The disruptive female-founded business creating superior eco-friendly period care. Period.
|Sectors||Healthcare Mixed Digital/Non-Digital Mixed B2B/B2C|
|Incorporation date||7 Jan 2021|
- Over 1,000 D2C sales in less than 5 months, with +35% MoM growth*
- Secured 4 B2B supply contracts, including Vodafone
- Sustainable period products with 100% certified organic cotton
- Passionate female-founders disrupting the period care market
Riley is here to disrupt the stale period care market. Our mission is to improve women’s lives by providing superior period care. Period.
There are almost 2 billion people menstruating worldwide today, a vast opportunity that cuts through borders, languages and cultures. As three female founders, we were shocked to discover mainstream period products are laden with plastic, bleach, pesticides and other chemicals. Up to 24 hormone disrupting chemicals, to be precise. We knew there was a way of doing better, for our bodies and for the planet.
Riley creates sustainable organic period products that are better for your body, whenever and wherever you need them. All of our products are compostable, made with 100% GOTS certified organic cotton in the EU. They are toxin-free, chemical-free and vegan-friendly.
Riley is dedicated to fighting period poverty which is why we make a donation for every box sold to providing sanitary products to those who need them.
Substantial accomplishments to date
- We have confirmed four B2B partnerships with large corporations supplying over 2,000 staff with eco-friendly period products, including Vodafone, contributing to their sustainability and gender equality initiatives.
- Over 1,100 D2C sales via our online store. On track to help with over 5,000 menstrual cycles by the end of 2021. Can ship to over 30 countries.
- The average person uses 11,000 tampons in her lifetime, equal to 5,500 plastic bags. By supplying bio-based applicators we’ve already saved over 8,000 plastic bags since launching 5 months ago.
- Our tampon applicators are made from sugarcane which is a renewable source, resulting in a carbon saving when compared with conventional applicators.
- Committed to fighting Period Poverty through our partnership with charity Development Pamoja. We've sponsor doctor-led school visits and have already educated 900 young girls in rural Kenya on menstrual health, as well as providing free sanitary products.
- Nominated for Eco-Friendliness Award at the FBA Awards 2021
- Featured in Tatler, Irish Times, Lad Bible, Her.ie, Irish Examiner, RSVP Magazine, RTE and more
- We are an SEIS/EIS qualifying company in the UK and an EIIS qualifying company in Ireland. Your investment may be eligible for tax relief. For those investors investing through Seedrs, Seedrs will organise EIS tax relief for your investment. To organsie EIIS tax relief, please speak with a tax advisor on this.
Riley makes money in two ways. With this omnichannel approach we reach our target market wherever and whenever they need our products, whether that is at home, in the office, or at university.
DIRECT TO CONSUMER
We sell direct to our customers via our online store. Customers sign up on a recurring subscription basis which ensures they never run out of product. Option for monthly but we incentivise quarterly deliveries to reduce carbon emissions.
BUSINESS TO BUSINESS
We partner with corporations and universities to supply their staff and students with eco-friendly period products. These long-term high value initiatives contribute to their United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and provide valuable brand awareness and secured cash injections for Riley.
Use of proceeds
The funds raised will be used for three key purposes:
(1) Growing our Team
We plan to hire kick-ass people to help us in the areas of operations, marketing, finance and customer success. They will be an integral part of growing Riley across international markets and ensuring we keep our customers satisfied.
(2) Product Development
A portion of the funds will be used on product development and innovation to further improve women's lives. We launched to market with a minimum viable product but it doesn't stop there. We have big ideas! We'll begin with further market research and aim to launch a new product range next year.
Marketing will be a key focus for us as we move into international markets. We plan to build out a customer referral programme, we'll continue creating educational content, and we'll partner with the right people to shout about our brand from the rooftops. We'll also look at localising our website and marketing activations within regions that are performing well.
* based on unaudited management accounts
Open an account to get access to the team members of Riley
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.