Helping businesses with Sustainability & Wellness commitments. We plant trees for people walking more.
- Strong traction: over 12k downloads in 50+ countries
- “World class” daily app engagement rates
- 3% subscriber churn rate; Lifetime Value of £129*
- B2B customers: E.ON, Asda, Rotary Club, Finastra, Paysafe, Orkla
Treekly app is providing an affordable yet engaging approach to climate action, tapping into the 5+billion people globally who want to live more sustainably but have not yet taken action.
Our behaviour change platform helps people adopt a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle by rewarding them with trees.
Since launching our business proposition just 6 weeks ago, global brands such as E.ON, Finastra, Paysafe and Orkla, have chosen Treekly as part of their sustainability and wellness strategy. Our platform provides both employees and customers with a community-led initiative. Treekly helps businesses engage the 88% of consumers who want brands to help them live more sustainably whilst supporting employee and customer wellbeing. Now more important than ever due to the new norm of remote working.
Our first product, the Treekly Challenge, encourages individuals, communities and businesses to adopt a daily walking habit. In return, we plant trees on their behalf.
Our in-house team designed and created the Treekly app to be a scalable platform, capable of ‘plugging in’ new products and gamification features with minimal resources, meaning we can quickly adapt to new market trends and shifts in demand.
Our mission is to drive behaviour change that is good for your health and good for our planet by revitalising areas of the world that have been devastated by deforestation whilst helping people adopt healthy and sustainable habits.
*figure taken on 15th March 2022
Substantial accomplishments to date
We have built a highly engaged community of over 12,000 users in over 50 countries around the world.
Purely from inbound enquiries, several major brands have already selected Treekly to become part of their sustainability and wellness strategy, including E.ON, Asda Money, Finastra, Paysafe, Rotary Club, Orkla.
Our DAU:MAU stats reveal “world-class” app engagement rates amongst our subscriber community, and for our free users it is 35% (significantly above “Good”).
From launching the consumer version of the app in alpha phase in March 2021, followed by the beta launch in July 2021, we have already achieved:
- 12,000+ app users across 50+ countries
- 15% organic growth MoM; no paid marketing since Q3 2021
- Conversion rates to monthly subscription of 13% (Affinity) and 5% (DTC)
- Subscriber churn rate of just 3%
- Lifetime Value: £129*
- Featured in/by Asda Money, The Guardian, BBC News and Snoop
- Registered trademark for Treekly®
*as of 15th March 2022
Impact to date:
By turning their footsteps into forests, our community has so far funded over 200,000 trees with the current trajectory set to exceed 1 million trees planted by the end of this year.
1. Treekly Plus (MRR): subscription upgrade for users to earn 1 tree EVERY DAY they complete 5000 steps ; Gross Margin 50%
2. Tree Packs: one-off purchase of trees ; Gross Margin 70%
3. Treekly Business (MRR): provides an automated Steps League which turns employee/customer footsteps into a Company Forest. A unique sustainability-led approach to employee/customer engagement ; Gross Margin 50%
4. 30 Day Challenge: 30 day PR event to engage employees and customers in a steps challenge whilst building a Company Forest ; Gross Margin 45%
5. Tree with Purchase: brands pay to plant one tree for every product sold ; Gross Margin 45%
6. App Sponsorship: climate-friendly sponsors pay for in-app native banner space & a click-through page ; Gross Margin 5-10% (to cover the cost of ‘free trees’ earned by app users completing the Treekly Challenge)
7. Carbon Journal: digital chapters of climate tips, allowing users to log their low carbon habits to earn trees from sponsors, plus monthly subscription option
8. Smartwatch: with Treekly-branded interface and straps. Also available white- labelled for businesses
Use of proceeds
Alongside operational costs, your investment will help us in our plans to accelerate growth, convert our inbound enquiries faster, commence outbound activity and build on existing relationships with major brands. We'll also release our next product, Carbon Journal
1. Team (60%) to expand our technical and partnerships teams with expert, passionate talent
2. Sales and Marketing (20%) to increase brand awareness via paid advertising and developing more affinity partnerships
3. Product development and release (15%) to launch our next product (Carbon Journal), helping users adopt a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle
4. DevOps infrastructure/upgrades (5%)
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £47,583.83 Bounce Back Loan at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid by 9th November 2026. The Company has a payment holiday until September 2022.
2. £35,000 Director’s loan at zero interest and has no maturity date.
3. £25,000 Director’s loan at zero interest and has no maturity date.
4. £25,000 Working Capital Loan at an interest rate of 3% per annum. Repayment of this loan will start from October 2024.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Treekly Group Ltd (investee company) owns a subsidiary called More Trees Planted Ltd (company number: 13094267), which is a non-profit organisation.
£100,000 of the investment being reflected as part of the amount raised was received by the company in October 2021. The investment is on the same terms as the Seedrs investment.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Treekly
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.