Powering event discovery globally.
Line-Up's primary objective is to power event discovery globally.
Traditionally, many 'what’s on' guides rely on the manual collection of event listings. This is costly, inaccurate, and slow.
Line-Up has developed proprietary technology to collect this information automatically at a fraction of the cost.
We use this content to power our mobile app and the ‘what's on’ sections of some of the world's biggest media brands; including newspapers, radio stations and magazines.
For people looking for a fun day out with the family, the next big band, a local art exhibition, or anything in-between; we believe that our network of 'what's on' guides offers the ultimate solution.
For event promoters, we feel that Line-Up is an exceptionally powerful network through which they can advertise to a targeted audience of millions.
We believe that our technology allows access to event listings like never before. In the past events were added to sites manually; this came at a huge cost.
Line-Up's technology automates this process, meaning that event listings for any city in the world can be produced rapidly and at relatively little cost.
We believe that we're now in a position to become the engine behind event discovery globally – creating an incredibly valuable network for event promoters across the world.
For consumers, this means far better quality ‘what's on’ guides, wherever they access them; be it through mobile or web.
Whether you're organising the next Coldplay tour or a local stand up comedy show, we believe that Line-Up will be the most important channel for marketing your event.
The appeal is simple: once your event is on our platform, it will be instantly distributed across our network which already receives more than 15 million event views per month.
For events organisers, we believe that Line-Up provides a clear opportunity for an ROI, and access to a targeted, captive, audience.
Substantial accomplishments to date
We won Seedcamp London in January 2013.
We are generating significant revenue from some of the UK's biggest media brands, including Trinity Mirror and Bauer Media.
Our network of more than 60 titles includes household names such as: Magic FM, London24, Manchester Evening News, Irish Mirror and Daily Record.
Our mobile app, http://lineupnow.com/download, has been featured by Apple three times in ‘Best New Apps’, as well as by TechCrunch and the Daily Mail.
Monthly event views across our network have grown 100% in the last six months to more than 15 million.
Over 500 event promoters have signed up to the platform; including The Science Museum, Aston Villa FC and Phones 4u Arena.
Our platform is now processing some 40,000 events from more than 300,000 web pages per day.
We’ve built a high calibre team which is supported by strong investors including Seedcamp, Turi Munthe, Richard Fearn and Osman Mardin.
We are currently generating revenue from licensing our ‘what's on’ products to media companies.
We are building products for event promoters. These are aimed at enabling them to advertise to a targeted audience of millions of people actively looking for things to do; either on our mobile app or on one of our partners’ sites.
Following a successful trial with Now TV (in conjunction with Bauer Media), we are also developing advertising solutions for brands that want to reach our audience.
We expect additional revenue to come from ticket sales; either via affiliate fees from ticket resellers or from direct sales.
Use of proceeds
The proceeds raised will be used for two primary objectives:
Continued growth of our network
- We intend to hire additional developer resources to further enhance our mobile, web and API products.
- By expanding our business development team, we expect to be able to rapidly accelerate the rate at which we can add new partners to the network.
- We already have over 500 event promoters signed up to the platform; we now want to create products that will help them advertise their events across our network.
Line-Up addresses two core markets:
- Anybody who is looking for an event to go to; whether that is an art exhibition, family day out, music gig, film or anything in-between.
- These consumers are accessed via channels we own, such as our mobile app and website, but also through our API and widgets that power third party network sites.
- Anybody looking to promote an event; this includes event organisers, venue operators, artists and brands.
- Early adopters of Line-Up have proven that it appeals to promoters across the spectrum; from large scale venues, like the Science Museum, to small scale organisers, like the Drunken Butcher Supper Club.
Characteristics of target market
Worth more than $24bn annually in the US alone, the market for event promotion has continued to grow over the last five years.
We believe that there is no definitive platform to find events; this makes it extremely difficult for event promoters to reach a large audience.
By creating a single platform that powers event discovery services globally; Line-Up has the potential to access a share of the billions of dollars being spent around the world promoting film releases, music tours, theatre shows and a whole host of other events, large and small.
We reach consumers via our range of products: our mobile app, website and through third-party sites using our API and widgets.
By attracting prominent bloggers and influencers onto our mobile app, we have built a strong community of early adopters who have gone on to promote Line-Up as a unique way to discover events.
We have also been successful at attracting significant PR coverage and have been featured by the BBC, the Daily Mail, TechCrunch, London Live, and Forbes.
Our network of more than 60 titles gives us great exposure to event promoters and venue operators:
- Promoters can sign up to Line-Up directly from these sites to enhance the quality of their listings.
- Every site we power is co-branded as ‘powered by Line-up’.
- Every venue added to Line-Up is encouraged to claim their profile.
Line-Up’s core event collection and processing technology, along with our ability to distribute content, we believe gives us a huge competitive advantage.
In our opinion, the rate at which we're able to grow our network cost-effectively and potentially reach millions of people puts us in a unique position.
Line-Up’s competitive advantages can be broken down as follows:
- The Line-Up technology allows event data collection at a scale and cost that we believe is not possible to achieve with existing methods.
- The quantity and quality of this data allows Line-Up the potential to power ‘what’s on’ guides anywhere in the world for any website or app. Our network already includes some of the biggest media companies in the UK and we are in talks with companies in other geographies.
- As this network continues to grow it could become increasingly more appealing to event organisers who return regularly to manage and promote their events to an ever-growing audience.
- As more and more artists, promoters and venue owners rely on Line-Up as a key distribution channel; the scope and breadth of the information we gather improves and the stronger our competitive advantage becomes.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Line-Up
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.