The award-winning app for people with ADHD and autism. Technology that truly makes a difference.
|Sectors||Healthcare Digital B2C|
|Incorporation date||6 Dec 2019|
- More than 15,000 downloads
- Reaching 1400 active subscribers
- Best Social Impact Startup award
- Investment from the founders of the edtech company Kahoot!
Tiimo is the award-winning app for people with ADHD and autism. With its pleasing visuals, ability to help with specific cognitive difficulties and improvement of daily routines, Tiimo is on a mission to improve everyday life for people with ADHD and autism worldwide.
Tiimo was designed in continuous consultation with ADHD families and experts around scientifically recognized methods to support independence, focus and participation in everyday life.
But, we have even bigger plans for Tiimo. Our product vision is to become the new global standard in assistive technologies by using machine learning to collect and analyze real-world feedback on the end-users daily mood, routines and symptoms. This will enable the continuous improvement of diagnosis and treatment in ADHD and autism.
With an international subscriber base coming from 49 different countries, MRR since launch in 2018 and €75,000 in revenue over the past year, we are building an international company around technology that truly makes a difference.
Brushing your teeth. Eating breakfast. Taking your medicine.
These everyday activities may seem simple and straightforward. However, for someone with ADHD and/or autism, simple routines can be hard to remember and complete. Memory loss, anxiety, hyperactivity and inattention strongly impacts the development, education and family life of many people with these conditions.
It is estimated that approx. 204 million children and adults worldwide today have ADHD and 76 milllion people today have autism, and this number is growing.
Tiimo is the answer to a fundamental lack of inclusive and functional digital tools for people with ADHD and autism. Many existing solutions are outdated, analogue and stigmatising. We are changing this! The user of our discrete app is guided and supported by visuals, a gamified design, visual timeline and motivating reminders.
Tiimo has been designed with the aim to increase focus, independence, and confidence for the individual, and to reduce conflict with parents or caretakers, so they can spend less time on planning and managing others.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- More than 15,000 downloads.
- Reaching 1400 active subscribers and generating €75,000 in revenue the past year.
- International subscriber base from 49 different countries.
- Positive LTV:CAC ratio.
- Won the "Citizens Award" at CareWare in 2017, Wondertech Summit "Innovator of the Year" award in May 2019 and "Best Social Impact Startup" award in Denmark at the Nordic Startup Awards in October 2019.
- Featured on Forbes.com, as well as the Danish version of "Dragons Den" in 2019.
- Letters of support for Tiimo product innovation from internationally renowned research centres, hospitals and clinics such as Cincinnati Children's Hospital (US), Berlin School of Mind And Brain (GER) and Centre for Research in Autism at UCL (UK).
- Partnership with Daniel M. Jones from "The Aspie World", one of the largest autism influencers in the world, with +100,000 subscribers on Youtube and 137,000 followers across all social media.
2016: Receives €264,000 grant from the Market Development Fund in Denmark to develop and test Tiimo.
2016: Releases pilot version 1.0 for Android.
2017: Receives €260,000 private investment from business angels.
2018: Launch of the iOS and Android app in Denmark. First paying subscribers.
2019: Launch of the iOS and Android app worldwide in English. First paying international subscribers.
2019: 1400 subscribers
Another positive customer testimonial:
The Tiimo business model is simple: we offer a 30-day free trial with a monthly subscription price of €9.99 after the free trial. You can sign up on our website or simply download and sign up directly in the app through the App Store and Google Play Store for iOS and Android respectively.
This means we have been generating revenue since we launched in 2018.
Our app is available worldwide in English and Danish on a monthly subscription for private individuals / families (B2C) and yearly subscriptions for municipalities/therapists (B2B).
We believe we have an extremely scalable company because our customer acquisition is global and digital.
As a subscriber, you can use Tiimo on an unlimited number of devices on smartphones, smartwatches and tablets, share the subscription with up to 5 different family members and get access to our customer support.
Use of proceeds
With solid international traction, proven digital marketing channels and product-market fit, it's time to scale! We have a strong team in design, tech and marketing in place already, so our Seedrs proceeds will go almost exclusively towards:
• Marketing of Tiimo to users in UK, US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
• Localizing the app to spur organic growth in South Korea, Japan, Germany, France, Spanish speaking countries, Italy, Benelux and the Nordics.
• Hiring one additional app developer and our International Partnership & Community Manager, Anna, on a full-time basis.
• Increase the subscriber base of our existing service to 5,000 by EY 2020 and 10,000 by EY 2021.
• Improve the current app, as well as engage in product innovation and development to collect and analyze real-world feedback on the end-users daily mood, routines and symptoms. This would be truly innovative for ADHD and autism treatment, which at the moment is extremely analogue and time consuming.
The company has received a loan from the Danish Growth Fund for €250,000 at an interest rate of 9% + variable 3 month CIBOR. The loan repayment is to start in January 2023, and due to be fully repaid by January 2026. None of the funds raised will be used to repay this loan.