Yayzy is a fintech platform helping individuals and businesses calculate & offset their carbon footprint.
- Built incredible tech to track carbon footprint from payment data
- Released beta app, 26% weekly growth, 2.9 daily sessions per user
- Received interest from 3 banks interested in using our B2B APIs
- Received an acquisition interest. Impact investing coming soon
Please note that whilst the campaign is labelled as EIS eligible the Company has £150,000 remaining of its SEIS limit. We will, therefore, be looking to seek SEIS relief on the first £150,000 invested into the campaign, with the balance being EIS eligible. Any tax relief is dependent on personal circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
We’ve built revolutionary technology that calculates carbon footprint using payment data and are helping individuals and customers at other businesses act against climate change.
The YAYZY app automatically tracks the carbon footprint of your daily spending, helps you instantly make up for it using carbon offsets, and guides you towards more sustainable choices.
Soon you would also be able to invest in companies that actively fight climate change.
For businesses, we offer plug and play APIs so they too can help their customers understand and offset their individual carbon footprint.
By connecting spending to its impact on the planet, we can shift the use of money from high carbon to low carbon and accelerate the transition to a new era of sustainability and responsibility.
Our vision is to make sustainability easy to integrate into daily life by creating a universe of financial products centred around sustainability so you can automatically unlock positive environmental impact.
Substantial accomplishments to date
In just 9 months since YAYZY was incorporated, we’ve:
• Raised £120k pre-seed
• Registered with the FCA and launched the beta App
• Experiencing 26% organic week-on-week growth only driven by referrals
• Our users log in to the app an average of 2.91 times per day
• Rated an 8.1 on 10 on Trendhunter
• #4 product of the day on ProductHunt
• Are in conversation with 3 major banks interested in using our technology
• Won the UK AIM 2020 Competition.
• Received an acquisition interest
We’re building a strong B2B2C model with multiple routes to market including with banks and other financial institutions. We've formed a strong partnership directly with our offset provider and receive free offsets to use for promotional purposes.
YAYZY is supported by the Mayor of London, London and Partners, the UK Government's Global Entrepreneurship Program, Dauphine University, and Antler.
As one of our most notable achievements, we’ve created an engaged community of almost 1500 individuals. We’ve kept our customers at the centre right from the beginning and formed a slack channel with our beta users to take feedback every step of the way.
We’ve built detailed plans on how we build our investment platform and are taking regular help from our advisor Bart Kuijpers– the MD of a leading asset management firm.
We continue to make excellent progress, build the foundational technology to navigate the new era of sustainability and power it in other businesses.
The YAYZY app users have the choice to buy carbon offsets on the go or get a subscription to become climate positive. We have a transparent business model. A flat fee of £1.50 per tonne of carbon offsets sold. This incentivises us to bring down the cost of the offsets and keeps our community and customers happy.
For other banks and fintechs, we charge a fee per active connected account per month for the carbon footprint calculation API and take a flat fee per tonne of carbon offsets sold.
When we introduce impact investments, we will charge a fee on the Assets Under Management on our impact investment platform.
We aim to attract customers at a very low CAC, while enjoying a high LTV, and introduce them to other products that we build.
We will not sell our customer's data.
The YAYZY app will always be free to use. We want to remove barriers so millions of individuals worldwide can understand their environmental impact and collectively steer towards a low carbon future.
Use of proceeds
We are raising to give us runway for at least a year and reach 20,000 customers.
This runway would be used to prove our key metrics, iterate the technology and offering, and strengthen our B2B proposition.
Our KPIs are:
• Launch the Android App
• Convert 25% of users to subscriptions
• Test our customer acquisition cost and keep it under £5, in line with our early tests
• Introduce gamification, to further drive retention and engagement
• Onboard at least two B2B customers
Finally, we want to launch a redefining impact investing product, so that you can grow your money whilst supporting companies that fight climate change.
The company currently has 2 classes of shares; A shares and Ordinary shares. All investors in this round, including Seedrs investors, will be receiving Ordinary shares.
- Held by the institutional investor from last round.
- Full voting rights
- Non-participating preference on liquidation and on exit: A shareholders will first receive their initial investment amount before any further proceeds are distributed between ordinary shareholders up to the preference amount received by A shareholders. Any remaining proceeds will then be distributed to all shareholders pro-rata.
- Full voting rights
- No preference rights
Open an account to get access to the team members of Yayzy
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.