Building a platform to revolutionise the £21bn parcel delivery industry for SMEs.
- trükl monitors orders for issues, alerting retailers in real time
- Successfully monitored the delivery of 4,500+ shipments since Aug
- Platform’s revenue/GMV grew by 1,300% from Oct '20 to Dec '20*
- Parcel delivery industry set to nearly double to £21bn by 2024
We have all had to wait for a parcel delivery that didn’t turn up on time, if at all. On average, 5% of all UK deliveries don’t go as planned. That's over 50M dissatisfied customer experiences. 50M times we all had to pick up the phone to contact a retailer and ended up being frustrated over the whole process.
The truth is, that someone, somewhere, knew about it but didn’t tell you…
trükl is a web-based, integrated and automated parcel delivery booking platform for small retailers. The system takes away the hassle of bulk booking, bulk tracking and bulk managing shipments. The features have been designed to simplify retailers' workflow and operational processes, to proactively monitor delivery progress in real time and to care for its customers and, in turn, their customers.
trükl will alert a retailer when something doesn’t look right; or something goes wrong, allowing the SME time to react before their customer notices.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- 4,500 successful deliveries
- £28,500 in revenue/GMV; £9,000+ in December alone*
- Handled our first international bulk shipment of 108 parcels in December
- Processed 330 orders and revenue of £1,800 on a single day in December
- Platform revenue increased by 1,300% between October and December
- Saved our customers up to 23% in delivery costs
- trükl is a member of SETsquared, an award winning business incubator
June '07-Jun '19
Founders sold over £68M online through various e-commerce websites.
January '11-Feb '18
Founders set up a delivery service to support their e-business and successfully fulfilled 300,000 parcels.
June '19-March '20
trükl is created and ideated. The platform structure takes shape through the investment of the Founders' own funds and commitment.
trükl processes its first orders, manually. Its proactive approach saves its customer an immediate 7% through management of costs and surcharges.
A local angel invests £100,000 of pre-seed capital allowing for the development and launch of the MVP. trükl becomes a SETsquared member and part of its accelerator program.
The beta platform is launched.
Two customers are selected and onboarded. They are actively using the platform.
trükl onboards another 10 customers and sees platform revenue/GMV grow by 1,300%*.
*Source: Unaudited management accounts.
The product development roadmap is designed to allow for the release of features facilitating our customer acquisition efforts (marketplace integrations), boosting the value of the product and automated services we offer our existing customers (workflow, user experience and new carrier integrations) and scaling (database and platform able to handle thousands transactions every day).
The business has a three tier approach to its monetising strategy based on the features it will offer:
Tier one (current): pay-as-you-go platform. Retailers can log in to their account and place orders at their convenience. trükl takes a margin for every order they place through the system.
Tier two (once some of the proactive features and algorithms are developed, tested and released): a hybrid pay-as-you-go and SaaS model allowing our pay-as-you-go customers to access the proactive features for a monthly fee. We are aiming to release these features at some point during Q3 2021.
Tier three: a SaaS model based on volume of requests for larger companies wanting to use our proactive features and console only; while still using their own delivery companies' accounts. We plan to release this new service before the end of the year.
We then plan to introduce a second stream of revenue once volume of aggregated delivery data is sufficient; the data will then be reformatted, repackaged and resold as corporate and industry intelligence.
Use of proceeds
The raise aim is twofold:
- To accelerate the development of the platform, its features and integrations
- To acquire and support new retailers
90% of the investment raised will be used to hire and employ people to expand trükl's capacity to achieve these two goals. The remaining 10% will mostly cover the server running costs, other services related to the running of the platform and other overheads.
Open an account to get access to the team members of trukl
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.