Windsor & Eton Brewery
We’re an award-winning, Royal Warrant holding brewery on a mission to make beer Windsor's top attraction.
- Brewing over 1.4M pints each year
- Won over 70 international, national, and regional beer awards
- Holder of a Royal Warrant as Brewer to Her Majesty the Queen
- Great Beers and Great Bars for a Greater Good
Join us as WE Brew together.
Founded in 2010, we’ve spent the past 11 years building a very special and community-centered brewery. After years working for large corporations, we set out to bring craft brewing back to the heart of Windsor. Now, we are well on our way to making beer Windsor’s top attraction.
With decades of brewing expertise behind us, our beers have won over 70 international, national, and regional awards - and a Royal Warrant too!
We believe in great beer, great pubs, and being a force for good for our environment and the local communities we serve.
Substantial accomplishments to date
We’ve achieved a lot over the years, and this is just the start:
· Holder of a Royal Warrant as Brewer to Her Majesty the Queen
· Great Beers and Great Bars for a Greater Good
· Supporter of many local and regional charities and events
· Brewing almost 1.5M pints each year
· Winner of over 70 international, national, and regional beer awards
· Supplier to over 200 pubs, bars, and hotels
· Supplier of exclusive bottled beers to the House of Commons
· Supplier to London’s Shakespeare’s Globe
· Over £600,000 of direct sales to consumers through the brewery tap, shop, and home deliveries during 2020*
· Running 5 successful bars in and around Windsor, serving some of the town’s 7.6M visitors per year**
· Founder members of the London Brewers Alliance– bringing craft beer to Londoners and visitors alike
· Member of the Worshipful Company of Brewers
· Creators of the Windsor beer festival- now in its 5th year
· New 200m² taproom opening in summer 2021
*Based on unaudited management accounts
**See key information section regarding interests in bars/pubs - some of the interests are not 100% owned by Windsor & Eton or may be subject to revenue share arrangements
There are four ways in which we make money.
- On-Trade: We sell cask and keg beer to free trade pubs and pub companies, with a great reputation as a fair, reliable, and quality supplier.
- Off-Trade: We supply bottled beers to supermarkets, convenience stores, and off-licenses. With the planned purchase of a canning line, we will be expanding our offering to include 440ml cans for our Uprising range.
- Direct to Consumer: Combined sales from our brewery shop and online shop provide a consistent, reliable source of revenue, particularly from local consumers. We are constantly developing our online and on-site offerings.
- Pubs and Bars: Our pubs and bars play a vital role in our revenue stream. We are looking to rapidly expand our estate over the next 5 years, driving more growth and securing greater distribution opportunities for our beers.
Use of proceeds
Most of the proceeds from our target raise will be used to kickstart plans to grow our estate from our existing 5 venues to 20 by 2026. We’re looking to start with a major new bar in the heart of Windsor. It is a town with 7.6m visitor day trips, 600,000 visitor overnight trips per year, and where 65% of visitors come from the UK and 35% from overseas.
The remaining proceeds from our target raise will be used to buy our own canning line. Having a canning line on-site means our beers will be fresher and will allow us to can more small pilot brews for you to enjoy.
We have big plans in place for any additional funds raised – focusing on developing more new pubs and bars and driving our international sales.
The company has the following outstanding debt:
1. £250,000 CBILs loan from Natwest at an interest rate of 2.8% per annum. (Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan). Repayments of the loan will begin in October 2021, and will be paid in monthly instalments of c£4.8k per month over 5 years.
2. £100,000 CBILs loan from White Oak UK at an interest rate of 7% per annum. (Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan). Repayments of the loan will begin in October 2021, and will be paid in monthly instalments of c£2.7k per month over 4 years.
3. Two director loans:
(a) A loan of £58,000 with an accruing interest rate of 5% plus base rate per annum, with no set deadline for repayment.
(b) A loan of £125,000 which was used to purchase equity in The Swan pub. This loan will be accruing an interest rate of 5% plus base rate per annum from August 2021 (two years since The Swan opened). There is no set date for repayment on this.
4. The company also has a deferred VAT payment owed to HMRC from Q1 2020. The outstanding balance is currently £48,840, and is currently being repaid in £6k instalments each month.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay this debt.
The company holds an 80% stake in Webrew Taverns Limited, a legal entity that owns one pub in Eton. This company does not hold any relevant IP or trademarking that Windsor & Eton Brewing Company Limited relies upon.
Trading benefits from pubs
Windsor & Eton Brewing Limited, the investee company, (‘The Company’), is involved in running 5 pubs in and around Windsor. Please find below the overview of the business interest from each pub.
1. The Swan
- 25% owned by The Company
- 25% is owned by the Green Room School Foundation
- 50% is owned by 120 other investors
- All revenues and operations from this pub go to the Swan Clewer Community Interest Company
- The Company does not receive income from this pub, but will receive dividend payouts once paid from the 25% equity stake The Company holds.
2. The George
- This pub is leased, with 80% of the business benefit going to The Company
20% of the pub is owned by another shareholder
3. The Old Court Bar
- 100% of revenue is received by The Company. The company then pays the Landlord, The Old Court Community Interest Company, a percentage of revenue as rent.
4. Rose & Olive Branch
- Leased with 100% of revenue going towards The Company
5. Brewery Tap
- This is The Company's on site tap room at their brewery. 100% revenue goes to The Company
Please note, some of the arrangements around revenue share in relation to these trading interests have been agreed between parties but are not subject to formal contract arrangements. The directors of the Company see these interests as beneficial to the Company and they do provide a revenue stream, but are not considered a core part of the Company's assets.
As well as having shares in our business, we’ve created a series of rewards as a thank you for your support.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Windsor & Eton Brewery
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.