Empowering the next generation to take control of their financial futures via themed micro-investing.
- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
We want to improve the financial habits of a generation of millennials by breaking down the barriers to traditional investing.
Wombat makes investing easy. Open a FREE account in minutes and get started with just £10. Choose from a range of carefully selected themed funds that includes companies such as Netflix, Google, Tesla, and Amazon.
Customers can create a personal portfolio that reflects their lifestyle, interests, and beliefs. They can save as they spend through automatic ‘round-up’ and auto-invest functionality so they can seamlessly integrate good financial habits into their lives.
Wombat is free to use for customers up to the account value of £1,000, with free unlimited trading and custody.
We are launching individual fractional UK shares in the coming weeks and planning our launch into Europe within the next year.
Our goal is to be a global curated investment platform for the next generation with millions on our platform in the next 5 years.
Customers can choose from a range of carefully selected themes that reflect your lifestyle, interests, and beliefs.
Wombat - Effortless Investing for Everyone.
We believe people around the world want to improve their financial circumstances, but the misconceptions of the market, complexity and lack of education prevents people from accessing many opportunities. We created Wombat, an accessible thematic investment platform to solve this.
Studies have shown there are millions of millennials who are ready to start investing but don’t know how. The problems are:
Confusion - People don’t know what to invest in, or how to get started.
Price - People feel investing is expensive.
Time - People feel it takes a lot of time to start investing.
Our solution will improve the financial habits of a generation of millennials in the UK, Europe and beyond.
Substantial accomplishments to date
• We’ve got 12,500 users already!
• Performing above market standards for monthly and weekly active engagement on the platform.
Whilst we’ve also been busy achieving the following;
• Raised a total of £260k to date. Including £210k from crowdfunding which enabled us to launch our fully-fledged app that was released on both iOS and Android stores.
• Launched the app in the summer of 2019.
• We’re part of the FinTech Alliance community.
• Been nominated as best Newcomer for the Robo Investing Awards.
• We’re on the Natwest Accelerator FinTech programme.
• Received positive coverage in The Times, Moneywise, AltFi and The Daily Mail’s This is Money.
Wombat is free to use until the user’s account value reaches £1,000. After that, we charge £1 per month plus 0.45% of the value of their investments. This pricing model will mean that everyone will be able to start investing for their future, no matter what their income level is. This then allows us to convert freemium users into paying customers as they build confidence and gain experience investing.
A main priority for us is to be one of the first companies of this kind to execute internationally, with plans to enter Europe and Australia within the next 3 years, so the volume of available potential users will also play a role in our monetization strategy.
We also plan to add more products and features along the way, which will include premium subscriptions, Junior ISAs, and retirement accounts.
Use of proceeds
User acquisition - We will continue to build our customer base and fulfil our growth strategy with a significant increase in marketing spend to drive customer growth.
Product Development - Increased app development spend to cater for the following;
- Referral program to further drive customer growth and investment on the platform.
- Promo codes through marketing partnerships.
- Instant Payments - Integration with Apple and Android pay.
- New Funds - Launching a range of additional themes in the Wombat portfolio.
Customer Experience - Continue our mission to educate our customers about investing and grow our community of first-time investors.