Shaking up the supplement industry with a delicious range of eco-friendly, plant-based gummy vitamins.
- 400% annual increase in monthly subscribers
- World Plant Award Winners 2020
- Launched 3 popular products
- Products 100% plastic-free and sustainable
Here at Vegums we’re all about creating a more sustainable world. Our products are Vegan Certified and our packaging is 100% plastic-free and biodegradable.
The vegan market is expanding rapidly. The number of vegans in the UK grew by 40% in 2020, and shows no sign of slowing down in 2021.
We know a plant-based diet is packed full of essential vitamins and minerals. However, some vitamins are difficult to get from plants, such as vitamin D, B12 & iodine. Our pharmacist co-founders tailored Vegums to perfectly complement your plant-based diet.
Since launching, we have seen huge growth through new products and a growing number of subscribers.
So why are we crowdfunding you ask?
We are now ready to take on investment for the next stage of growth for 2021
- International expansion (Germany and the US)
- New exciting range of products
- Expand from DTC to B2B
- See Vegums being sold in shops and online stores across the UK
Substantial accomplishments to date
In such a short space of time, we've achieved so much, and we're not showing any signs of slowing down!
In the last 12 months, we have:
• Increased our subscriber revenue by 400%.
• Doubled our Instagram followers. (www.instagram.com/vegums)
• Awarded the World Plant Based Award 2020 for Best Plant-Based Start-Up.
• Started to partner with new online companies such as TheVeganKind and Plastic Freedom to begin our expansion into retail distribution.
Since we started 2 years ago, we have:
• Grown rapidly from a team of 2 to a talented team of 13.
• Launched 3 popular products - with more in the pipeline!
• Reached over 15.7K Instagram followers which continues to grow.
• Achieved a global grade of 4.8/5 on TrustPilot.
• Gone from selling 1 pack of Vegums to over 9,000 a month to thousands of loyal, loving customers.
As the protection of our beautiful planet is one of our main objectives, we participated in ecological events such as the Great British Spring Clean (#trashtag) and are planning to organise a full beach clean up later this year.
In addition, we are donating to sustainable charities (e.g.: Greenpeace, Animal Aid, The Human League UK and Friends of the earth).
Around 65% of total revenue comes straight from our monthly subscribers, the remaining is through direct website sales and wholesale.
Our primary focus so far has been direct to customer sales through our website and subscription service. Due to high demand from retailers, we have now started our retail expansion plan to get our gummies into more online stores as well as brick and mortar retail up and down the UK.
In the last quarter of 2020, we launched our wholesale website to meet the growing demand for our products.
We are selling our products via through various shopping platforms such as The Vegan Kind Supermarket, Peace With The Wild, Amazon, Plastic Freedom, Student Beans as well as others.
Customers from all around the world are purchasing our vitamins. We have clients from the UK, Europe, Australia and the U.S.A. We have just established a subsidiary in Germany to pave the way for a full European expansion.
Use of proceeds
We believe we are in the perfect position to take advantage of a booming plant-based trend that shows no sign of slowing down.'Even with the terrible COVID pandemic, we’ve been geared up from day-1 to deliver Vegums straight to our customers’ door. Finally, we are ahead of the majority of our competitors when it comes to plastic-free packaging'
To take advantage of these exciting opportunities we need your help. We’re on Seedrs to fund:
New product development
We will be releasing an A-Z Multivitamin, delivering a special formula of essential vitamins for everyday health and wellbeing.
We're taking on more distribution staff and growing our marketing team.
Launch into new markets and countries
We are aiming to launch into Germany and the US, to take advantage of their growing vegan markets.
But perhaps more importantly, we’d love for you to join us on our mission to improve the well-being of thousands - and hopefully one day millions - of plant-based people around the world.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £29,000 Bounce-Back Loan (BBLS) from Santander UK plc. Entered into on 7th May 2020. Interest free for the first 12 months, during which time no payments are due. After the first 12 months interest will be 2.% per annum. The loan is to be repaid in 6 years or sooner, with no fee incurred.
2. £25,000 Start-up Loan from The Start Up Loans Company (a subsidiary of British Business Bank plc). Entered into on 6th July 2020. Fixed interest rate charged at 6% per annum. To be repaid in 5 years or sooner with no fee incurred.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Vegums
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.