold and fairly capped at £5.00. The booking fee is normally covered by the attendee, except for free events where we don’t charge one.
Ticketpass keeps half of the 10% booking fee and the other half is donated for social impact.
With the launch of our secondary market, we will be adding three more revenue streams:
For people that have a spontaneous or active lifestyle and need to have the flexibility, we will offer a subscription plan where they receive a number ‘passes’ (tokens) every month which gives them the opportunity to resell or transfer their tickets. Price: £0, £3, and £7 depending on the number of tokens you would like per month.
For the people need to resell their tickets but who don’t want to commit to a subscription, they have the alternative to buy single tokens as a ‘pay as you go’. Price: £3.00 per pass.
Organisers will have the opportunity to advertise their events to users that might be interested. Price: variable.
Use of proceeds
The capital raised in this round will fund our expansion in the UK. We plan to launch our secondary ticketing feature and continue to improve our current technology.
As a Tech for Good company, technology development and innovation are key areas and deeply embedded in our DNA.
To date, our primary ticketing platform has been developed. This investment will allow us to continue the development of an ethical secondary market, which will give people flexibility over their purchased tickets without breaking the bank. Allowing them to buy and resell their tickets at any given time, at the click of a button.
Funds will also be used for customer acquisition and to drive growth: through events, ambassadors, content creation and strategic partnerships.
Lastly, we will be allocating funds to cover office rent and operating costs, such as support, tools, and equipment.
56% - Team / Tech Development
17% - New Hires
10% - Marketing
17% - Office & Operations
The company has one outstanding director's loan of circa £200k with no interest rate. The money raised from the campaign will not be used to pay this loan.