Wild & Stone
On a mission to make sustainable and stylish items the natural alternatives to commonly used plastics.
- 85+ products, sold on 6 leading marketplaces & 2 UK distributors
- £850k+ total revenue and 100k+ orders since launching in 2018*
- UK Eco Consumer spending est. to have grown to £98bn (2019)
- Fundraising to step change the business and grow market share
At Wild & Stone we are on a mission to make high-quality eco-friendly products that help create a healthier planet for future generations.
We do this by creating easy to adopt, usable and stylish alternatives to plastics. Such as bamboo toothbrushes and reusable steel razors.
Sustainability is the heart of our brand. Our products have traceable supply chains, so we can ensure they are created responsibly and sustainably in terms of both people and planet.
All products are priced fairly to reflect responsible sourcing and that people in our supply chains are paid above living wage.
We pride ourselves on our customer services, with a 30 day no quibble returns policy and for every order, we donate to the Marine Conservation Society.
Our founders have backgrounds in IT systems, customer intelligence, data and AI. We have used this experience, and passion for sustainable alternatives, to grow Wild & Stone into the position we’ve reached today, and we’d love you to join us on our mission.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- To date we have completed over 100,000 orders and have grown our range to include over 85 products.
- We’re listed on major marketplaces including Amazon, NOTHS, eBay, Wayfair and Etsy.
- We are also listed in two of the UK’s leading eco distributors and are currently in discussions with other national and international distributors.
- Over £850k revenue since launch*.
- Year on Year growth – We plan to achieve 40% growth between FY 20 & FY 21 while simultaneously increasing our net profit.
- We have seen 325% growth of our wholesale strategy between periods Q1 - Q2, 2021.
- Our products have been nominated for multiple Amazon choice awards, and one of Founders has been shortlisted for Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year, Southeast region at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards 2021.
- With top ranking listings and over 4.5 star review average across our product range on Amazon and a 5* ranking on our ETSY Store.
- Our products have been picked up by numerous publications including Vogue, The Times, Tatler, Elle, The Independent and many more!
- We partner with manufacturers who operate ethically, and we donate to the Marine Conservation Society for every order we receive.
- Our team has grown from four founders to 11 members who work across the world.
*Based on unaudited management accounts.
UK Ethical Consumer spending is estimated to have grown to £98bn in 2019, a 13% increase from 2018 and a 117% increase from 2010.
We are looking to grow our position in the market through a variety of channels:
Over 23.4% of our monthly orders come through direct customers. We offer a subscription service and loyalty points to engage our customers and drive-up repeat customer rates that currently sit at over 25%.
Selling on 3rd party marketplaces including Amazon, NOTHS, ebay, Wayfair and Etsy. We plan to continue to drive this channel by further optimising our marketing costs and by launching into new global regions.
Launched in December 2020, we currently work with over 400 active wholesalers and will continue to expand this channel through H2 2021 and beyond.
Currently working with 2 of the UK’s ethical product distributors. We are engaged in progressive discussions with further mass-market distributors both in the UK and globally.
Use of proceeds
The funds raised in this round will primarily be used to increase brand awareness, invest in stock and expand the product range. Brand Awareness:
Utilising digital marketing spend, PR, brand ambassadors and referrals we plan to increase our investment in these areas to further drive brand awareness, in turn benefiting sales through all our routes to market.
Product Line Expansion:
With established and growing routes to market, growing brand reputation and planned global expansion we plan to invest in R&D, increase our current product range and increase the level of inventory we currently hold.
Use of Funds Breakdown:
· 15% - Boost Advertising Spend across Social, PPC and Amazon
· 20% - Expand team with additional Sales, Marketing & PR to fuel growth
· 25% - Bring an additional 20 new products to market (H2 2021)
· 10% - Invest in R&D research for 2022 and beyond
· 20% - Increase stock levels
· 10% - Invest in Wild & Stone Warehouse
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £50,000 Bounce Back Loan from Natwest with repayment starting in June 2021. The loan is to be repaid in monthly instalments, with the final repayment being made on 21/05/2030.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
SEIS / EIS tax relief
Please note that the company has £120,194 left of their SEIS allocation. £70,000 of the investment reflected in the campaign is not eligible for SEIS, so investment up to £190,194 in this round will be SEIS eligible and will be offered to investors on a first come first serve basis. The investment made after £190,194 has been reached will be EIS eligible.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Wild & Stone
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.