For The Creators
For The Creators is a circular fashion platform on a mission to reinvent maternity fashion forever.
- Featured in Elle, OK! Magazine, Metro, Womens Health & Stylist
- Backed by Founding Member of high profile private equity firm
- 670% YoY sales growth since launch in Nov 2020 without any paid marketing
- 40% month-on-month returning customer rate
Taking on the billion-dollar global clothing rental market, For The Creators is on a mission to reinvent the way women shop for maternity and postnatal fashion.
We believe that pregnant women and the environment are being let down by fashion. Lack of choice, and no single place to shop make dressing during pregnancy & postpartum a frustrating, wasteful, and expensive experience.
Following the birth of her first child in 2020, Founder Lyndsay witnessed firsthand how much money women are forced into spending on maternity clothing. Having to buy clothing that doesn’t fit their style and will only fit their changing body for a short period.
The Solution? A circular fashion platform that focuses on curating the best of maternity and postnatal fashion in a single destination. We enable women to build their maternity wardrobes in a way that suits them. Women can rent their maternity wardrobe, or purchase barely used clothing from the best maternity brands and across the high-end high street.
Substantial accomplishments to date
From a small 10 piece rental collection in Nov 2020, we’re now listed as one of the top fashion rental platforms in the UK. Lyndsay has taken a problem that millions of women experience every year and created a powerful business that’s making waves in the fashion industry. For The Creators is giving confidence to a community of women at a time when they should feel their most powerful and most beautiful.
- Listed as one of the Top 10 UK Fashion Rental Platforms by Elle Magazine.
- Established exclusive rental partnerships with the country’s most highly recognised maternity brands.
- Driven over 25,000 unique users to our platform without any paid marketing support and maintained a 40% returning customer rate.
- Developed (launching in early 2022) a proprietary peer to peer fashion marketplace specifically for maternity and postnatal clothing.
- Achieved a 1.6x higher conversion rate than the industry average (2.6% vs 1.6%).
- Achieved over £30,000 in Gross Sales in the past 11 months with no paid promotion or team.
- Launched an exclusive pre-loved partnership with maternity activewear brand Natal Active in partnership with Women's Aid.
- Promoted and loved by influential mums (with no spend) including Amy Lane (Executive Editor of Women's Health), The Enchanted Nanny (Parenting Coach) & BBC’s Nichola Ludlam-Raine.
- Planted over 2,000 trees across the world and offset 39 tonnes of carbon by planting 5 trees for every order.
We are incredibly proud of the growing and loyal customer base we have built in such a short space of time. Seeing 40% of our customers return to our platform MoM is a testament to how women are using our platform habitually.
We plan on generating revenue in 3 ways:
- Women can rent from their favourite brands for a fraction of the cost to buy new. The addition of our subscription service in Q1 2022 will enable women to build monthly collections of their choice as they progress through pregnancy and postpartum.
- Via our Outlet, women can purchase barely worn clothing from their favourite brands. In Q4 2021 we intend to launch the first peer-to-peer marketplace specifically for maternity and postnatal that will enable women to buy, and sell, to other women.
- In line with the launch of our subscription service, we will be collaborating with select brands to build sponsored partnerships to bring our customers products and services that will support their maternity and postnatal journey.
Use of proceeds
We’re on a mission to become the global leader in maternity fashion, championing women across the world. The past 12 months have proven that For The Creators is a service that women have been crying out for. We have the brand, we have the product, now, we need to build market share, and expand our team to capitalise on our growing momentum.
Your investment will go towards 4 key areas to further drive the awareness of our brand as the leading destination for maternity and postnatal fashion in the UK
- Building out our team including a CTO, COO, Marketing Manager, and Customer Success Manager.
- Continuing to develop our proprietary technology including an App, AI Styling experience, and revolutionary sizing tool.
- Activating our marketing plan to generate cost-efficient customer acquisition through strategic B2B-B2C partnerships.
- Continue to build exclusive rental partnerships with the leading maternity and high-end high street brands
The company has a £20,000 loan from a Family Member which doesn't accrue interest and will be repaid out of revenue when the business is deemed to be in a position to do so.
The funds from this round will not be used to repay this loan.
Open an account to get access to the team members of For The Creators
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.