We are on a mission to become the #1 nut butter brand in the UK. There's yummy, then there's Yumello.
- Annual Sales growth of +180% YoY*
- Listed in Ocado, Booths, Holland and Barrett and Amazon
- All our products are vegan, palm-oil free and made in the UK
- An established DTC model with triple digit Yr/Yr growth
Inspired by our travels through Morocco and the traditional Berber spread eaten in the Atlas Mountains, we’ve created a delicious and exciting range of nut butters.
All Yumello products are vegan, free from palm oil, gluten, dairy and refined sugar, with no artificial ingredients, and made in CO2 neutral facilities in the UK. Our award-winning nut butters are aimed at consumers who care about quality, sustainability and innovation.
The total UK sweet spreads category is worth over £520M - nut butter is the fastest-growing within sweet spreads, and it's now bigger than jam!
Purchasing habits are changing; consumers are better educated on health and the sustainability credentials of the products they buy. We believe that the category isn't responding fast enough as established companies focus on traditional products.
Finding a gap in the market has delivered strong growth (average of over 180% YoY, 2019-2021) and we are on a mission to become the #1 premium nut butter brand in the UK.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Yumello has experienced significant growth over the last 12 months, with both financial and key customer metrics continuing to see excellent Yr/Yr gains.
Key highlights are:
· Average +180% revenue growth every year since launch (2019-2021)*
· Built a loyal and highly engaged fan base of over 25,000 followers across our socials and newsletter
· Winner of Great Taste Awards and Great Taste Producer Award
· Our production is carbon neutral
· We help empower Berber women in rural Morocco by sourcing our argan oil directly from our female-led partner co-operative Targanine.
· Listed in Ocado, Booths, Holland and Barrett and Amazon
· In talks with 2 of the big 5 supermarkets
· Listed with 5 major UK distributors
· Raised £240k to date from an exceptional team of investors including the founders of Orchard Pig, Majestic Wines and Pets at Home
· Regularly in top 10 best selling peanut butters/almond butters on Amazon UK
· Featured in Metro, Women's Health Magazine, The Daily Mail, National Geographic, Sheerluxe Madeleine Shaw's Top Picks, and many more
*Based on unaudited management accounts.
Yumello’s multi-channel distribution strategy aims to deliver diversified revenue growth by selling our range across all key channel verticals.
We supply Ocado, Holland & Barrett, Booths, specialist health stores, wholesale, foodservice and export. We also sell directly to customers through Yumello.com and Amazon UK.
Moving forward, we plan to expand distribution further and grow our direct-to-consumer sales by improving our online user experience, building loyalty and basket spend with exciting new products.
We aim to accelerate growth through increasing awareness and driving trial amongst key audiences via new listings across all verticals.
1. Direct to Multiples (grocers)
2. Direct to Independents and Indirectly through Wholesalers
3. Direct-to-consumer (through Yumello.com and Amazon)
4. Food service into kitchens, coffee shops, sports clubs, and restaurants
Use of proceeds
With strong foundations already built, a great proven product that customers love, a reliable supply chain and passionate and focused team, we plan to use your investment for three core areas to help us grow. These areas are:
1. Growing our team;
2. Growing further our e-commerce channels and marketing;
3. Moving to glass jars & launching some exciting new products.
All investors in this round are receiving the same class of share as our lead investor.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
The company has the following loans:
A Director's Loan of £18,000 with 0% interest. Currently there is no repayment agreement in place for this loan.
A Bounce Back Loan with £25,925.92 outstanding at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid by May 2030.
A loan from SWIG Finance with £16,483.23 outstanding at an interest rate of 12.1%. The loan is due to be repaid in September 2023.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Yumello
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.