Next generation ski school - the marketplace connecting skiers with independent ski instructors.
- 900 active ski instructors using the platform
- Over 10,000 customers have signed up to use the service
- Over 3100 instructor reviews
- £1M investment secured via Future Fund (Oct 2020)
Maison Sport connects skiers with independent ski instructors, we provide customers with a consistent way to securely book private ski & snowboard lessons in over 300 ski resorts across Europe.
After raising £1M via the Future Fund we are now reaching out to investors who want to invest via a standard equity round or through EIS.
Our mission is to revolutionise the way ski & snowboard instructors work around the world. Our platform gives instructors complete autonomy over their availability, products and pricing, and provides enough new business each season, that they can work independently from a traditional ski school, improving their quality of life.
By creating advanced technology we are dramatically improving the experience of booking an instructor, whilst opening up innovative product opportunities such as ‘shared privates’ and ‘Uber on the slopes’ lesson options – which have the potential to increase the size of the market.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Over £2M of lessons sold since launch, and 10,000 customer sign ups.
We have 900 active independent instructors on Maison Sport, giving us bookable availability of £42.8M.
185% revenue growth from 18/19 to 19/20*
Covid has created a surge of instructors sign ups.
Customers have left over 3,100 independent instructors reviews
*Based on unaudited management accounts
We have the ability to increase revenue streams as the business grows. Included in our plans are subscriptions fees for instructors and commission on ski rental and currency exchange.
Use of proceeds
We have grown the business on a tight budget over the past 4 years and with a very small team. We are excited to start scaling the business over the next 18 months and building a great team.
1. We've hired an experienced in-house tech team - A raft of product improvements and the ability to iterate quickly will improve the user experience and significantly boost the return rate.
2. Scale up our marketing - Our marketing budget has only increased a nominal amount each year. With both sides of our marketplace firing, we can now increase spend significantly to bring in more customers.
3. Launch in new countries - We are expanding our offering into new countries to lay the foundations for future growth.
4. Target £6m in booking revenue - Has a flywheel effect on the marketplace, the increased income ensures consistent and strong long term growth.
Ultimately we want to become the biggest seller of ski lessons in the world, and completing this raise is one step in the journey.
The company has the following outstanding loans:
1. £50,000 loan from Lloyds at an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be fully repaid in 2026.
2.£75,000 loan from three shareholders at an interest rate of 4% per annum. The loan is to be repaid October 2022.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay these loans
Future Fund convertible loan
The company has the following outstanding convertible loans, which may convert to equity after this round and dilute existing shareholders:
£1,002,320 Future Fund Convertible Loan, with the following key terms:
- Interest rate: 8% non-compounding.
- Conversion trigger(s): An equity raise of at least the value of the convertible loan.
- Conversion price: 20% discount on the share price of the qualifying round
- Valuation Cap: £4,500,000
- Share class: Most senior class of shares issued in the round
- Repayment date: 17 September 2023
This round is expected to trigger this convertible loan and it has been priced in to the pre-money valuation.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Maison Sport
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.