UK Work Study Ltd
We successfully reached our target of £50,000 on Seedrs on 13 December 2012 with 30 days remaining until the deadline, but unfortunately were denied SEIS Advanced Assurance by HMRC. HMRC has determined that UK Work Study commenced operations in January 2011. Consequently, they deemed us to have been trading for more than 2 years, which precludes investors from obtaining SEIS relief. While we believe that we technically did not start trading until later on in 2011, and are therefore within the 2 year trading limit, rather than engaging in a potentially long battle with HMRC and legal costs associated with such an approach, we and Seedrs have decided to cancel the previous listing and re-list as an EIS eligible company. This listing represents the new EIS eligible listing.
We wanted to update you on some of our commercial success since our last listing:
• Partnerships signed with UK NARIC and UK Work Study Packs fully integrated into their ecommerce site 27.1.13:
• Accommodation for Students.com, claim to be the World No.1 Student Accommodation Search Engine – partnership confirmed and UKWS profile live on their website:
• The national accrediting body for private post-16 education in the UK. Membership of which is over 300 in the UK of Private Colleges – contract signed and commercial roll out in discussion.
• We have been reviewing our supplier partners, and are currently in discussion with a major shipping and transport company and a global banking corporation. We target to be offering their services within the next 3 months, and working with them on a co-operative basis.
• Quest Guardians - provides guardianship services for parents living overseas and for their sons and daughters attending boarding schools in the UK – have signed up as a partner to promote the UK Study Pack to their customers.
New Product Development
1. Following discussions, we have developed a relationship with a provider of accommodation for overseas workers and gone live on their website with the intention of providing the full UK Work Pack to their customers. Further to this we have developed a Lite version of the UK Work Pack which they are currently proposing to two of their major clients who contract workers into the UK. We are targeting February as the start of the programme.
2. Currently in negotiation with a global multi-centre English language teaching provider who we have agreed to supply with our normal student pack. In addition we are finalising introducing a similar lite version of the UK Study Pack Intern version which would be supplied one of their major customers. Subsequently we would be marketing this pack to other organisations in this area.
Our aim is to help individuals get the essentials organised before they arrive in the UK - and take away the worry and stress that they or their family could otherwise feel when moving. We want them to feel comfortable and secure, and their family to know that they are safe. As parents ourselves - we understand how vital it is that you know your children are safe.
We aim to achieve this by partnering with many professional companies in the key areas of moving - so we can offer a complete service covering every aspect of living in the UK, and they can provide you directly with as much detail as possible about their products directly to the individual.
So we would supply what is essentially an 'Arrival Pack' for international students and workers relocating to the UK. The packs would be sent to customers prior to arriving in the UK and would include information, specialist help and practical advice for the relocation process.
We believe our products (UK Work Pack and UK Study Pack) make the move to the UK much easier than trying to arrange everything yourself. Our partners would cover the essentials of opening bank accounts, medical and travel insurance, shipping, visas, accommodation and other areas before the individual even arrives in the UK.
We would also provide eGuides - that would be full of practical advice covering all areas of living, studying and working in the UK.
Substantial accomplishments to date
We have established partnerships with reputable companies in the key areas of moving to the UK i.e. Lloyds Bank, Standard Bank, National Union of Students, SAT Worldwide (free international money transfer), Excess Baggage, UK NARIC, TaxBack, Charterhouse Group, British Accreditation Council and UKBA authorised visa companies. Many of these partners would be able to sell our products and services as well.
The founders have fully funded three web sites, two of which are e-commerce. We have also established distribution channels for both products ready for commercialisation.
We have established basic social media presence across all the key platforms ready for promotional activity by employing an intern.
We have contractual agreements with the majority of key suppliers for commission payable to UK Work Study on purchase of their own products or services.
The market for international students and workers, is worth billions to the UK every year.
We plan to achieve our sales revenue in three ways:
1. Direct pack sales through the two product websites.
2. Commission distribution agreements that have been signed with our strategic partners. They would promote our Packs and we would also receive commission on services that are bought from them by our customers.
3. Advertising and sponsorship revenue opportunities would arise once our web site traffic increases and we have grown and profiled our database.
Use of proceeds
We plan to use the funding on the following:
1. Website enhancements for registration and full SEO optimisation – webmaster
2. Employ a part time social media intern to promote us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other viral social platforms
3. Continue to identify new partners and products/services to enhance the product offering through specialist’s consultants
4. Use a digital media agency to drive an affiliate marketing programme
5. We have liaised with a European based marketing research organisation that will identify the major agents and distribution channels in our key target countries. These are the countries sending the most workers and students to UK
6. PR/Events/marketing collateral for internal use and partners
7. Legal, compliance, accountancy and fund raising fees
8. Hosting/selling fees/expenses/stationary
9. Serviced office/outsource
11. Selling expenses – paid Web advertising, prize competitions, directory entries
Any international student or worker moving to the UK for a period of more than 3 months.
Characteristics of target market
The UK education and training imports market is estimated to be worth over 14.1 billion for the UK economy - with a projection that this could rise as high as £26 billion by 2025.
In 2010 there were over 405,000 international students in the UK, and the market is growing at approx 7% p.a.
For workers: Estimated total long-term immigration to the UK in the year to December 2011 was 566,000. This compares to 591,000 in the year to December 2010 and has remained broadly at a similar level since 2004.
A research paper from the Dept for Business Innovation and Skills called 'Estimating the value to the UK of Education Exports June 2010 estimates that in 2008 - 09 tuition fee income to the UK was approximately £4 billion.
There are three websites, one each for UK Study Pack and UK Work Pack and a corporate site (UK Work Study) aimed at partners and supplier organisations.
The majority of our partners have agreed to promote us on their own sites through banner advertising, newsletters or a specialist international section within their website specifically for UK Work Study.
We intend to use social media extensively, and have started to establish relationships with some key organisations in both the student and worker market place.
We intend to use SEO services, and agree reciprocal links with our partners, carry out marketing communication projects such as eshots (for use with our own and our partners databases), online PR releases globally and have joint representation at major events run by our suppliers/partners.
We have over 30 years’ experience between the two directors in consulting and managing companies - and we feel that our relationships with our strategic partners reflect this.
Our product and service setup provides us with what we feel is a unique offering – it allows us to segment into 3 areas:
The Pack contents and the suppliers contained within that.
Our partners who offer a specialised service.
Organisations that have endorsed us and provide us with authority and respect.
We intend to continually improve the product offering and work pro-actively with our existing partners. However, funding would allow us to analyse new distribution channels in our target countries that send students and workers to the UK - and identify potential new suppliers and sales channels.
In addition, having set up the infrastructure we could now fully focus on marketing and sales activities, namely social media, Search Engine Optimisation, PR, newsletters, targeted email marketing campaigns, joint partner marketing and market research.
Our company philosophy is to support community based charities and 10% of our profits would go to the following two charities:
International Childcare Trust - works with local organisations in Africa & Asia to help protect children's rights & give vulnerable children back their childhood.
Fredericks Foundation, a UK based microloan foundation that helps disadvantaged people to set up, or expand their own business as a means to achieve financial independence while rebuilding their confidence and self-esteem for the benefit of themselves and their families.
Loading, please wait...