Van Hunks Drinks
Van Hunks is an exciting brand with a goal to break the mould of a tired Sparkling Wine market.
- Launched in UK and SA, with forecast £600k revenue in 2023
- Rave reviews from top publications Metro, & BBC Good Food
- 2,500 bottles sold in the past year
- Silver Medal Winners (87/100) of London Wine Competition
"Sparkling liquids charged with the natural beauty of Cape Town"
Van Hunks is a sparkling drinks brand launched to bring energy, excitement and disruption to a traditional category. The Van Hunks journey kicked off in 2020 with an exciting and modern Sparkling Mead, available in two flavours - a Sparkling Mead Brut and a Sparkling Brut Rosé.
In 2021 the Van Hunks Méthode Cap Classique's were released. This included a Méthode Cap Classique Brut and Méthode Cap Classique Brut Rosé from the Stellenbosch region that is renowned for its sparkling wine. These liquids are made in exactly the same way as Champagne, we believe it matches the quality without the same price tag.
“To break the mould of a staid sparkling category currently wrapped in a blanket of sameness.... Our vision is to be the brand that reinvigorates it, giving it renewed intrigue and excitement.”
We believe Van Hunks is the answer that the Sparkling category is craving.
Substantial accomplishments to date
And many more to come.....
We have three main sectors which generate revenue, we will also be focusing on a fourth (UK and South African On-Trade) following the raise.
- We work with a range of indepedents from Wine and Something to Nomad Wine. We believe they did a fantastic job at growing our brand's awareness. We aim to expand our network of independents over the next six months in both the UK and South Africa.
- We have sold through our webshop since January 2021 and will continue to develop our Amazon distribution channel following the raise.
- Van Hunks is already exported and sold in Germany, we will look to increase this distribution over the next six months.
- We plan to add Holland and one further European territory over the next six months
- In 2023 our aim is to seed the Van Hunks brand into the US market, where there is a huge appetite for Sparkling Wine. The approach will be one state at a time starting in California.
Use of proceeds
1. Sales resource – we aim to boost our sales team both in South Africa and the UK as we grow our presence in these markets. Our plan is for our team to have a good understanding of the market, and how to seed our brand into the right channels.
2. Digital ad spend – we plan to efficiently invest in this to grow our online presence. We believe Van Hunks is a brand that is built for the digital age, we need to make sure we invest in our digital strategy effectively and properly. Following the raise we will look to build on the digital platfrom that we have built to date.
3. Retail – investment to support the brand in multiple grocers, as we push for a listing in major retailers in both the UK and South Africa
4. New product development – we plan to release two exciting new products under the Van Hunks brand over the next 12 month period
The company has an outstanding director's loan totalling £40k that doesn't accrue interest.
The funds raised as part of this round will not be used to repay this loan.
SEIS tax relief
The company has the full £150k SEIS allocation available in this round. Any funds invested over £150k will be eligible for EIS tax relief.
The CEO, Tom is currently part time but will be going full time following a successful campaign. Matt is co-founder and winemaker and will remain part time after the round.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Van Hunks Drinks
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.