- Investment sought:
- Equity offered:
On one hand, parents have to manage an onslaught of routine information, documents, activities, etc; on the other, it is difficult for parents to follow, let alone implement, overwhelming amount of information/resources available today on parenting.
Nurturey helps parents digitise and simplify their journey in an intuitive, appealing and frictionless manner.
Globally, signing up on Nurturey will be one of the first steps parents take when they conceive. It will be the 'go-to' platform for parents for digital tools that will set them free of anxiety in their parental journey.
With its ORGANISE, NURTURE, TEAM-UP and CHERISH model, Nurturey offers productivity tools to manage every aspect of life around kids. Moreover, it aims to connect parents with only the most relevant information/resources, empowering them to be pro-active in nurturing their children. And with multi-device access, Nurturey aims to bring control to parents' fingertips.
Digitisation is an irreversible phenomenon of the modern world; and Nurturey will bring its benefits to the parents and parenting.
a) Efficiency: Saves time and reduces errors in routine activities; enables smooth coordination with family and preserves all that is relevant and memorable.
b) Effectiveness: Tap into the wealth of resources already available, but only those that are relevant to your unique child.
2) The FOUR pillars:
a) ORGANISE - The one platform.
Information, documents or responsibilities – manage everything about kids at your fingertips.
b) NURTURE - Right information at the right time:
Overwhelmed with resources around you? Let Nurturey’s algorithms proactively connect you only to the most relevant stuff.
c) TEAM-UP - Effortless sharing/ communication with other parents:
Coffee mornings, lost jumpers, invitations or general talks – plan and share effortlessly with other parents on Nurturey.
d) CHERISH - Accessible and meaningful memories:
Build and cherish meaningful memories - the whole story - of your kids and parenthood in ways beyond just pictures and videos.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Last year, 118 investors, many parents themselves, backed us with £72,240 (206% oversubscribed).
Since then, we've delivered value for the shareholder money, by accomplishing all the items listed below:
1) Built and launched consumer-ready web app - (www.nurturey.com)
2) iPhone app beta launched - Our app will be a game changer in driving user engagement.
3) Android app beta launched - completing our comprehensive multi-device experience.
Note: Please see the UPDATE section for details of how to download the iPhone and Android Beta apps.
B) User traction:
1) Our signed up user number is approaching 5 figures (within 5-6 months).
2) Sign ups from 30+ countries.
1) Buzzing FB page with over 10,000 likes. (https://www.facebook.com/nurtureyonweb).
2) Weekly, our FaceBook page reaches over 350,000 of the target audience and engage with over 20,000 of them.
3) Print and TV media coverage.
After achieving significant base of engaged users, we will implement one or a mix of the following revenue models:
We aim to make a total revenue of £50/YEAR per customer/family, through a combination of all these revenue models.
A) Transaction cut:
- We are building several algorithms. Based on the rich data, Nurturey's algorithms would connect parents to the most appropriate resources (free/paid, online/offline) at the most appropriate time.
- In case a paid transaction takes place, we believe we could charge a commission of 25-30%.
- e.g., On Nurturey' recommendation, if a consultation with a psychologist takes place or an e-learning product is purchased, we can charge a commission.
B) Subscription/Freemium based:
- Standard (free) and premium subscription. - While all features will be free, volumes of services may be limited. e.g. for more than 100 items in 'timeline', premium subscription required.
Currently we are not aiming to implement advertisements based business models.
Use of proceeds
Invest to build two pillars: Consumer (the King) and Product (the Queen)
- Drive user base expansion and engagement.
- Enhance the product by adding flagship and addictive features across devices .
The money will be allocated approximately as below:
1) 40% Product enhancement.
2) 25% Marketing - user acquisition.
3) 15% Marketing - brand enhancement.
4) 17% Admin & overheads.
5) 3% Server and infrastructure.
1) Customer segment:
Nurturey's customers are parents who are either in pregnancy phase or have kids in the age range of 0-10.
Our current launch aimed at parents with kids in 0-3 years range, but we will now expand this further with product enhancement.
2) Geographical segment:
a) We position Nurturey as a global platform, especially where English language works.
b) Our initial brand building efforts are in the UK, US and Indian market.
c) India is a key market for us, due to its world's largest youth (parents and soon to be parents) population. If we don’t build traction in India, a copycat competitor can become bigger.
3) Segment size (our estimates):
a) UK: approx. 4-5 million families in our target range.
b) India (top-25 Indian cities): There are aprox. 10-12 million middle class families in target range.
c) US: Approx 25 million in target range.
Just these first three markets themselves represent a segment size of over 40million families in the target range.
Characteristics of target market
We estimate our market size is £25 billion for UK, US and India.
This is an estimate of total revenue opportunities relevant to our monetisation strategy,which is the commission earning opportunities, on only non-school spend online by parents.
Our calculations are based on the following assumptions:
- 30% spend is done online, of all non-school spend by parents.
- 30% average commission opportunity, on each transaction, as sales agents.
A) Immediate to medium term strategy
We have developed our user acquisition and brand building capabilities around Facebook, for the following reasons:
- More than 10-15 million daily active FB users in our target base.
Our strategy is backed by the results so far.
-We have achieved, what we feel to be, a competitively low customer acquisition cost.
- Acquisition rate so far has been proportional to our marketing spend. In fact the rate tends to increase marginally faster on spend increase.
- We aim to increase daily sign up rate to more than 1000, once we have launched the app for public, by increasing acquisition spend.
B) Medium to long-term strategy:
With time we will also develop following three key channels:
1) Schools/ Parent networks/ Clubs:
- Market directly to primary/ preparatory schools to whom we will provide our free solutions.
2) Online advertisement channels:
- Ads on parenting websites such as, Mumsnet, Babycenter etc, which have many unique users per month each in target age group.
- As our user base will reach a critical mass, parent referral will have significant proportion in new customer acquisition.
- This will happen on referral or when parents create a group inviting other parents to join.
1) Direct competitors:
- We are not aware of any competition with direct and significant overlap of features.
2) Indirect/Partial competitors:
a) Piecemeal solution providers or tools.
- Solutions such as kids photo up-load websites, on-line/printed family calendars, milestone trackers etc.
- We feel that such platforms bring neither a comprehensive nor frictionless experience for parents. We believe its not possible for parents to manage several solutions, and would rather prefer a single platform that is accessible, meaningful and easy to use.
b) School softwares:
- Some school softwares have extensions for parents. However these solutions are aimed at school-parent communication.
- Nurturey provides solution for Parent (and communication among parents), with limited extension to schools.
- In fact, we plan to partner with some school software solution providers, and Nurturey expects to emerge as the 'parent front-end' for school solutions.
3) Complementaries (content providers):
- Companies such as Babycenter, Mumsnet or e-learning platforms would be our complementaries.
- Nurturey is not a content provider and aims to often guide users to other content platforms as appropriate.