Augmentum Fintech - IPO
Part of a £100m IPO for a new fintech focused venture fund listed on the London Stock Exchange
- London, United Kingdom
Categories: Finance & Payments Digital Mixed B2B/B2C
This campaign is different from most Seedrs campaigns in several ways. Please read this important information before making an investment:
Prospectus: The company has published a Prospectus, which is available in the Documents section of the campaign (together with several other documents). The Prospectus contains detailed information about the company, and you should read it in full when considering whether to make an investment.
Holding Your Shares: If you make an investment, you will have a choice as to whether you wish to hold your shares in the company through your own broker or through Seedrs. Please read the “Fees and Process” section below for details on the process and fees for each of these options.
UK Investors Only: Under the rules set by the managers of this IPO, investment is available only to UK residents. If your account with us indicates that you are a non-UK resident, please do not invest in this campaign, as your investment will be rejected.
£1,000 Minimum: Under the rules set by the managers of this IPO, the minimum investment is £1,000.
Scaledown: In the event that Seedrs's application for shares as part of the Intermediaries Offer is not accepted in full, the scaledown process for each investor will be determined by the IPO's managers. Note that this process may or may not be the same as Seedrs's usual first-come, first-served approach.
Augmentum Fintech plc, a newly established closed-ended investment company, announces its intention to launch an initial public offering to issue a target of 100 million ordinary shares in the capital of the company at an issue price of £1.00, with a maximum issue size of 125 million shares. An investment in the Company will enable investors to gain exposure to a focused portfolio of fast growing and/or high potential private financial services technology businesses based predominantly in the UK and wider Europe to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns for shareholders.
The Company will invest in early stage (but not seed stage, where the risk profile of investments is considered to be higher) and later stage fintech businesses which have high growth potential in scalable sectors. These opportunities will predominantly be focused on disruptive technologies in the banking, insurance and asset management sectors, as well as other cross-industry propositions.
This campaign is to provide Seedrs investors the opportunity to invest and take part in the IPO alongside institutional investors. Further information can be accessed by downloading the prospectus, the Intention to Float and the retail flyer (please refer to the Documents section).
• Experienced and entrepreneurial Management Team with a strong track record in fintech venture capital generating 19% per annum since inception*
• £2.7 million will be invested by the Management Team and £10 million by RIT Capital Partners plc, the FTSE-listed investment trust in which Jacob Rothschild and family are substantial investors
• Focused strategy to invest in fast growing and/or high potential private fintech companies in the UK and wider Europe
• Initial portfolio of assets currently valued at approximately £33.3 million as at 31st December 2017 to be acquired conditional upon admission; including an investment in Zopa, Interactive Investor and Seedrs
• The Management Team sees the opportunity to capitalise on the lower valuations of early stage businesses in Europe, as compared to the US, resulting from lower levels of capital at key stages of a company’s growth
• The Management Team consults with an advisory panel of individuals with significant industry expertise, including Edward Wray, co-founder of Betfair
• Through the Management Team's existing industry relationships, the company expects to be able to benefit from access to an identified pipeline of assets currently in excess of £100 million
* Fintech track record refers to track record of Augmentum Capital I LP between 2010 – 2017 based on internal calculations using audited accounts. IRR 16.5% net of fees. Past performance is not a guarantee to future performance.
Fees and Process
The fees that will be charged by the company, both in connection with this IPO and subsequently, are set forth in the Prospectus.
The fees that you will pay as an investor will depend upon how you wish to hold your shares. Shortly after the investment is completed, you will receive a questionnaire by email asking if you want to hold your shares through your own broker:
• If you say yes, and provide us with all the required information about your broker within 30 days, we will transfer your shares to your designated brokerage account.
o There will be a one-time fee of £30 to make this transfer, but we will not charge you our carry or any other fees (although your broker may charge you additional fees).
o Please note that the transfer process may take up to a month after you submit your questionnaire, although we will aim to complete it significantly faster.
o You will not be able to sell your shares while the transfer is pending.
• If you say no, or if you do not complete the questionnaire in 30 days, Seedrs will hold your shares as nominee, just as we do for most investments on our platform.
o If you wish to sell your shares at any point, we will instruct our broker to do so, and the broker will charge a dealing fee. You can see information on current dealing fees here (https://www.seedrs.com/learn/help/what-fees-doe...), but these are subject to change. We will also charge our usual 7.5% carry on any profits you make after the broker’s fee.
o Likewise, if you wish to transfer your shares to your own broker, there will be a transfer fee (which is likely to be in the range of £30, but it may be more), and we will charge our 7.5% carry based on the company’s share price at the time of transfer.
o Please note that sales or transfers will not be immediate and in some cases may take up to a month (or longer, if there is insufficient market liquidity).
o We do not expect that the company will be eligible for trading on the Seedrs Secondary Market.
By making an investment in this campaign, you are explicitly acknowledging and accepting the fee structure and process described above.
The team responsible for managing the fund’s portfolio of investments includes Tim Levene who is also a Seedrs board director.
Augmentum Fintech plc will, subject to the admission to London Stock Exchange, hold an interest in Seedrs, which could represent a potential conflict of interest. Seedrs will not directly benefit from your participation in this offer.
The information in this campaign is only directed at, and for viewing by, persons located in the United Kingdom.
The information in this campaign does not constitute an offer, or an invitation to purchase, securities of Augmentum Fintech plc. (the “Company”) in the United States of America (the “United States”), Canada, Australia or Japan or in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom and must not be transmitted or otherwise sent to any person in those jurisdictions or any other territory where to do so would breach applicable laws or regulations. None of the Company, the Investment Adviser, nor Fidante Partners Europe Limited accept any responsibility for any contravention of applicable securities laws and regulations by persons as a result of false information provided by such persons.
The Company’s securities cannot be offered or sold in the United States without registration under the US Securities Act of 1933, as amended, (the “Securities Act”), except pursuant to an exemption from or in a transaction not subject to the registration requirements of the Securities Act. The Company has not registered, and does not intend to register, any of its securities under the Securities Act or to conduct a public offering of securities in the United States.
By clicking the “INVEST” button above, you warrant that you are located in the United Kingdom and you are not a resident of, or physically present in, the United States and you agree that you will not transmit or otherwise send any of the information to which this gateway gives access to persons outside the United Kingdom, including to any persons in the United States or to publications with a general circulation in the United States.
No offer or invitation to purchase securities in any jurisdiction is being made by the Company and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Company disclaims any liability or responsibility to actual or potential investors who invest in securities of the Company pursuant to the offer by the Company.
The Market Opportunity
• Financial services sector is ripe for disruption; yet to happen in the significant way that has been seen in other sectors such as retail and travel
• UK is at the centre of this disruption due to several factors, including pragmatic regulation and sector "DNA"
•The substantial demand for post-seed venture capital funding in the European fintech market is creating an equity gap
• The Management Team will use its expertise, experience and networks in the fintech sector to actively drive value creation in its investee companies, stimulating growth, and positively influencing future financing and exits
• The Company’s focus on fast growing and/or high potential private fintech companies offers a targeted investment into a sector that investors find difficult to successfully access
Target Fintech Sub-Sectors
• The sector continues to be disrupted by fintechs, and although sizeable companies are being created, their actual penetration is still small, with significant growth still to come over the coming years
• The traditional bank is now being unbundled by dynamic, data driven and tech focused fintechs who are deploying models that allow more innovative, simple and transparent ways for consumers to engage with their finances
• High fees, poor returns, low tech solutions and bloated service delivery chains have made this area fertile ground for new challengers to exploit
• While historic customer inertia to switching has allowed existing players to hold on to their market share, this will no longer hold sway as fintechs continue to develop cheaper, more efficient and customer friendly platforms, with some building compelling track records of performance
• Although the insurance industry has been slow to disrupt, there is now a wave of innovative businesses looking to capitalise on an industry often described as being in the Stone Age
• Some disruptive insuretechs are starting to price risk more effectively as well as looking to usurp existing players entirely with new customer propositions and more innovative approaches to underwriting
• There are a number of opportunities that by their disruptive nature do not fit neatly into the existing framework
• In many cases technology is allowing the retail investor to access asset classes and opportunities that previously were unavailable to them
Loading, please wait...