SaaS cleantech that identifies urban pollution sources & mitigates them with real-time data & insights
- WINNER: Construction News - Innovation of the Year 2022
- Addresses combined market opportunity of £45.1Bn pa
- Verticals include waste, NHS, retail, construction
- Customers - NHS, Morgan Sindall & John Lewis
EMSOL’s sensor & analytics platform uses Machine Learning (ML) to detect the root causes of site-based air & noise pollution. This empowers businesses to take real-time targeted emissions reduction & control measures. Our technology is trademarked in the UK & EU, & three core aspects of the platform are currently patent-pending.
EMSOL was founded & is led by an outstanding CEO & successful serial entrepreneur who’s had two previous exits to BT & DPD. Together with the leadership team, whom, we believe hold necessary executive skills & experience to scale this SaaS technology business.
●Market opportunity is significant for corporates & the public sector who are committing to Green Plans & looking for low-cost, scalable solutions to meet their sustainability & emission reduction goals.
●Clients state our real-world & data solution is a game changer in addressing pollution.
●Pollution reporting requirements by the UK government (TCFD, ESOS, SECR) are expected to become compulsory & /or expanded to SMEs by 2023.
Substantial accomplishments to date
●Trusted by leading businesses & the public sector. We work with some of the largest in the UK, including:
We're building our model to be a highly scalable SaaS solution:
● Initial paid pilot deployments (12 months) build baseline dataset & build a scale-out business case.
● Land & expand - From this we expect a ratio of a min 3x more monitoring zones & locations, plus additional sites, and we're currently achieving a 90% gross margin across active sites.
● Long-term contracts - hardware deployments with support, currently some of our contracts are achieving 4 - 6 years and we intend to get longer contracts (e.g. to 2040 Net Zero Targets = 17-year contract terms, to 2050 Net Zero Targets = 27 years).
● We plan on implementing future new platform features (mainly software-based) - Some of these have already been entirely paid for, such as platform user licenses to supply chain collaborators.
Recognition & Awards
●50 Most Impactful Emerging Companies to Work For 2023
●Highly Recommended 'Innovation in Delivering Sustainability & Social Value' Award with London Borough of Merton the MJAwards 2023
●Selected Innovator to Deliver Net Zero Solutions - Tech Nation Net Zero
●Innovation of the Year Award - Construction News 2022
●Most Innovative Air Pollution Solution - UK Transport Awards 2022
●Mayor of London - Civic Innovation Challenge 2021
●London Tech Week - Tech for Good 2019
We believe we are a well-backed Business
● In our first Seedrs raise we overfunded by 245% in October 2021.
● Generated over £1M of revenue to date, with accelerated revenue growth in the last 2 quarters - Q4 FY22, Q1 FY23 *.
● Raised £1.6M to date and £0.53M in awards, grants and debt (Includes previous investment by Seedrs & British Business Bank).
*Based on unaudited management accounts
Our product is sold as a fully managed service incorporating deployment of our sensors, data interpretation & user facing platform. We capture vast volumes of high-quality pollution-related data for our customers that also belong to EMSOL to exploit.
There are 3 pricing options dependent on site nos/size. The MRR is also determined by the no of site entry points, loading bays & car parks.
EMSOL’s target markets are the NHS, Construction, Waste & Retail Logistics. Sales will focus on building on existing relationships with trial partners plus the expansion within those sectors.
As EMSOL tech matures, we expect contract durations to get longer, enabling EMSOL to offer pricing deals that meet an average 95% gross margin & an Annually Recurring Revenue forecast that will exceed 80%.
Use of proceeds
This investment of £350K enables EMSOL to recruit and build the critical accounts volume as we look to build to break-even.
The investment spending can be broken down into:
●50% of the investment will be used for growth, with a view to double the headcount in Account Management, Sales and Customer Service to meet the market demand across the prime four sectors.
●30% will go towards Product Road Map evolution in computer vision, ML/AI and platform scaling to deliver for Sustainability Managers.
●20% will fund scaling production and deployment capabilities to meet scalability and demand challenges.
Please note the business has the following outstanding loans:
1. A loan of £4,882 from the Development Bank Wales with an interest rate of 10% per annum. Please note the Company has agreed with the Lender to repay the loan via monthly repayments until March 2024, but the terms of the loan also allow for conversion into ordinary shares at the Lender’s election.
2. A Directors loan of £43,177 with an interest rate of 4.25% per annum. These loans are to be repaid on exit or when revenues permit.
3. A Bounce Back Loan of £38,247 with an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. This loan is being repaid monthly with the final amount due in March 2028.
Please note funds raised as part of this raise will not be used to repay outstanding debt.
Please note, there are 3 share classes in the Company: A Ordinary Shares, Vv Shares (Voting Growth Shares) and Vn Shares (Non-Voting Growth Shares). The valuation above is based on fully-diluted share capital, which includes:
1) EMI option pool consisting of 294,103 shares which can be converted into A Ordinary Shares. To date, 204,780 options have been issued.
2) 442,251 voting and 28,461 non-voting Growth Shares awarded to partners, advisors and employees of the Company in order to incentivise growth. These shares will share in the proceeds of the Company only after the relevant growth hurdle has been met.
Open an account to get access to the team members of EMSOL
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.