The Spotify of Financial Content disrupting the £25b market led by Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, Crunchbase
- Clients: eToro, BNP Paribas, IEX Cloud, Seedrs, $1t asset manager
- Disrupting £25b financial content market with Big Data and AI
- Paywall-free content from Forbes, Economist, and 1,000 others
- Malta six-figure, non-dilutive R&D grant, €1m soft loan eligible
Data is valuable, especially structured data. We leverage Big Data and machine learning to structure financial data, generate analytics, extract insights, and deliver personalised data in 50+ languages, then clients use the data for internal teams or externally for their own users.
We’re disrupting the £25 billion market with automation, long-tail coverage, and unrestricted access to our data via API and web at reasonable prices.
In our view, many incumbents have been slow to react to AI, automation, APIs, and Big Data. With this tech, our users can monitor investments, do due diligence, manage knowledge.
Our share price has climbed as we have demonstrated product and revenue traction. The below graph is based on share prices paid by investors in each previous fundraise since the company was founded. Therefore, the figures refer to the past and past performance is not an indicator of future results. Investments may be EIS eligible, but tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and is subject to change.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Notable clients include eToro, BNP Paribas, IEX Cloud, a Fortune 500 company, Seedrs, WiseAlpha, and several others around the world, representing diverse industries from financial services to brokers and data providers.
We have built a strong core team that have worked together for over five years:
Our API appears in the Top 10 on Google in major markets, including in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Japan, and Israel for the B2B keywords 'financial news API'.
BNP Paribas and Seedrs say why they work with us:
We've pitched from an ice hole to support the business, too!
We process millions of stories in real-time in 50+ languages from 13k+ publications, with paywall-free and non-public content from 1000+ publications, including Economist, Washington Post, Xinhua News, Yonhap News, and more.
Clients have integrated our API publicly and internally:
Derived analytics, generated by our in-house algorithms tweaked for business and finance, include sentiment and summaries. These analytics provide a channel to deeper research and save time by emphasising only the most important points.
Our filings service covers filings for public and private companies globally - LSE RNS filings, the US SEC, and global companies houses. Never again miss filings that could impact your investments or business, like a company fundraise or bankruptcy.
Understand price movements better with News on Charts:
Our 13 Value Investing Meetups educate the 6700 members and provide a channel for feedback and suggestions: https://www.bit.ly/33x2PPW
We’ve received many awards and recognition - https://www.cityfalcon.com/press
We currently focus on 2 key streams of revenue:
1. API licensing fees - Monthly recurring fee or revenue share for licensing our curated content and tech, used internally or white-labelled. eToro, BNP Paribas, Seedrs, IEX Cloud, WiseAlpha, Intellibonds, a Fortune 500 company, and several others from around the world are already using the API. Plans: https://www.bit.ly/32EUcDS
2. Premium subscriptions - low-cost plans that offer select non-public and paywall-free content from 1000+ publications (https://bit.ly/3gYPqaC), filings and alternative data, offline researching, archive search, and curated Tweets. Targets are retail and prosumer users. Plans: https://www.bit.ly/2RE3JV2
Future revenue opportunities include fees for licensing of our NLP technology (e.g. content summarisation, sentiment scoring, entity detection) to manage and curate client internal content, historical structured data sets, specialised private company insights, pay-per-view options, and affiliate fees.
Use of proceeds
We remain lean with an annual net burn of circa £530k in FY 2021-2022 (based on unaudited management accounts), even with a team of ~40 employees, data licensing costs and processing and storage costs of data.
Not only will raised money be used for the people and technology at CityFALCON, our two pillars of strength, but also advertising & marketing costs and Premium content (someone has to pay the paywalls).
Also, we commit the following to our investors: Monthly updates; proper cash flow management; staying lean; breaking even and become self-sustainable; complete transparency.
Certain additional rewards for early or large investments - more at https://www.cityfalcon.com/help/articles/360004...
1 Month Free Trial of Silver:
Coupon voucher code: SEEDRSSILVER2022
Valid until 30 June 2022
To use the code:
1) Sign in or register at https://www.cityfalcon.com.
2) Go to https://www.cityfalcon.com/pricing.
3) Click the “Start free trial” button at the bottom of the Silver 1 month plan.
4) You’ll be redirected to the checkout page.
5) Here click on “Apply Coupon”, enter the coupon code SEEDRSSILVER2022, and click on the arrow.
6) Proceed to the regular checkout.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company and listed above. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
CityFALCON has the following outstanding debts.
1. A Bounce Bank Loan - £33,500.
This loan was taken out on the 22nd of May 2020 and after a 12-month holiday accrues interest from 22 May 2021 at 2.5%, repayable over 6 years (2027).
2. A Directors loan of £7,990 with no interest rate or repayment date attached.
3. A Discretionary employee loyalty bonuses - £36,740. CityFALCON awards loyalty bonuses for employees who complete 5 years with the company.
4. Held salaries of £2,708 in relation to the Ukraine crisis.
Some Ukrainian employees have requested that CityFalcon delay salary payments to their bank accounts in Ukraine until the conflict resolves.
The funds from this round will not be used to repay these loans. The debts will be repaid over time from the revenues generated.
Future Fund Convertible
The company has a Future Fund Convertible Loan Agreement which may convert to equity on completion of this round. Please note, it is not certain when conversion will occur, and therefore this loan has not been factored into the pre-money calculation of this campaign and will cause future dilution.
The key details of the convertible loans are below:
- Principal: £603,480
- Interest rate: 8%
- Discount: 20%
- Valuation Cap: £10,500,000
- Maturity date: 30/11/2023
Depending on the amount raised, this equity round may constitute a Qualified Financing (raise of at least £603,480) or a Non-Qualified Financing (raise of less than £603,480) and trigger conversion as follows:
- Qualified Financing - automatic conversion
- Non-Qualified Financing -
a) If raise is > £150,870 (25% of Principal) - conversion at the election of the Lender Majority. Seedrs investors constitute the majority in this case.
b) If raise is < £150,870 (25% of Principal) - conversion at the election of the Lender Majority and Future Fund.
In all events, the shares will convert as follows:
- Conversion price: the lower of (a) the lowest price per share issued in the round reduced by the discount and (b) the valuation cap. No discount applies to conversion of the interest.
- Share class: the most senior class of shares issued in the trigger round.
Once the Campaign has hit target, Seedrs will be in touch with existing FF CLA investors in respect of next steps in relation to the conversion.
Open an account to get access to the team members of CityFALCON
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.