A Hoppy Place
A Hoppy Place, multi-award winning craft beer retailer and micropub, is expanding! And we need your help.
- Opened site 1 August 2019.
- Twice SWM Camra Pub Of The Year (2021, 2022)
- SIBA UK Craft Beer Retailer of the year (2021 win, 2022 finalist)
- Expanding into site 2 - June opening date!
A Hoppy Place is twice SWM Camra pub of the year and twice finalist in SIBA (the UK's largest independent brewery trade body)'s business awards, winning the independent beer retailer of the year award in 2021 against very stiff opposition.
Our first site in Windsor, established in 2019 by husband and wife team Naomi and Dave Hayward has been supplemented by a strong online business, the cornerstone of our pandemic existence.
We are a craft beer micropub and bottleshop - offering drink in, take away, click and collect and nationwide delivery of craft beer in cask, keg, bottle and can as well as small batch spirits, ciders, and locally sourced wines.
We believe that craft beer is for everyone, and the key to our success is our community first approach. A lot of our customers are our friends. And now we want to make new friends in our second site: Maidenhead.
Substantial accomplishments to date
· July 2019, set up keg bar at local Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead CAMRA's annual beer and cider festival, having convinced the committee to embrace craft
· Opened Aug 2019 - with trade and public launches. Website as basic ‘about us’ and history page, no online business. Key goal to focus on local chimney pots, make friends and build a community
· February 2020 – The pandemic hits. Co-owner Dave quickly launches e-Commerce platform, launches local deliveries
· March 2020 – Online ‘virtual pub’ events and online beer festivals hosted throughout lockdown
· Through 2020 we reopened, closed again, offered ‘substantial scotch eggs’ and generally stayed as open as we could! Whilst hugely pushing the online business
· Feb 2021 – Announced as finalist in SIBA Independent Business Awards for a Single Retailer.
· Mar 2021 – Announced as SWM CAMRA pub of the year for the first time, based on the strength of our virtual platform and online events
· Mar 2021 – Also announced as SIBA UK Craft Beer Retailer of the year
· Apr 2021 – Offer made on Maidenhead Premises
· December 2021 – Lease fully agreed in Maidenhead premises, fit out approved in principle
· Feb 2022 – Announced as finalist in SIBA awards for second consecutive year
· Mar 2022 – Announced as SWM CAMRA pub of the year for second consecutive year
· April 2022 – Works begin on Maidenhead shop fit out..
A Hoppy Place operates a 'tap tasting room' / micropub which is a completely untied and fiercy independant in nature.
Revenue in Windsor, a very small (c. 20 seated covers internally, 12 externally) premises has remained stable in Windsor through 2020 and 2021. This was primary due to our webchannel of course - owing to lockdown taking away other opportunities for revenue.
Our reaction to the pandemic, pivoting to off-sales nationwide delivery, maintained our liquidity through the pandemic.
It is now an extra sales channel to take forward, meaning we make money in 4 ways...
Bricks and Mortar:
On-trade draught sales in Windsor (and soon Maidenhead) as a micropub ('tap tasting room')
Off-trade draught sales via growler and can (We fill cans onsite!)
On and off trade sales of bottle and can as a bottleshop.
Online e-commerce via a mature scalable sales platform initially developed in response to the pandemic
Use of proceeds
All of the funds being raised will be used to directly build the Maidenhead site. If we over fund, these monies will be held to provide liquidity to the overall business.
The Maidenhead site is an exciting, brand new "shell and core" building.
And is costed as below:
The site design will pull touches from what we have delivered in Windsor, but leaning in to the shell and core style of the unit we have rented. Sample mood boards are below:
It'll look a lot different to the below soon enough, with your help!
The company has a Bounce back loan of £45,018.51 with a 2.5% interest rate, to be repaid over monthly instalments of £928.88 until 6th November 2026 and a private Bounce back loan of ££61,706 with a 9.9% interest rate, to be repaid over monthly instalments of £1,163.96 until 24th February 2027.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans.
The company currently has 2 classes of shares; Founder class shares and A Shares pre-raise.
All investors in this round, including Seedrs investors, will be receiving A Ordinary shares. Ordinary shares shall rank equally with Founder shares in terms of voting, capital on winding up and dividends, the only difference being that Founder shares entitle the Founders to receive special preferential dividends in lieu of salary (the amount of which is capped at market salary rates).
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of A Hoppy Place
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.