Honestly Good Smoothie Company
A subscription box service to enrich your diet with 100% organic fruits, vegetables, and superfoods.
- More than 25 recipes and over 30,000 smoothie kits sold
- All packaging is re-usable, recyclable and/or compostable
- +430% growth since Seed (July 2019)
- Home delivery is now the fastest growing Organic food segment
The Honestly Good Smoothie Company. is on a mission to inspire the world to live a healthier lifestyle and promote #HonestlyGoodLiving
We deliver 100% organic pre-portioned smoothie ingredients directly to your door via flexible subscription.
From humble beginnings in Vikesh’s home kitchen in Bedfordshire in 2018, we’ve started to build a movement championing an honest and transparent food system. From using chunky-chopped all organic produce to behind-the-scenes footage in our kitchen, we’re completely open about everything we do, because we believe everyone deserves honestly healthy food. That’s #HonestlyGoodLiving.
Each recipe is developed by a chef and approved by an independent nutritionist. We serve a seasonal weekly menu consisting of the best organic, hand prepared fruit, veg, nuts, herbs, seeds, and superfoods.
The ingredients are delivered in ready-to-blend kits in recyclable, compostable and re-usable packaging.
When our founder Vikesh first started looking for a way to increase his fibre intake, he was disappointed to find many ready-to-drink smoothies were full of pasteurised apple juice, with very little fibre and powdered vitamins added back in. After losing faith in big brands he turned to his Mum, Neeta, who came to the rescue with home remedies of blending vegetable smoothies.
Recognising blender sales were booming, and having identified a rapidly growing number of consumers that were looking for increased transparency and the opportunity to personalise their nutrition through home made smoothies, The Honestly Good Smoothie Company was born with a mission-in-mind; to prove there needn't be a trade-off between ethically sustainable business and profit (with Mum’s help of course).
Our focus has always been to build a customer-centric brand that is transparent, sustainable and ever-changing to better meet the needs of our growing community. Being 100% organic is a big part of this vision.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- Vikesh quit his job and the Honestly Good journey begins
- Vikesh’s neighbours are inundated with free smoothies (for feedback!)
- Blake develops the initial range and we launch a one page landing site
- Launched MVP with 15 recipes and flexible subscription options
- Alicia & Milesh join the team :)
- Appear at the Southend Triathlon and Featured in Forbes & Pebble Magazine
- Raised £230k from angel investors and crowdfunding campaign
- Honestly Good HQ is moved from home kitchen to our state-of-the-art, all organic kitchen facility in London
- We’re bombarded with customers returning their packaging
- Prototype for re-usable packaging (phase 1) is ready!
- Increased our range to 25 recipes
- Chopped, peeled and froze over 4 tonnes of produce!
- Referral and loyalty scheme begins
- Introduced new packaging and launched our recycling scheme
- Introduced the ability to customise your box
- Launched 6 new recipes and developed our plant-based protein ranges
- 83% of orders have been from repeat customers
- 290% growth in active subscribers
- Over 30,000 smoothie kits sold to date
We generate revenue from customers subscribing to receive our organic smoothie kits weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
5m UK households already have a blender and the biggest trend driving change in the food and beverage industry is transparency.
We believe that customers are better informed about healthy eating and want more variety in their diet, which means now is the time to spread the Honestly Good word.
Having focused on building an awesome product and sustainable offering on the back of customer feedback, we believe we are ready to reach new audiences.
Whilst growing our fanbase for home-delivered smoothies is the main focus for 2020, we’re also launching complimentary products including plant-based mylks and snacks, and have begun offering a plug-and-play service for offices too!
Use of proceeds
The Honestly Good Smoothie Company have built a loyal fan base around a product and ethos their customers LOVE. Their mission-led, rockstar team have built scalable technology and operations, tested customer acquisition channels and are now ready to grow.
Your investment will help us:
- Deliver our tried and tested digital marketing strategy and continue to grow our subscribers
- Introduce our re-usable packaging (June 2020)
- Offer more data-driven personalised plans
- Introduce another 20 recipes (ready for production)
Our marketing efforts will be predominantly digital in 2020, though we’ll continue with a content-led approach and leverage partnerships with like-minded brands too, with a plan to diversify our marketing mix throughout 2021 as we explore different formats (offline).
We hope you’ll join us on our mission!
Open an account to get access to the team members of Honestly Good Smoothie Company
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.