Making it easier for consumers to shop locally and sustainably.
- Experienced founder team with digital media strategy backgrounds
- Agreements with over 80 independent British brand partners
- Live and transactional e-commerce platform, with an ATV of £80
- Expert advisory board including former World of Books Chairman
BritYard is an online department store that exclusively partners with independent British brands, with ambitious plans to take on the retail giants
Our aim is to create the world's most comprehensive collection of independent British brands, making it easier for consumers to find local, high quality alternatives to mainstream brands, whilst raising the profile of the incredible array of designers and producers based across the UK.
We want to redefine what it means to ‘buy British’ by working with founders from a diverse range of backgrounds, all united by their collective ethos to produce sustainable and environmentally-conscious products.
BritYard will strive to bridge the gap between consumer and creator through the publication of high quality written, audio and video content, telling the stories of independent British brands and the real people behind them.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Since inception, the business has been entirely bootstrapped and managed by the Founder team who have made significant progress in a short timeframe to launch a live and transactional retail platform ready for the next phase of growth.
- Between January and April 2021 the team designed, built and launched a user-friendly e-commerce website, incorporating key features including search & filter functionality and product personalisation
- To date, over 80 independent British brands have joined the BritYard platform, offering 10,000+ product SKU’s across a growing and diverse catalogue
- Our compelling proposition has attracted a range of premium independent British brands, some of which otherwise stocked in major retailers including; Harrods, Fortnum & Mason, Selfridges, John Lewis and Ocado
- BritYard has been built with a highly automated and scalable backend system with the ability to directly integrate with all major e-commerce platforms via an API removing many manual operational processes
- Enabling fast product onboarding with continuous background pricing and inventory syncing, whilst seamlessly automating order notifications, shipping, returns and payments
- Partnered with Klarna - the leading buy now, pay later consumer payments solution
- Partnered with Awin - the global affiliate marketing network
- Our launch attracted industry press coverage validating BritYard as the first online luxury department store to exclusively partner with independent British brands
Over £185bn is projected to be spent online in the UK in 2021, with e-commerce now representing nearly 40% of total retail sales - a figure that is projected to keep on growing.
We currently generate all revenue through B2C sales on BritYard.com, a curated and fully managed marketplace platform with a standard commission rate of 24%. Our average transaction value since launch is £80 reflecting the premium nature of products sold.
However, in future we have wide ranging plans to diversify our revenue base to include both B2C and B2B income streams such as;
- Subscription-based revenue streams (e.g. Premium Delivery, British Wines & Spirits Club, Beauty Box)
- Physical retail sales via BritYard pop-ups located in major UK hubs
- British brand wedding gift registry service
- Introduction of BritYard Vintage, selling second-hand products from British brands
- Provision of content and marketing services to independent British brands
- BritYard.com home page and product category sponsorship
- Wholesale and corporate sales via a dedicated commercial brokerage service
Use of proceeds
Our current proposition is just the tip of the iceberg, we have ambitious plans to make BritYard a mainstream online retail destination and this investment help us accelerate growth by being spent in the following areas;
Content Marketing - Utilising our publishing experience we'll mobilise and manage a pool of freelance journalists to create high-quality content with the goal of building a highly engaged audience that will drive organic web traffic to BritYard.com.
Digital Marketing - We will invest in working with best-in-class digital marketers with a track record of supporting the growth of e-commerce businesses such as MADE.com, Bloom & Wild and Simba.
e-Commerce Support - Invest in BritYard e-commerce management including email marketing and customer services. Frontend design upgrades to improve key website features and functionality.
Other - The remaining investment raised will be used to support day-to-day operational and salary costs.
So what do you get when you invest in BritYard?
FIRSTLY you get a passionate team working for you.
SECONDLY you get an investment in an ambitious e-commerce start-up.
THIRDLY you will recieve these exclusive shareholder benefits.
Open an account to get access to the team members of BritYard
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.