We make Bloody good ready to drink Bloody Marys for supermarkets, premium retail, the on-trade, and D2C
- The only ready to drink Bloody Mary stocked in major supermarkets
- 136% rise in Sainsbury’s distribution, & launched into Waitrose
- Almost £350K in revenue last year*
- Great Taste Award winning product
As Bloody Mary obsessives, we launched Bloody Drinks with the aim of becoming the first brand to take ‘ready to drink’ versions of our favourite cocktail to the UK mass market. Just over two years later, we’ve built a loyal community of direct customers, become the only Bloody Mary RTD on major supermarket shelves, and we’re making inroads in restaurant chains and pub groups. This is the start of something a bit Bloody special, and we’d Bloody love for you to join us.
Substantial accomplishments to date
Despite pandemics and lockdowns, we’ve had some wins we’re really Bloody proud of:
• Launched in Selfridges Christmas 2019
• Grew premium credentials, with listings in delis, bottle shops and award winning restaurants
• Launched into Sainsburys, summer 2020
• Spent 2021 growing on-trade presence, winning several key national wholesale accounts, launching in our first national pub group, and developing a product for Wagamama
• Won awards, including Best Canned Cocktail (The Evening Standard), a People’s Choice Spirits Award, and a Great Taste Award
• Negotiated a license to use and namecheck Lea & Perrins and Tabasco on products
• Further grew our grocery presence, listing on Ocado, increasing Sainsbury’s store count by 136%, and launching into Waitrose
• Grew the Bloody Family (our D2C community), with online sales up 286% from last year
• Signed up for 1% For The Planet
And with exciting conversations now progressing with airlines, hotels chains, and the UK's biggest pub groups, we’re only just getting Bloody started.
*Revenue data from unaudited management accounts.
We currently have four main sectors which generate revenue, with a 5th (international) to come…
- Now: 3 grocers and a range of independents
- Target: Grow current grocery store numbers, list in Tesco, M&S, Morrisons, expand into convenience
- Now: One pub group, one casual dining chain, range of independents
- Target: 3 x casual dining chains and 1500+ pubs by Q4 2023
- Now: conversations with one major airline and one major hotel group
- Target: 3 x major airlines and 3 x hotel groups by Q4 2023
- Now: Sales grown over 286% over the last year, over 340 5* reviews, strong engagement
- Target: maintain customer acquisition, increase ad spend and engage community with new products, launch US D2C operation Q2 2023
- Target: A North America retail launch in 2024, once we’ve built a strong D2C community
Use of proceeds
Our business is in a rapid growth phase, and your investment will be used for
1. Marketing & Sales Activation
• Supporting our supermarket listings online and instore, alongside our first targeted billboard campaign
• Increasing our D2C ad spend across social media, as well as boosting google and amazon ad spend
2. Growing the team
• We’re looking for ambitious individuals who share our values and energy to come and join our team. Our first new hire will be a National Account Manager with a focus on retail and grocer, followed by a NAM for “out of home” drinking.
3. Production & NPD
• Rapid growth in distribution and sales mean production has had to scale rapidly too; some funds will be used to keep cash flow strong during sell-through in new accounts. We’re also developing and launching three new products; a vegan friendly Bloody Mary, a non-alcoholic Bloody Mary, and our very popular Bloody Samurai.
The company has a £30,000 loan from one of the founders which doesn't accrue interest and will be repaid from revenues when the business is in a position to do so.
The funds from this round will not be used to repay this loan.
Please note that any discounts, rewards and/or offers listed by a company in its campaign are subject to the terms and conditions applied by that company. It is the company’s responsibility to honour such discounts, rewards and/or offers and Seedrs does not take any responsibility for them.
Open an account to get access to the team members of Bloody Drinks
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.