A non-alcoholic natural spirit company, founded by an award-winning mixologist.
- Named Best Overall Non-Alcoholic Spirit 2021 by The Independent
- Served by Delia Smith, "A superb and really clever invention"
- Premium listings including Dishoom, Sticks’n’Sushi, Sushi Samba
- Launched in Dubai: Spinney's (Waitrose) and Atlantis Hotel
CROSSIP is a non-alcoholic natural spirit company, founded by an award-winning drinks expert, Carl Anthony Brown. Our liquids contain absolutely no alcohol and are designed to be consumed like typical alcoholic spirits (recommended 25ml serving).
As a base for cocktails, like our Pure Negroni:
..or added to simple mixers, like our signature Smokey Cokey:
The problem we are solving is how to simulate the mature flavour, texture and mouthfeel of an adult drink, without the alcohol content. Think of the sharp bitter twist of a Negroni, the warmth in your throat of an Old Fashioned. The texture, the kick, the depth.
To do this, we use an in-house maceration process of raw botanicals and spices and extract these sensations. The result being CROSSIP. Unapologetically Bold.
Our mission is to provide consumers and drinks professionals globally with mightily flavoursome non-alcoholic liquids and prove that alcohol is not essential to enjoy a well-rounded and satisfying adult drink.
Substantial accomplishments to date
In our first year since commercially launching for sale, the business has picked up some great momentum:
• Named as the Best Overall Non-Alcoholic Spirit of 2021 by The Independent
• No. 1 Choice as tested in The Sun’s Top 22 Non-Alcoholic Drinks for 2022
• Recommended by ITV drinks critics on both Love Your Weekend & This Morning
• Served in Delia Smith restaurants: “We are overjoyed with CROSSIP on our 0% Cocktail Menu. A superb and really clever invention” - Delia Smith
• Winning multiple listings on the menus of reputable bars and restaurants: Dishoom, Sticks’n’Sushi, Sushi Samba, Coppa Club, Flemings Hotel Mayfair, and many more.
• Winning multiple awards, including a Gold in the International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC)
• Started overseas expansion with Dubai, with listing in 25 Spinney’s (Waitrose) supermarkets and restaurants and bars in The Atlantis Hotel.
• £176k of sales in our first year, despite headwinds from COVID and supply chain issues.*
• Secured 2x Non-Exec Investor Directors who between them have significant experience in investment.
• Chosen by The BBC’s Apprentice as drinks partner to help contestants in a Non-Alcoholic Cocktail in a can challenge.
And we are only just getting started!
... Gosh that was a lot of bullet points, about time for an FTC (Fresh, Tonic & Cucumber) ;-)
*Based on unaudited management accounts
No & Low drinks are still only 3.5% of total alcohol volume, leaving significant room for further growth in an ever health-conscious society.
“What we’re seeing is a moderation trend that’s sweeping across key global markets, and that’s bringing with it increased demand for reduced alcohol or alcohol-free drinks.” - Mark Meek, CEO of International Wines and Spirits Record.
Whilst the first category to take off was No & Low beers, alcohol-free spirits have started to follow in their footsteps. Currently, beer represents 75% of all No & Low beverages and spirits only 0.6%. This compares to traditional alcohol in which spirits have a much larger 24.7% market share. Therefore, as the market matures and spirits "catch up" there is huge upside. This is represented by the much higher CAGRs (compound annual growth rates) being forecasted in spirits, expected to grow by 14% annually in the next few years.
We will aim to tap into this growth by selling our drinks through a multi channel strategy.
Use of proceeds
We plan to use the proceeds to scale the brand in the UK and launch further export markets.
More precisely, our key initial target sales channel will be Hospitality (The On-Trade). Bars, restaurants and hotels are reacting to consumer demand and actively expanding their menus to offer more No & Low options.
The decision makers here: Culinary Directors, Head Bartenders and Head Chefs are experts in flavour. It’s their job to build a great tasting menu and satisfy their customers. This is our “low hanging fruit”. From a strategy point of view, it is also the best way to get drinks into consumers’ hands and spread the word about our brand. Commercially, due to our strength of liquid, and smaller serving size, we also offer better margins. We are seeing some strong momentum here already, as can be seen in our listings above.
This means investing predominantly in our sales team and marketing efforts, giving a breakdown in spend of:
• Salaries - 20%
• Marketing - 70%
• Working cap - 10%
The company has an outstanding Bounce Back Loan of £50,526.17 with an interest rate of 2.5% per annum. The loan is to be repaid by September 2030.
The funds raised from this investment round will not be used to repay this loan.
Open an account to get access to the team members of CROSSIP
Already have an account? Log in
To comply with financial regulations, we can only show full campaign details to registered users.